08-30-2016 02:53 AM
45 12
tools
    If Apple would get rid of headphone jack(which is like 99% confirmed), I see a lot of people turning away from them. It's been an industry standard since 70's and you can't just force everyone to switch to YOUR standard. If they will implement USB-C, than, at least I could see some continuity with industry and future-proofing. I've got too many good headphones to just abandon them. And I don't want to carry any adaptors around.
    08-28-2016 11:33 AM
    I use an iPad and a Note.

I'd say that's a good working combo, especially since my Note has been shaping up to be quite the workhorse.
    Same here. Love my Note 7/iPad Pro combo.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:23 PM
    If Apple would get rid of headphone jack(which is like 99% confirmed), I see a lot of people turning away from them. It's been an industry standard since 70's and you can't just force everyone to switch to YOUR standard.
    Perhaps not everyone, but Apple has tremendous influence over people's choices, the media, and public opinion. They were among the first to denounce FLASH and not use it, and now just about everyone has moved away. They never used Micro USB or any other industry standard for charging. Few if any of their software products work outside of Apple devices, etc.

Apple can, as has, forced folks to switch to their standard. I think it is silly, and borderline ridiculous to remove the 3.5mm jack. But Apple can change many things through sheer force of will with their influence. I would be surprised (but happy) if other manufacturers didn't follow Apple with this ...

p.s. Add me to the list of Note 7 / iPad Pro users
    08-28-2016 02:07 PM
    My daughters birthday was today... got her a pair of Beats Solo 2 wireless headsets. I run 12-20 miles a week and if I use headphones they're bluetooth. Prices going down too... $200 for the Beats is not bad. < $100 for sports ones for running. Wireless is the way to go. This is just the beginning so not immediate. But it's going the way of the cassette.
    08-28-2016 02:36 PM
    Well if you feel like you might fall off the wagon, don't try to handle it yourself. I'll be your sponsor, contact me and I'll find you some good news toys to keep you on the straight and narrow 😁
    You have always been there in my time of need
    08-28-2016 03:11 PM
    I use apple for work, but Android for personal. I would go nuts if I had to use Apple all the time. The new iPhone doesn't look like it's going to be all that impressive, but I think next year it sounds like there might be some innovation coming from Apple, we will see. Either way, I will never get myself locked into that ecosystem again
    08-28-2016 04:36 PM
    I use apple for work, but Android for personal. I would go nuts if I had to use Apple all the time. The new iPhone doesn't look like it's going to be all that impressive, but I think next year it sounds like there might be some innovation coming from Apple, we will see. Either way, I will never get myself locked into that ecosystem again
    From what I have heard through the rumor mill, Apple may come out with a very good smartphone next year. But, at this time I'm not really interested. I'm really into this N7.
    08-28-2016 08:12 PM
    Looks like we'll know what Apple has planed on September 7th. They just announced their media event for that day.
    08-29-2016 11:15 AM
    You have always been there in my time of need
    I know.. I live vicariously though your phone and technology addiction hahaha
    08-29-2016 05:12 PM
    I know.. I live vicariously though your phone and technology addiction hahaha
    I have gotten better with it. I only had 4 phones this year which is amazing for me. I do honestly believe that the Note 7 will be my last smartphone in 2016 until it's time for me to upgrade this time next year.
    08-29-2016 05:58 PM
    I have gotten better with it. I only had 4 phones this year which is amazing for me. I do honestly believe that the Note 7 will be my last smartphone in 2016 until it's time for me to upgrade this time next year.
    My Note 5 is my first and only phone I have used a year. I'm at a year and a week now and I am very itchy hahaha
    08-29-2016 06:03 PM
    My Note 5 is my first and only phone I have used a year. I'm at a year and a week now and I am very itchy hahaha
    I had a short stint with the iPhone in between using my Note 5. It was definitely my go to smartphone for most of this year. The Note 7 has everything I wanted in a smartphone this year.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:07 PM
    I had a short stint with the iPhone in between using my Note 5. It was definitely my go to smartphone for most of this year. The Note 7 has everything I wanted in a smartphone this year.
    I'm still in disbelief you went back to Android. Last time I read your thread in the note 5 forum you had started using your iPhone again . Lol
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 06:10 PM
    I'm still in disbelief you went back to Android. Last time I read your thread in the note 5 forum you had started using your iPhone again . Lol
    Yup exactly.. Seems like his girlfriend was trying to make him go back to iPhone lol
    08-29-2016 06:11 PM
    I did then I temporarily lost my mind and sold the iPhone and Note 5 and kept my Nexus 6 as my one device. That was a crazy time but I did go back to the Note 5 And now the 7.
    08-29-2016 06:14 PM
    I did then I temporarily lost my mind and sold the iPhone and Note 5 and kept my Nexus 6 as my one device. That was a crazy time but I did go back to the Note 5 And now the 7.
    So in between then, when did you get your mind back? lol
    08-29-2016 06:16 PM
    This thread caught my eye. I have the iPhone 6s plus and previous to that had the Samsung Note series. I was driven to Apple because of the Apple watch but, after Apple confirmed that the iPhone 7 will not have any drastic changes to it, I am sort of disappointed. I also heard that the overall design of the Apple watch will not change either with the new version which is a let down. I really like the dial on the S2 and the intuitiveness along with the display. I keep fighting the jump but, have a feeling that one day when I am driving home, I am going to pull the trigger and move back to Samsung. Sadly the Apple Watch does not work with Android so, I am going to have to sell both.

On the flipside, I have more options with the Smartwatches so, that is a plus.
    08-29-2016 07:34 PM
    So in between then, when did you get your mind back? lol
    Around March. I went back to the Note 5 because I missed my Samsung. I missed my s-pen and I missed Samsung Pay. I really missed the screen too.
    08-29-2016 07:39 PM
    Around March. I went back to the Note 5 because I missed my Samsung. I missed my s-pen and I missed Samsung Pay. I really missed the screen too.
    Yeah the spen has me in trouble. I've been using the spen since the first Note. I'm seriously hooked on it.
    08-29-2016 07:41 PM
    You couldn't have explained it better.

Apple is just making same things, little here and there. But this time Samsung has done an amazing job.
    08-30-2016 02:53 AM
45 12