Anyone else disappointed with their Note 7?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
"The two biggest things I look for in a phobe are battery life and camera. So far it seems the Note 7 is inferior to the Note 5 in both these aspects and significantly so. My battery life is so terrible I almost wonder if my unit is defective - I'm currently at 61% after 4 hours of averahe use when my note 5 would easily be at 75% by now.

Am I the only one who feels this way?"

From the OP

I didn't compare the camera between my Note 5 and when I had the Note 7 because I'm not a big camera person. In terms of battery life, my Note 5 was better than the Note 7. My Note 5 is the Exynos version and they do have better battery life. Is your Note 5 the Snapdragon version or Exynos one?
Hard to say if you have a defective unit. I think it might be related to Samsung using Snapdragon 820 and MM.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Note 7 in my possession since Thursday the 18th. I have phone restarts scheduled every Saturday at 3am, and I go in every couple days to check the optimization percentage making sure I'm above 95% at all times (and correct it if not). This phone is and has been screaming since Day 1. It is as smooth as my Nexus current on 7.0. Disappointing that experiences are so scattered.
Likewise here with my Note

It's been lighting fast with no lag whatsoever and though I don't use the S pen often ...... when I have it's been lots of fun

Hopefully those with issues with their Notes can have it resolved or exchanged ?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Because yours isn't scratched, or at least not yet, doesn't mean that someone else may not have had an issue.

I was referring to that stupid video by JerryRigEverything. It's been debunked. And before you start arguing with me, a metal tip with a hardness of 3 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness cannot scratch glass that has a hardness of 5. It just doesn't happen. I have a degree in geology. I know these things.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to that stupid video by JerryRigEverything. It's been debunked. And before you start arguing with me, a metal tip with a hardness of 3 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness cannot scratch glass that has a hardness of 5. It just doesn't happen. I have a degree in geology. I know these things.
While it technically isn't a scratch according to Corning, it does look like a scratch to the average person, and that alone makes it somewhat concerning.

And I thought I'd like to say that I've been watching Zack's videos for a while. The one weird thing is that in the same test, the Note7 shows marks on the screen early on while the rest don't until much later. He seems to be consistent with his stuff.

I don't know what's up, but my theory is that Gorilla Glass 5 is a bit softer than Gorilla Glass 4 for better shatter resistance. That's great for drops, but not so great for scratches.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
While it technically isn't a scratch according to Corning, it does look like a scratch to the average person, and that alone makes it somewhat concerning.

And I thought I'd like to say that I've been watching Zack's videos for a while. The one weird thing is that in the same test, the Note7 shows marks on the screen early on while the rest don't until much later. He seems to be consistent with his stuff.

I don't know what's up, but my theory is that Gorilla Glass 5 is a bit softer than Gorilla Glass 4 for better shatter resistance. That's great for drops, but not so great for scratches.

That's the consumer's problem then if it looks like a scratch. A scratch isn't a scratch unless it's a scratch.

2bealive

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 for over a year and LOVED it so was very excited to see all great reviews of the Note 7. After 3 days though I think I'm going to keep the note 5 and return the Note 7. The two biggest things I look for in a phobe are battery life and camera. So far it seems the Note 7 is inferior to the Note 5 in both these aspects and significantly so. My battery life is so terrible I almost wonder if my unit is defective - I'm currently at 61% after 4 hours of averahe use when my note 5 would easily be at 75% by now.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I want to love this phone (and I do love how easy it is to hold with the curved edges and also that its water proof) but I feel like it's such a disappointment.

I'm also very disappointed with my note 7. I'm taking it back I'm gonna stick with my note 5. They did some improvements like putting the sd card, refining the s pen, I like the glance, magnify. The phone looks really good. I've wasted over $80 on cases and screen protector. First screen protector was temper glass wouldn't work with the case I then bought a cheaper case with no protecting to get it to work 3 days later protector wouldn't stay on the phone do to the glue being on the edge of the protector. Then got some cheap film protector it works but on the edge of the phone it's lifting up and getting dust underneath of it. I really am not liking the curved edges on the phone it's been a pain finding a good case and screen protector for it. With my note 5 I bought 1 case and 1 temper glass protector and it's still on my note 5 right now with no issues. The phone is very laggy like scrolling up and down on the screen is not smooth at all. I'm hoping later updates will improve this. The battery life is a lil better on my note 7 then my note 5 but not by much. My co workers iPhone 6s battery out last my note 7. Where side by side all day at work on Facebook, you tube, Pokemon you name it I'll be at 20% he'll be at 30% by the end of the day. I don't see any big difference in performance, battery life, or the camera on the note 7 then the note 5 I feel my note 5 runs alot smoother. The finger print scanner works alot better on the note 7 then note 5. Samsung took the s7 edge and added some improvements to it and called the note 7, it should of had 6gb of ram, snapdragon 821, a bigger battery. It's sad my co workers year old iPhone 6s loads every app, browser, game faster and runs smoother then my note 7. If you got the note 5 I wouldn't waste my money getting the note 7. If you got a note 4 it would be worth upgrading to the note 7.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone will like the phone. I love it. Battery life is great for me. And I have a mophie in case. Haven't used yet. It's a mini computer. I am very careful with my gadgets. Screen protector and case always

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's the consumer's problem then if it looks like a scratch. A scratch isn't a scratch unless it's a scratch.
Well, if you can't rub that material transfer mark off, it's going to count as a scratch to a lot of people.

I'm not entirely convinced that Gorilla Glass 5 is as scratch-resistant as Gorilla Glass 4. Mainly because one key benefit of GG5 over GG4 is the improved shatter-resistance. Usually, for better shatter-resistance, the glass would have to be slightly softer so that it can better withstand the force from a drop, which is also why shatterproof/shatter-resistant phones like the Moto Z Force and the Galaxy S7 Active have either plastic screens or a plastic layer on top of the glass in order to withstand drops to either prevent or reduce the likelihood of shatters.

Because GG5 boasts better resistance than GG4, the glass may have to be slightly softened in order to better take impacts. Net result is that it better holds up when you drop the thing, but because it might have to be softened for that better shatter-resistance, it wouldn't be as good when it comes to scratches.

It's a theory that I have, but also one that I think makes quite a bit of sense.

Nyt1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
OP here. I think that my battery life has gotten better, although I'm not sure.
Screenshot_20160830-232227.jpg

My battery performance seems pretty average compared to what I've been seeing, so I'm assuming I probably did not receive a defective unit? It's still not as great as I would like it to be, but it has reached the Note 5's battery level.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is great for me
How long was it before the battery in your N7 was giving you great life?I'm still in the setting up phase and frankly it sucks in comparison to my N4. It has the best battery life and always did. If the life is like what I'm experiencing now, it'll have to go back.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Very disappointed with the phone, the UI is very laggy and the battery isn't impressive even being. Returned mine, even before the recall issue surfaced.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude