08-30-2016 02:53 AM
45 12
tools
    Hey Everyone,
    What do yous think, What do you think will be better Note or iPhone, What features do you like about each, What os do you like better. Are you deciding which one to get.
    08-28-2016 03:07 AM
    Hey Everyone,
    What do yous think, What do you think will be better Note or iPhone, What features do you like about each, What os do you like better. Are you deciding which one to get.
    Well here at Android Central, the Note will be considered better. Now if you post this at iMore, then the iPhone will be considered better.
    08-28-2016 03:15 AM
    Well here at Android Central, the Note will be considered better. Now if you post this at iMore, then the iPhone will be considered better.
    Lol
    08-28-2016 03:22 AM
    I'm coming from iOS and iPhones to the Note 7. Previous android experience is the Note 3. Personally I'm bored by iOS. It's fantastic and smooth and works well but my heart has been won over by the Note 7. I won't get it until next week (when UK preorders ship) but I'm excited to be coming back to android. Both phones will have their strongpoints. It looks like the iPhone 7 will be focused on offering substantial camera upgrades for example. However, the broad scope of functionality, customisation and down right beauty of the Note 7 makes it an easy decision for me.
    08-28-2016 03:27 AM
    The 2016 iPhone isn't officially out yet. So we don't know how it's going to actually be like.

To me, the iPhone and the Samsung Galaxy devices are great phones, but they have different philosophies.

The iPhone is focused on delivering a fast, smooth experience while offering the basics, without anything too fancy or stuff that users may consider "gimmicky". You won't find super-extreme-ultra killer features on the iPhone (though NVMe storage on the 6s is considered pretty killer for me, along with 3D Touch, but YMMV), but it offers a pretty consistent experience. The Galaxy devices are focused on giving the user as much features as possible, such as multi-window, S Pen stuff on the Note, edge panels on the Edge devices (Note Edge, S6 edge/edge+, S7 edge, Note7), Samsung Pay and others. This means that the Galaxy devices can do much more than what an iPhone could right out of the box. However, you won't find iPhone or Nexus-beating performance here, but Samsung has cleaned up their software quite nicely in recent times, so while it's not iPhone-fast, it is still as fast as a lot of flagship devices released this year, and in the real-world, you'll probably not notice a difference. My Note has been a pretty fast performer, on par with other flagships released in 2016 in the real-world.

Naturally, this comes down to personal preference. Do you want a consistently fast and fluid experience and don't care about the extras while also caring about a really long software-update timelines? Go with the iPhone. If you want more features, see yourself using them, and find that they really improve the user experience, go with the Galaxy devices. Ecosystem also plays a role here.
    souffoue, ecfritts, Weils and 2 others like this.
    08-28-2016 04:03 AM
    Nobody can tell you. We don't have an iPhone 7 to compare to yet.
    08-28-2016 04:22 AM
    Whatever the case, the general consensus from the media including the news ones will be it is revelatory and super duper amazing. Most will probably draft their articles before even touching the device.
    08-28-2016 07:24 AM
    Samsung has done a great job with the size of the device this is want attracted me to the note. Even with a slim case on the note is much smaller than the 6S plus and it has a bigger screen.
    08-28-2016 07:32 AM
    I just switched over from the 6splus to the Note 7. Obviously your comparing apples to oranges here. I love the Apple ecosystem how everything integrates between the phone and my other iDevices. But I was bored with it, wanted something I could do more with. This is my first Note and honestly the first Samsung I have been happy with. I hated my S3/4/5 and even had a 7 Edge I took back. I think it was more the Touchwiz that got me. I don't see so much Touchwiz on this device. It works great, decent battery life and I am getting use to the android system,

One other thing I that my iPhone and going for it that this device does not, my log in for all of my banks was able to be done with a finger print. I nearly forgot all those passwords. I have to use them to use them in this device.
    08-28-2016 07:32 AM
    I used to love my iPhone and my iPad. But I can't do IOS anymore. It's no longer my cup of tea. I need my Android and my Samsung fix.
    08-28-2016 07:48 AM
    Uh oh.. Sounds like that relationship that was calling you back to iPhone is either good with your Samsung addiction or not a factor anymore.
    08-28-2016 07:50 AM
    Uh oh.. Sounds like that relationship that was calling you back to iPhone is either good with your Samsung addiction or not a factor anymore.
    It was true my iPad was a device I couldn't shake but my Note 5 was a work horse and gave me everything I needed. The big test came when I had to use my work iPad for a training. Normally using it for a day would cause me to miss it. But I didn't miss it. I just didn't want to use it anymore. I'm over iOS. Finally.
    08-28-2016 07:57 AM
    Well if you feel like you might fall off the wagon, don't try to handle it yourself. I'll be your sponsor, contact me and I'll find you some good news toys to keep you on the straight and narrow 😁
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-28-2016 07:59 AM
    According to the sales figures more and more people are switching over to Samsung "android" than are buying iPhones.
    Globaly. That doesn't mean Samsung "android" is better, but I think it's refreshing from what iPhone has been offering.

I was looking at my work phone (which is a IP6S) and the screen next to my N7 looks like fuzzy and dull.
    08-28-2016 08:10 AM
    I use an iPad and a Note.

