How many are using the s pen?

DavidDoyle

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I use the pen constantly It replaces my Field Notes as I pop the pen out to take a quick note. I use it in OneNote to capture handwriting which then shows up on my desktop. I use it as a mouse. It's such a handy little critter.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it occasionally, when I remember. It's fun when I want to jot down something and then remember, wow, wait, I have the S-pen. I've read they're bringing back the action menu. I hope they do. I loved the feature where you could write down a number with the S-Pen, then create a contact with it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I got the Note 7 for my youngest sister and she uses the S-pen all the time. She loves to draw so that was one of the main reasons why she wanted a Note phone. It's definitely an upgrade coming from an iPhone 5S. She has been playing with it since she came back from vacation on Saturday (phone delivered on the 18th so I got to play with it beforehand :p ) and so far she is loving all the features, including the S-pen.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This is my favourite feature and probably what i will mainly use with my s-pen too. Otherwise than this, I dun really see myself using the s-pen to write any essay on my phone

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When they bring back action memo, you might use it more even.

I use action memo on my Note 5 a lot. I write down an appointment while on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts that appointment in my calendar. I write down an address on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts it in maps and is ready to navigate.

You can do several actions. For those not familiar, I'll post a screenshot. I opened up the actions, you can choose the tasks and it will pick up from your handwriting and do these actions.
fa4aa6f7704feaf8d351f871db0411b3.jpg

Sattero

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I am using it at daily basis since I bought Note 3. Most of the time for a quick notes, drawing a schematics/architecture (like quick overview) and also at meetings at work. It's fast and for me kind of natural in compare to use virtual keyboard. It's also quiet good as a mouse at the system if I need to do (or just want to do) something more precisely.

When you go the way of Galaxy Note series you are getting to stick with it if you fall in love with S-Pen. There is no concurrence in this segment just LG Stylus 2 and honestly it sucks - this is overally bad situation for us customers, just imagine if there are devices like Sony Xperia Z5 Premium with Wacom stylus, LG V10, HTC 10 or even Apple iPhone with stylus [and of course with the stylus inside of the body].

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Note so I'm still getting used to the S-Pen. Gradually I'm using it more and more.
That's how it goes. If you are looking for ways to use it, you will find them and then wonder how you managed without it.

Whenever I'm using a phone that's not a Note, I miss the S-Pen.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I use it on a daily basis.

Not really to write notes, but to capture specific parts of my screen using Smart Select, making GIFs using the same feature, and also using it as a precise input method, especially for photo-editing with a brush tool. Seriously, I never realized how useful that is until I tried it.

And also to make funny birthday cards for my friends. I also write comments (quite literally) with the S Pen at times.

The Note7 is the first Note I've used as a daily driver, but I have also used my aunt's Note5 and my sister's old Note 3 before, so I do know some S Pen stuff. Though I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Action Memo.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I came from Blackberry a few years ago; my last BB was the Q10, and had many before that. I stayed longer than I wanted because I HATE typing and most navigation with a touch screen. I had already owned the Note 10.1 and loved the pen on that. I initially bought my Note 3 in 2013 and used the pen any and everywhere you would use your finger - type, scroll, select/copy/past, etc. Loved it so much I bought the subsequent Notes 4, 5 and 7, and the Note Pro 12.2. Over time and devices I learned so much more that the S-Pen could do. Action Memo, S Note (the full version, not what's in the Galaxy Apps store) and can't see ever using just a touch screen phone.

This is why I am completely frustrated with Samsung removing S Note. I am constantly going to use a function that is no longer there. Hoping (praying) that the replies Samsung is posting to its hundreds of unhappy customers on the Samsung Notes reviews in the play store are actually going to happen. If you are a new Note user, once all of its features are restored, I encourage you to watch some of the older Note videos on youtube showing its many, many features/functions.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use it mainly for Smart Select screenshots, I don't like taking a screenshot of the whole screen so I do smart select which I loved on my Note 5. I also use scroll capture quite often....I have yet to use animated gifs but I do plan on using it

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
When they bring back action memo, you might use it more even.

I use action memo on my Note 5 a lot. I write down an appointment while on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts that appointment in my calendar. I write down an address on the phone, a couple of taps and it puts it in maps and is ready to navigate.

You can do several actions. For those not familiar, I'll post a screenshot. I opened up the actions, you can choose the tasks and it will pick up from your handwriting and do these actions. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160829/fa4aa6f7704feaf8d351f871db0411b3.jpg

That seems really cool. I just hope I remember about it when Samsung adds it back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781