08-30-2016 04:45 PM
91 1234
tools
    I am always surprised that some note uses, never use this Amazing too!.
    I can't live without it!.
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:49 AM
    I am using it at daily basis since I bought Note 3. Most of the time for a quick notes, drawing a schematics/architecture (like quick overview) and also at meetings at work. It's fast and for me kind of natural in compare to use virtual keyboard. It's also quiet good as a mouse at the system if I need to do (or just want to do) something more precisely.

When you go the way of Galaxy Note series you are getting to stick with it if you fall in love with S-Pen. There is no concurrence in this segment just LG Stylus 2 and honestly it sucks - this is overally bad situation for us customers, just imagine if there are devices like Sony Xperia Z5 Premium with Wacom stylus, LG V10, HTC 10 or even Apple iPhone with stylus [and of course with the stylus inside of the body].
    08-29-2016 10:08 AM
    This is my first Note so I'm still getting used to the S-Pen. Gradually I'm using it more and more.
    That's how it goes. If you are looking for ways to use it, you will find them and then wonder how you managed without it.

Whenever I'm using a phone that's not a Note, I miss the S-Pen.
    toneofark and Inevitable Flux like this.
    08-29-2016 10:34 AM
    How do you think I wrote this post?
    08-29-2016 10:53 AM
    08-29-2016 11:10 AM
    I use it on a daily basis.

Not really to write notes, but to capture specific parts of my screen using Smart Select, making GIFs using the same feature, and also using it as a precise input method, especially for photo-editing with a brush tool. Seriously, I never realized how useful that is until I tried it.

And also to make funny birthday cards for my friends. I also write comments (quite literally) with the S Pen at times.

The Note7 is the first Note I've used as a daily driver, but I have also used my aunt's Note5 and my sister's old Note 3 before, so I do know some S Pen stuff. Though I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Action Memo.
    cwbcpa, msm0511 and SteelGator like this.
    08-29-2016 11:21 AM
    I came from Blackberry a few years ago; my last BB was the Q10, and had many before that. I stayed longer than I wanted because I HATE typing and most navigation with a touch screen. I had already owned the Note 10.1 and loved the pen on that. I initially bought my Note 3 in 2013 and used the pen any and everywhere you would use your finger - type, scroll, select/copy/past, etc. Loved it so much I bought the subsequent Notes 4, 5 and 7, and the Note Pro 12.2. Over time and devices I learned so much more that the S-Pen could do. Action Memo, S Note (the full version, not what's in the Galaxy Apps store) and can't see ever using just a touch screen phone.

This is why I am completely frustrated with Samsung removing S Note. I am constantly going to use a function that is no longer there. Hoping (praying) that the replies Samsung is posting to its hundreds of unhappy customers on the Samsung Notes reviews in the play store are actually going to happen. If you are a new Note user, once all of its features are restored, I encourage you to watch some of the older Note videos on youtube showing its many, many features/functions.
    08-29-2016 12:19 PM
    I use it mainly for Smart Select screenshots, I don't like taking a screenshot of the whole screen so I do smart select which I loved on my Note 5. I also use scroll capture quite often....I have yet to use animated gifs but I do plan on using it
    08-29-2016 12:25 PM
    I don't use it all the time but it does come in handy
    08-29-2016 12:57 PM
    When they bring back action memo, you might use it more even.

I use action memo on my Note 5 a lot. I write down an appointment while on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts that appointment in my calendar. I write down an address on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts it in maps and is ready to navigate.

You can do several actions. For those not familiar, I'll post a screenshot. I opened up the actions, you can choose the tasks and it will pick up from your handwriting and do these actions. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...71db0411b3.jpg
    That seems really cool. I just hope I remember about it when Samsung adds it back!
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:13 PM
    I use it on a daily basis.

Not really to write notes, but to capture specific parts of my screen using Smart Select, making GIFs using the same feature, and also using it as a precise input method, especially for photo-editing with a brush tool. Seriously, I never realized how useful that is until I tried it.

And also to make funny birthday cards for my friends. I also write comments (quite literally) with the S Pen at times.

