Samsung Galaxy Note 7 vs IPhone 7

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I actually seem to be using my iPad less now that I'm firmly back in the Android world with my phone. I switched from an iPhone in June (Samsung Galaxy S7)...I had forgotten how much MORE I feel I can do on Android versus the iPhone. I'm thisclose to thinking I could even be happy watching movies on the Note 7 versus the iPad (the screen IS gorgeous on this note). I'm definitely only using the iPad for consumption at this point...entertainment. Once in a while I might fire it up for internet surfing but I've become very comfortable using the Note and Samsung browser for that, too. If ONLY there was a reliable, wired solution to stream movies from my Note to a television I think I could see me giving up my iPad entirely. With the memory card I'm supposed to get as a gift (but who knows when) I'd love to throw my movie collection on their and then when I want to see them on a bigger screen, stream them. It has to be a "wifi free" solution, though. Direct wifi works fair...but I noticed sound will drop out at times.

Anyway I digress...I'm definitely firmly back in the Android world but I do look forward to seeing what the iPhone will bring.

Yep. I was regretting only getting a 16 GB iPad for the longest time, but now I'm down to watching Hulu and updating spreadsheets only on it. The spreadsheets go back into the cloud and back to my Surface Pro 4.

My phone does more than enough, but I still need the other two for various purposes.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I think Apple focus this year is ios and hardware, which does seem to be lagging, next year with iPhone 8.

I left iPhone 6S+ for the S7 (and S2 tab 9.7)

Note 7 and 7.0 N

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If they go A9 to new A10 processor and with current iPhone 6 being as fast as current androids, I think it will be a safe guess the iPhone 7 will be smoother and faster than Note 7. Been playing with iOS 10 and it's been getting better with every new beta release.

Then Android will be able to compete with 2017 phones and new 830 in S8.

Other than that experienced between android and iOS is a personal preference

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If they go A9 to new A10 processor and with current iPhone 6 being as fast as current androids, I think it will be a safe guess the iPhone 7 will be smoother and faster than Note 7. Been playing with iOS 10 and it's been getting better with every new beta release.

Then Android will be able to compete with 2017 phones and new 830 in S8.

Other than that experienced between android and iOS is a personal preference
I wouldn't be surprised. The 6s does seem to perform better than the Note7 in general, especially due to the leaner OS, better optimization, especially on a per-app basis and faster PCI-E based NVMe storage.

In the real-world, however, I don't think many users will feel like the Note is a slow device. Personally, even though I really like the 6s for its sheer speed, I use a lot of the extras that my Note has, so for me, I'll trade in a bit of speed for more features. Of course, YMMV.

godspeed87

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
If Apple would get rid of headphone jack(which is like 99% confirmed), I see a lot of people turning away from them. It's been an industry standard since 70's and you can't just force everyone to switch to YOUR standard. If they will implement USB-C, than, at least I could see some continuity with industry and future-proofing. I've got too many good headphones to just abandon them. And I don't want to carry any adaptors around.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If Apple would get rid of headphone jack(which is like 99% confirmed), I see a lot of people turning away from them. It's been an industry standard since 70's and you can't just force everyone to switch to YOUR standard.

Perhaps not everyone, but Apple has tremendous influence over people's choices, the media, and public opinion. They were among the first to denounce FLASH and not use it, and now just about everyone has moved away. They never used Micro USB or any other industry standard for charging. Few if any of their software products work outside of Apple devices, etc.

Apple can, as has, forced folks to switch to their standard. I think it is silly, and borderline ridiculous to remove the 3.5mm jack. But Apple can change many things through sheer force of will with their influence. I would be surprised (but happy) if other manufacturers didn't follow Apple with this ...

p.s. Add me to the list of Note 7 / iPad Pro users

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My daughters birthday was today... got her a pair of Beats Solo 2 wireless headsets. I run 12-20 miles a week and if I use headphones they're bluetooth. Prices going down too... $200 for the Beats is not bad. < $100 for sports ones for running. Wireless is the way to go. This is just the beginning so not immediate. But it's going the way of the cassette. :-\

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I use apple for work, but Android for personal. I would go nuts if I had to use Apple all the time. The new iPhone doesn't look like it's going to be all that impressive, but I think next year it sounds like there might be some innovation coming from Apple, we will see. Either way, I will never get myself locked into that ecosystem again

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I use apple for work, but Android for personal. I would go nuts if I had to use Apple all the time. The new iPhone doesn't look like it's going to be all that impressive, but I think next year it sounds like there might be some innovation coming from Apple, we will see. Either way, I will never get myself locked into that ecosystem again
From what I have heard through the rumor mill, Apple may come out with a very good smartphone next year. But, at this time I'm not really interested. I'm really into this N7.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I know.. I live vicariously though your phone and technology addiction hahaha
I have gotten better with it. I only had 4 phones this year which is amazing for me. I do honestly believe that the Note 7 will be my last smartphone in 2016 until it's time for me to upgrade this time next year.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten better with it. I only had 4 phones this year which is amazing for me. I do honestly believe that the Note 7 will be my last smartphone in 2016 until it's time for me to upgrade this time next year.
My Note 5 is my first and only phone I have used a year. I'm at a year and a week now and I am very itchy hahaha

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 is my first and only phone I have used a year. I'm at a year and a week now and I am very itchy hahaha
I had a short stint with the iPhone in between using my Note 5. It was definitely my go to smartphone for most of this year. The Note 7 has everything I wanted in a smartphone this year.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a short stint with the iPhone in between using my Note 5. It was definitely my go to smartphone for most of this year. The Note 7 has everything I wanted in a smartphone this year.
I'm still in disbelief you went back to Android. Last time I read your thread in the note 5 forum you had started using your iPhone again . Lol

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still in disbelief you went back to Android. Last time I read your thread in the note 5 forum you had started using your iPhone again . Lol
I did then I temporarily lost my mind and sold the iPhone and Note 5 and kept my Nexus 6 as my one device. That was a crazy time but I did go back to the Note 5 And now the 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC