Anybody know if adblock plus prevents these annoying popups? I get them about once every week or two and they always make me feel sick.... like my phone is invaded and I cannot get rid of it. Clearing cache doesn't keep them from recurring. I visit no risky sites. N O N E. Never have. You cannot shut off Javascript in Sammy browser in Note 7. I had hoped to be rid of them on new phone.
    EgretOwl likes this.
    08-28-2016 11:34 AM
    I had one of those pop up when I clicked a link in Plume to read a Technobuffalo article. I wish I could change Plume so it uses the Samsung browser that I have Ad block on but it seems to default to Chrome only with no way to change it. Maybe if I disable Chrome it will default to Samsung? But yes I agree it sucks.
    08-28-2016 11:44 AM
    I had one of those pop up when I clicked a link in Plume to read a Technobuffalo article. I wish I could change Plume so it uses the Samsung browser that I have Ad block on but it seems to default to Chrome only with no way to change it. Maybe if I disable Chrome it will default to Samsung? But yes I agree it sucks.
    But if I make Sammy browser default browser and use this extension has anybody verified it actually WILL prevent this crap? I've also shut off Javascript in the past on Firefox but Sammy browser doesn't have that option and I would prefer Javascript available anyway.

I seem to get them most when using ANY link from Twitter. Has happened to me going to CNN and Boston Globe. Not known as risky sites imo
    08-28-2016 11:48 AM
    Someone here recommended Crystal
    http://crystalapp.co/

Your router's firewall to filter and block domains, keywords but hard to control as it is server side adware using sql.
    08-28-2016 11:55 AM
    that won't help when using vzw data right?
    So adblock plus for samsung browser doesn't work?
    08-28-2016 11:58 AM
    that won't help when using vzw data right?
    So adblock plus for samsung browser doesn't work?
    I just changed default browser to Samsung (with Ad Block) and tried scrolling through Plume looking for a bunch of Technobuffalo tweets (what caused my pop up in Chrome previously). I clicked a number of them to open in the Samsung browser and didn't get any pop ups....yet.

Will post back here if it happens though.
    recDNA and debdroid1a like this.
    08-28-2016 12:04 PM
    I just changed default browser to Samsung (with Ad Block) and tried scrolling through Plume looking for a bunch of Technobuffalo tweets (what caused my pop up in Chrome previously). I clicked a number of them to open in the Samsung browser and didn't get any pop ups....yet.

Will post back here if it happens though.
    I find mine utterly unpredictable. As I said got one from CNN! Also if using VZW data it starts with Verizon User. If on WiFi it starts with Comcast User. How the hell do they know the source of my data?
    08-28-2016 12:47 PM
    I am on T-Mobile and I keep getting this pop-up from Facebook that reads select your prize ,a free iphone...and you notice at the bottom of the page, you see the prize winners!..I keep swipping this annoying pop-up but keep returning!
    08-28-2016 01:32 PM
    I've heard that before. I don't even have Facebook but mine may be from Twitter. Twitter links to anything seem to cause it occasionally
    08-28-2016 01:34 PM
    This is just my personal experience, but I installed the Crystal extension from the Galaxy App Store and activated it before I use the browser. I also activated block pop-ups in Sammy's browser settings before using it. I've yet to get a popup at all. If I were you I'd clear the data and cache in Samsung's browser. Install an adblocker of your choice, make sure you've got block popups turned on in the browsers setting, and start from scratch. Hope that helps.
    08-28-2016 01:47 PM
    There is an extension just for FB. Super cookies is one of the things I think that Crystal can block (adv setting), and adware caught on to some ad-block extensions.

Web page can take IP address, etc and know a lot about your location, carrier, browser/OS and target you.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:55 PM
    There is an extension just for FB. Super cookies is one of the things I think that Crystal can block (adv setting), and adware caught on to some ad-block extensions.

Web page can take IP address, etc and know a lot about your location, carrier, browser/OS and target you.
    OK, I guess I would have to uninstall adblock plus before installing Crystal? (I'm assuming yes)
    OK, so uninstalled ad blocker plus. Installed and activated Crystal. Activated block malware domains in Crystal. I had already cleared everything in browser in applications. Data, history, cache all cleared. Fingers crossed. Should be good to go.
    08-28-2016 01:57 PM
    A part of me suspects DT Ignite is responsible.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:26 PM
    A part of me suspects DT Ignite is responsible.
    Nah. I had these on Note 3 too.
    08-30-2016 10:52 AM
    I kinda feel left out here. I never see this kind of ad crap. Now I do see the click bait on fb. My samsung browser works fine and never shows ads. Now I have turned off every ad switch and also Verizon has an opt out ad thing that may be why. Did it a few yrs ago with Verizon.
    08-30-2016 10:55 AM
    used any ad block ?
    09-02-2016 06:49 AM