The Note7 is the first Note I've used as a daily driver, but I have also used my aunt's Note5 and my sister's old Note 3 before, so I do know some S Pen stuff. Though I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Action Memo.
    I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?
    08-29-2016 03:15 PM
    Use all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-29-2016 03:21 PM
    This is my third Note, so I've grown accustomed to using it daily.
    • Note taking/Action Memo
    • Crop Screen
    • Navigation
    • Glance - I've found I've used this feature more than I thought!
    08-29-2016 03:22 PM
    I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?
    That is correct!
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:25 PM
    On the Note 2 the Samsung keyboard had great handwriting recognition, best I've ever seen. It would convert handwriting to text. It would pull up a writing pad where the keyboard is. I used to write a lot of text if I was sitting in a meeting and didn't want to look like I was texting or posting on Android Central.
    Lol. Same here!

Posted via my awesome N4
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:28 PM
    As soon as action memo gets put back on ill use it even more! Im keeping notes on yhe aod, but its not as good
    I couldn't (can't) wait for Samsung to integrate action memo in Samsung Notes, so I ended up downloading the previous version from the XDA Dev site
    If it weren't for the helpful folks of Android Central even mentioning it was available some days ago, I would be enjoying the spen a lot less!
    sandra_17 likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:32 PM
    The s-pen is the reason I made the switch to Samsung and i have loved using it right from my Note 8 Tablet.
    I use it for taking notes at meetings, jotting down things on the go, screen write on photos, smart select, previewing mails and so much more. Simply put, I note!

Posted via my awesome N4
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:34 PM
    I am always surprised that some note uses, never use this Amazing too!.
    I can't live without it!.
    I know right? Like what's the point of buying a note if you don't use the s-pen. Might as well go with the S series.

Posted via my awesome N4
    Connert likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:37 PM
    I'm trying to force myself into using it, but it's just not that helpful. It's honestly much quicker for me to type out a note or list than try write it out. This is my first Note, so I was excited to give it a go. But it honestly feels more like a gimmick than actually useful feature.
    08-29-2016 03:43 PM
    I hardly use it, cropping a photo and what not. Some might think it's a waste and I should just go with the S7 but I had an S5, wanted a bigger screen so I went to the Note 4. The note line has always worked for me and I like the size so I got the 5 and now the 7, I've just had a good experience with the Note like so if it ain't broke..
    08-29-2016 03:50 PM
    I hardly use it, cropping a photo and what not. Some might think it's a waste and I should just go with the S7 but I had an S5, wanted a bigger screen so I went to the Note 4. The note line has always worked for me and I like the size so I got the 5 and now the 7, I've just had a good experience with the Note like so if it ain't broke..
    Use what works for you and however it works for you. Sounds like it's the Note. The Note line has been very good even not considering the S-Pen, but it's always there if you do decide to use it. Options are always good.
    08-29-2016 03:59 PM
    Funny. I use it about 50% of the time. When I do have it out I actually keep it out and scroll around the screen with it.
    08-29-2016 04:05 PM
    I know right? Like what's the point of buying a note if you don't use the s-pen. Might as well go with the S series.

Posted via my awesome N4
    I went with the Note over the S7 Edge because I preferred the tighter curves on the Note. I've also always disliked the way the notification shade, settings, etc were on older Sammy phones. For me it was the overall package. Slightly bigger screen, better design aesthetically, more ergonomic, tighter curves, and better UI. The SPen was just a bonus for me. I'm trying to make myself use it so it becomes 2nd nature. It's taking a while as it's my first phone with a built in stylus in 10 years of owning smartphones.

I'm really enjoying reading how people use their SPens. It's giving me good ideas of how to make to most of it!
    08-29-2016 04:06 PM
    Usually it doesn't seem worth the time to get it out and put it away when I can do most of the stuff with my finger.
    08-29-2016 04:07 PM
    That seems really cool. I just hope I remember about it when Samsung adds it back!
    Oh this is the best feature they ever came out with, the second the lockscreen memo.

This is really good for me because we have zero landlines in the house so if I'm on the phone, it is on my cell. So why write it on paper and then type it in my map, contacts, email address, calendar etc?

Write it and tap!
    sandra_17 likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:00 PM
91 1234