samsung pay

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I quit using android pay a while back because the results were inconsistent and i don't like holding up a line so I can try a gadget.

So now i have Samsung pay. Supposed to work with any terminal. Sweet. I set it up, go to my local convenient store and... card read error.

I swear, when is this going to get sorted out... I love this phone. Was really looking forward to using my phone most of the time to pay. What a shame. If it doesn't work consistently, I'm just not going to use it.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I see that once in a while but overall it works great. I find you need to touch the device at the top part of the credit card "slider." I also found removing the case helps a lot (a real PITA) in places where it is flaky.

I agree though, until and unless EVERY STORE accepts it it's nothing but a novelty because if you still have to take out your plastic card at various places it defeats the purpose other than for the "cool factor."

My favorite one is whenever I go to Wegman's supermarket it works fine but the entire credit card display switches to Spanish so I need a translator! :D

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Samsung pay works at most but not all terminals. I have run into only a few places where it did not work. Where it does work it does so quickly and still amazes some ckerks.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a sucker for technology. If I haven't given up on it by now and i've been using n f c payments since the samsung galaxy nexus, i'm sure I'll keep standing there like an ***** trying to make payments with the phone.

It's funny, the only place that I know 100% for sure that my payment will never be denied is McDonald's, and that's the place that I like to eat the least

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm a sucker for technology. If I haven't given up on it by now and i've been using n f c payments since the samsung galaxy nexus, i'm sure I'll keep standing there like an ***** trying to make payments with the phone.

It's funny, the only place that I know 100% for sure that my payment will never be denied is McDonald's, and that's the place that I like to eat the least

I have not had any problems at all. It works everywhere for me.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I used it today at Red Robin (at the kiosk on the table) then went to Barnes & Noble...I took out my phone, the kid behind the counter said "Oh, no we don't take Apple pay"...I said, yeah - it's not Apple pay. It went through and he said "Oh, cool!" My kids really think its neat.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had that card error message come up and interestingly it still worked. I think at either Best Buy or Target.

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I wish the Home Depot would be involved more to accept newer and more secure technology as SamPay is. There is always tricks and it worked 2x out of like 20...

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The other benefit is the virtual card number. Your actual cc number is not being transmitted since a virtual number is created. This adds an additional layer of security in the event of a breach or hack.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish the Home Depot would be involved more to accept newer and more secure technology as SamPay is. There is always tricks and it worked 2x out of like 20...

I use PayPal at home depot. Super easy, no wallet or phone required. And you can have the items in your cart online and have them waiting for you at the front desk.

Off topic I know, but awesome none the less.

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the cashier has some input they need to do i.e. if it is credit or debit or to aknowledge they saw your id. I have found myself telling the cashier as i am pulling out my phone that i am using a debit card and almost everytime it works. I have had a 98% sucess rate. Home depot is the only place i have trouble, it did work fine but recently they did something that broke it. You can't even use pay pal even though it is on the pay terminal

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any problems. I've used it at Subway, Wal-mart, Best Buy, Albertsons, Lowes, 99 cent store, and Michael's just to name a few.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pay worked for me at best buy and Walgreens. Not much luck at whole foods. Their system kept denying the payment.

That's weird because Whole Foods uses NFC as they also accept Apple Pay. There's usually never an issue through NFC payment machines, only the ones that aren't NFC and you need to use MST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12