Wondering if I'm the only one and if it is just using the same graphics.

At first when I changed from Samsung Voice-to-text and set it to Google. The microphone left me waiting and nothing would happen. Now no matter that I set it to the Samsung one comes up or so I think. The graphics are the same at least with the S Voice icon and it doesn't say Google. If it is Google in the background (I doubt it), it would be impossible to tell really. Is anyone else able to voice type using google and get the Google graphics that actually say Google? I'm resetting my 6 day old phone now and if it doesn't work I'm getting Verizon to send me another phone.

I've also had lag and my recent apps button gives me a "no recent apps" message half the time even when I open it from an app. So, I'm not just going off of this but want to know if this is happening to others.
    08-28-2016 09:17 AM
    I just learned something new and it points toward it being an issue. Before I needed to send a message and agreed to Samsung to get some thing done before finding the setting. Now I have it set to Google's voice to text, but when I try it out I get the user agreement for Samsung when I tried to use voice to text and that to me say it's still trying to use Samsung and not Google.
    08-28-2016 09:21 AM
    There are others of us out here with this issue...Skatergirl comes to mind (sorry if I misspelled her name). We have found that when using the Samsung stock keyboard it defaults to Samsung voice to text and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it. If you do manage to turn off Samsung voice to text then tapping the microphone when in the messaging app, for example, does nothing. I think you already discovered that. So if you stick with the stock keyboard you are stuck with Samsung voice to text. Also, maybe this isn't across the board but there is also something wrong with Samsung's autocorrect algorithms. It isn't autocorrecting the way it should be. Tapping the space bar used to input the middle word but I'm seeing it consistently inputting my incorrectly typed word on the left...and my settings are correct. Something isn't right.

So unfortunately a good many of us have opted to download third party keyboards to get around these issues. I myself am happy with Swiftkey except I wish I could create my own "find/replace" personal dictionary. I haven't found a way to do that. Others are using the Google keyboard and seem happy with it. If having a separate number row is important to you then be warned Google doesn't have that option. But Google DOES have the personalized find/replace dictionary.
    08-28-2016 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the update. Anyone else had the recent apps issue that you've seen? I have not had time to research features and am only on here because my hand is forced at the moment, so any other insight would be very nice. Also, thanks for not being the normal forum PIA and saying to look it up yourself. I looked at the first 5 pages and still have a full days worth of work to get done.
    08-28-2016 09:58 AM
    For the "no recent apps" issue, everything I've read points to Google Now being the culprit (here and on Samsung boards)...the "ok google" part of it. So if you have set up OK Google voice detection, and used it, that's when the recent apps tend to disappear. Having said that, I would get the problem on my Galaxy 7 but knock on wood I have not had it happen not the Note yet. I saw it happen mostly when driving and using voice dictation to reply to a text or ask for navigation directions.

Are you seeing any consistency to the "when" it happens? Unfortunately it does require a reboot to fix. Fortunately this phone doesn't take too long to do a reboot. But also be warned, if you have a custom ringtone set up you may lose that setting on reboot (this is a problem I'm personally having and I've seen some other threads/posts indicating I'm not alone and it does not appear to be carrier specific as I'm on Verizon and there's a post specifically from an AT&T user as well).

I'm glad to try to help...I sometimes "digress" far too often but some of the things I've learned in the last couple of months have been tidbits gleaned from other posts that someone else digressed on...in other words the conversation evolved and a tip I didn't even know about was learned that may have had nothing to do with the original subject.
    08-28-2016 10:11 AM
    No, consistency at all with the recent apps. I don't know when it started in relation to google voice command, but it will work when I have been using it some times and not work when I haven't used it in a while. I have not lost my ringtone that I've noticed, so maybe some more fun the look forward to enjoying. LOL

As it is a brand new $800+ phone I had them send me a new one just because it should work, but don't expect to be problem free when I get it. I may still return it and get a Motorola if there isn't any talk of updates coming as this is the first Note I've had with issue that were major problems to me. Thanks again.
    08-30-2016 09:23 AM