08-30-2016 04:45 PM
91 ... 234
tools
    I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?
    The smart select is great. You can get the part you want and share it and don't save it to your gallery if you don't want to keep it. That keeps me from building up unnecessary screenshots.
    samndiaye899 likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:01 PM
    I'm trying to force myself into using it, but it's just not that helpful. It's honestly much quicker for me to type out a note or list than try write it out. This is my first Note, so I was excited to give it a go. But it honestly feels more like a gimmick than actually useful feature.
    No it is not a gimmick at all. It took me several Notes to get addicted totally to the spen.
    samndiaye899 likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:03 PM
    I buy the notes for the spen. Customers would call. I'd write notes on the backs of envelopes or any scrap of paper I could quickly grab. Then I'd lose them. Not good. For years I was trying all kinds of digital note solutions to save me from myself. Then the note came out. Bought one. Haven't looked back. I keep buying the newest for any little improvement in note taking functionality. With the 7 I actually spent the first weekend learning how to use it. It does all kinds of things I didn't know about. Like ink to text. Even with my handwriting it's nearly perfect. I'm enjoying this one more than the older versions.
    MsBlingberry likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:25 PM
    Been using the S Pen regularly since my Note 2 so I definitely like it a lot. I do take a lot of notes though.
    08-29-2016 06:21 PM
    I use my S-Pen for school when the teacher announces hw. Also when an app does not let me copy something the S-Pen slows you to copy and paate. Another thing i use it for is taking long screen shots of articles of something.
    08-29-2016 06:22 PM
    Love the s pen. If im browsing a webpage or doing anything other then texting or calling someone I'm using it
    08-29-2016 06:58 PM
    I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?
    Yep. That's how I do it.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-29-2016 07:08 PM
    Honestly I only use it a few days after upgrading and then rarely gets used unless someone wants to see it.
    08-29-2016 07:35 PM
    It's prolly the main reason I stick with the Note line.
    08-30-2016 06:54 AM
    I'm trying to force myself into using it, but it's just not that helpful. It's honestly much quicker for me to type out a note or list than try write it out. This is my first Note, so I was excited to give it a go. But it honestly feels more like a gimmick than actually useful feature.
    I'm surprised. I find it faster to write in my handwriting than type and it's useful for other features as well. To each one his own I suppose.

Posted via my awesome N4
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:33 AM
    I use S Pen on a daily basis on my Note 4. Mainly the Smart Select & Screen Write feature; and of course using the S Pen as a mouse, this is very helpful
    It's also extremely fun & nostalgic (because we hardly 'write' anything on a paper nowadays) to "write" a message with S Pen, than "type" a message.
    08-30-2016 09:40 AM
    I use S Pen on a daily basis on my Note 4. Mainly the Smart Select & Screen Write feature; and of course using the S Pen as a mouse, this is very helpful
    It's also extremely fun & nostalgic (because we hardly 'write' anything on a paper nowadays) to "write" a message with S Pen, than "type" a message.
    If I'm talking on the phone and taking a Note, it is easier to write the Note than to type it, so I write it with my spen.
    mru007 likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:53 AM
    I'm using the S pen a lot more than I had thought i would

Just about daily when I have my " me " time !
    08-30-2016 09:55 AM
    I'm using it but I'm a little frustrated because I find using it to be "kludgy". I feel like I have to start using it knowing whether I want Samsung Notes or S Notes. Sometimes I might write something and realize it would be nice to create an action, but I've already written it in Samsung Notes. Sometimes I've written something in S Notes and think I'd rather have it in Samsung Notes for converting to text, selection, etc. Am I W-A-Y oversimplifying by asking/saying...why can't they just add an "export to S Notes" or "export to action" functionality in the menu with the other stuff they have in Samsung Notes? Export to action would be ideal...because my original note would still be in Samsung Notes. Right now some of my stuff lives in S Notes, some in Samsung Notes. I felt like an ***** the other day trying to frantically jot down measurements my carpet guy was spouting out to me, only to finish and then inadvertently close them out, and THEN bumble around trying to figure out WHERE they went. And of course the moment of panic when I thought I had lost them entirely.

I WANT to use it more. Ideally I would like to see a calendar action item (for appointments) and the ability to CHOOSE if I want to use "tasks" or "reminders". I'm firmly in the reminders world at this point...as far as I can tell adding a task doesn't do anything.
    08-30-2016 10:15 AM
    I have used the s-pen a lot of all my notes (2,5,7). Easier to got something down with the pen than it is to type it out or try to keep track of post-its.
    08-30-2016 02:18 PM
    I am usually in the same boat, but now that the s pen comes with some basic and useful features I am using it a lot more. Glance is really awesome for when I need to type in stuff but cant remember how to spell something lol. Ive also been using the smart selection to make GIFs since I watch a lot of youtube and always find stuff to send my friends.
    08-30-2016 04:45 PM
91 ... 234