I'd say that's a good working combo, especially since my Note has been shaping up to be quite the workhorse.
    BearlyFloats likes this.
    08-28-2016 08:18 AM

I'd say that's a good working combo, especially since my Note has been shaping up to be quite the workhorse.
    I use to use an iPad until I kept running out of space. I read a ton of comics and magazines on my tablet. So I went out and got a refurbished NotePro 12.2 for around $300 and OMG it's old but I love it so much. It's the perfect size for the type of reading I do and I has a memory card slot. I'm not even close to running out of space.

My daughter has my iPad now and pretty much uses it for youtube and surfing.
    08-28-2016 08:23 AM
    I use to use an iPad until I kept running out of space. I read a ton of comics and magazines on my tablet. So I went out and got a refurbished NotePro 12.2 for around $300 and OMG it's old but I love it so much. It's the perfect size for the type of reading I do and I has a memory card slot. I'm not even close to running out of space.

My daughter has my iPad now and pretty much uses it for youtube and surfing.
    Heh, expandable storage FTW. XD

My iPad has 128GB of internal storage, however. I kinda feel guilty because I haven't used half of it. XD
    08-28-2016 08:30 AM
    Wait a week and we'll likely find out what apple has in store.
    08-28-2016 08:38 AM

Luv my iPad Pro, but prefer Android phones for reasons folks using Android already understand.
    08-28-2016 08:45 AM
    Heh, expandable storage FTW. XD

My iPad has 128GB of internal storage, however. I kinda feel guilty because I haven't used half of it. XD
    Same here. I actually seem to be using my iPad less now that I'm firmly back in the Android world with my phone. I switched from an iPhone in June (Samsung Galaxy S7)...I had forgotten how much MORE I feel I can do on Android versus the iPhone. I'm thisclose to thinking I could even be happy watching movies on the Note 7 versus the iPad (the screen IS gorgeous on this note). I'm definitely only using the iPad for consumption at this point...entertainment. Once in a while I might fire it up for internet surfing but I've become very comfortable using the Note and Samsung browser for that, too. If ONLY there was a reliable, wired solution to stream movies from my Note to a television I think I could see me giving up my iPad entirely. With the memory card I'm supposed to get as a gift (but who knows when) I'd love to throw my movie collection on their and then when I want to see them on a bigger screen, stream them. It has to be a "wifi free" solution, though. Direct wifi works fair...but I noticed sound will drop out at times.

Anyway I digress...I'm definitely firmly back in the Android world but I do look forward to seeing what the iPhone will bring.
    BearlyFloats likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:47 AM
    Same here. I actually seem to be using my iPad less now that I'm firmly back in the Android world with my phone. I switched from an iPhone in June (Samsung Galaxy S7)...I had forgotten how much MORE I feel I can do on Android versus the iPhone. I'm thisclose to thinking I could even be happy watching movies on the Note 7 versus the iPad (the screen IS gorgeous on this note). I'm definitely only using the iPad for consumption at this point...entertainment. Once in a while I might fire it up for internet surfing but I've become very comfortable using the Note and Samsung browser for that, too. If ONLY there was a reliable, wired solution to stream movies from my Note to a television I think I could see me giving up my iPad entirely. With the memory card I'm supposed to get as a gift (but who knows when) I'd love to throw my movie collection on their and then when I want to see them on a bigger screen, stream them. It has to be a "wifi free" solution, though. Direct wifi works fair...but I noticed sound will drop out at times.

Anyway I digress...I'm definitely firmly back in the Android world but I do look forward to seeing what the iPhone will bring.
    Yep. I was regretting only getting a 16 GB iPad for the longest time, but now I'm down to watching Hulu and updating spreadsheets only on it. The spreadsheets go back into the cloud and back to my Surface Pro 4.

My phone does more than enough, but I still need the other two for various purposes.
    08-28-2016 10:13 AM
    Hard to compare a phone that isn't out yet
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-28-2016 10:17 AM
    I think Apple focus this year is ios and hardware, which does seem to be lagging, next year with iPhone 8.

I left iPhone 6S+ for the S7 (and S2 tab 9.7)

Note 7 and 7.0 N
    08-28-2016 10:29 AM
    If they go A9 to new A10 processor and with current iPhone 6 being as fast as current androids, I think it will be a safe guess the iPhone 7 will be smoother and faster than Note 7. Been playing with iOS 10 and it's been getting better with every new beta release.

Then Android will be able to compete with 2017 phones and new 830 in S8.

Other than that experienced between android and iOS is a personal preference
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    08-28-2016 10:39 AM
    If they go A9 to new A10 processor and with current iPhone 6 being as fast as current androids, I think it will be a safe guess the iPhone 7 will be smoother and faster than Note 7. Been playing with iOS 10 and it's been getting better with every new beta release.

Then Android will be able to compete with 2017 phones and new 830 in S8.

Other than that experienced between android and iOS is a personal preference
    I wouldn't be surprised. The 6s does seem to perform better than the Note7 in general, especially due to the leaner OS, better optimization, especially on a per-app basis and faster PCI-E based NVMe storage.

In the real-world, however, I don't think many users will feel like the Note is a slow device. Personally, even though I really like the 6s for its sheer speed, I use a lot of the extras that my Note has, so for me, I'll trade in a bit of speed for more features. Of course, YMMV.
    08-28-2016 11:19 AM
45 12