My z30 has been a great phone for over 2+ years...i am itching for a new phone.. i have been going to school here online truing to decide to move to android or iphone..but .I have my eyes set on the note 7. After asking many friends where i should move to,i guess this is a stupid question, as iphone users say iphone and android users say android. Will android be an easy transition from BB10? Will it be too complicated? I know i will only know if i actually make the switch. So is there ,,i know there is,,some x BB10 users who made the switch..how has it been for you?
    Serkle K and Morty2264 like this.
    08-28-2016 09:00 PM
    I have had every flagship released since 2004 from Blackberry. When Z10 came I switched, later to Z30, then Passport, then Priv. What i found was the transition to Android was somewhat uncomfortable due to the BlackBerry abaptations carried into rhe new phone. It was the same feom BBOS to BB10. For a while the hub, bbm, calendar etc were all the same but somewhat less functional. Eventuality BlackBerry was able to do some fantastic updating, consistanly keeping up with improvement and also security updates. The real stumbling block for me was the Priv physical keyboard. I just could not 'get it'. Ultimately I switched to Note 7 on release day...a lot due to an untimely coffee spill into a compartment holding the Priv. While I did get it dried out and working a couple days later I have lost phones to liquid damage 3 times. Sometimes 2 months later they go sketchy. I took the opportunity to buy the Note. Painful at $1050. in Canada, but it is spillproof.

In the end the transition to Android was a struggle for me. I lost some expensive programs, some structure of data, some actual data etc. In the end I love technology and am willing to be an early adopter. Every phone in the last 12 years has been within a week of release in Canada and thats generally months ahead of some places.

When you switch, make certain your date files are backed up. I use cloud. Once I encripted everything on sd card and promptly did factory reset on phone...make a couple copies. Backup your passwords. Make a list of all the auto log ins you have stored so you can make the switch. Sometimes people don't change passwords for months and don't even remember what they are for email, facebook accounts etc. Avoid the stress...plan on spending serious time on the forums' the help is available if you ask ans say polite..

Take your time, I am amazed by the Note 7, am totally into Android in that i have repurchased several programs i use and have worked to clean up thungs like contacts. I have several email accounts for 3 different businesses and nobody handles that flow like BlackBerry, sometimes I still want to go back to the Passport.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:34 PM
    The other comment is apparently i can no longer spell with Android...
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:37 PM
    The other comment is apparently i can no longer spell with Android...
    I smell someone using the stock Samsung keyboard.
    Media Warrior likes this.
    08-28-2016 10:06 PM
    Download blackberry manager. I came from the priv and loved the blackberry apps. With blackberry manager you are able to use all the blackberry apps. It's great
    08-28-2016 10:08 PM
    I was devoted BB user for many years and had almost every model. Loved BB and never thought I would betray it. However, after enjoying Z30 for almost 2 years I got a new gadget itch and there was nothing in BB line worth upgrading to from Z30. I didn't like an idea of trying out the Priv and going through the teething pains until the new BB/Android platform is bug free. Instead, a year ago I got a best Android on the market - Note 5. It was excellent and totally reliable. A week ago I gave Note 5 to my wife to replace her ageing S5 and got myself a shiny new black Note 7. So far, no complains, works very well. Love it. Sorry, Blackberry, you should have stayed with BB10 and keep improving it rather than abandoning it. Your loss.
    08-30-2016 02:34 AM
    I just got my Note 7 this past weekend. I went from the original Bold 9000, to the 9800, 9810, Z10, to Passport. To now, the Note7.

I'll be honest, it's a really amazing piece of hardware, even with the questionable choice in glass on the front/back. Screen, speed, in hand feel, and S Pen are really a huge step above the current hardware offerings from BlackBerry.

However, I am finding it very difficult just to get setup, from the groupnd up, for my day-to-day work usage. With managing multiple email accounts, a couple work/business accounts and a couple personal accounts, seeming very cluttered and cumbersome (even while having installed HUB+) to the lack of simple settings like setting custom ringtones/notifications and LED alerts without having to install 3rd party apps to manage those actions. I still find myself swiping up on the keyboard, thinking I can flick my way through composing messages, and swiping left to check incoming messages, all to feel disappointed because nothing I'm looking for is there.

I said to a co-worker yesterday, while I appreciate the open ability to customize with android, some things I want to really customize aren't for looks, but for ease of use and work flow, and while this is my first trip around with android, it doesn't seem like it's very productivity friendly. My coworker strongly agreed, as he carries around a Note 2 for keeping memos and tasks, and a Nexus6 for the rest of his communications, again both for work and his own business. His biggest reason at this point though, is because of Google Fi.

I'm am definitely going to hold off on my final decision until my return date, on if I should wait it out much longer and go back to my Passport, but I still carry it with me since I don't have all of my accounts and contacts on my Note, since there doesn't seem to be any sure reliable way oto transfer everything over.

With all that said, there is definitely a giant learning curve in order to even do the simplest things, largely because of the fact that it's two completely different platforms. Definitely take the time to read through the forums. Search for things that you think or know matter to you and how you use your mobile device and see if it's possible or how to make it possible for you. I've been jumping back and forth between here and crackberry's android section to try to get to a closer compromise of the two worlds.
    08-30-2016 05:52 AM
    Download blackberry manager. I came from the priv and loved the blackberry apps. With blackberry manager you are able to use all the blackberry apps. It's great
    Is it blackberry manage or hub+? I'll have to look into the manager app. Is the virtual keyboard there? I have missed the BlackBerry VKB since my Z10 died on me. The passport keyboard was really nice, but the predictive text on the VKB really made composing messages super fast and simple.
    08-30-2016 05:59 AM
    Coming from the Priv the galaxy 7 devices are light years ahead of any device you won't be disappointed. I run blackberry hub on mine and it works great!
    08-30-2016 06:33 AM
    What about the BlackBerry keyboard
    09-11-2016 12:41 PM
    What about the BlackBerry keyboard
    You can side load it onto the Note 7. I had it before I returned mine. Only think I couldn't figure out was how to use Emoji. I had to switch back to the stock keyboard for those.
    09-11-2016 12:48 PM
    Sorry how do u side load the BlackBerry keyboard
    09-11-2016 12:54 PM
    There should be info in this thread...

Working BlackBerry Priv apps for any Android device [no root required] - Page 134 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    09-11-2016 01:11 PM
    Also rocking the bb10 keyboard on the note 7. I'm good to go now that I have that.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-11-2016 01:16 PM
    Blackberry manager. It's there
    09-11-2016 06:05 PM
    Hello! I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I was a BB10 user who switched to Android. I didn't go to the Note 7, but I went to the Nexus 5, which is stock Android. I had been a pure BlackBerry user at the time, and had no Google experience; but the transition was smooth. It took me maybe a week or more to get everything figured out - a few days to get the OS, and then a few more to get used to the phone, holding it, etc.

I know the Z30 is bigger than my Q10, but I would say one of the things you would need to watch for is the size of the phone you're going to transition to (I know, that's bad grammar, but it's late and I'm sick so those are my excuses :P). I'm sure you'll adjust to the software quite easily, so I'd say adjusting to the size of the phone would be something.

Also, be sure to write down the apps you use on a frequent or daily basis and then search through Google Play for them. If you can't find the exact same app, I'm sure you'll find a close second!

The one thing I still miss about my Q10 - other than the touchscreen-keyboard combo and the keyboard in particular - is the unified inbox, the Hub. But Android has launchers and different themes to try - and I *think* there is a Hub-like app out there?! - so customizing your new Android phone to make it yours will be super fun for you!

Welcome to Android!
    09-11-2016 08:18 PM
    I left the BlackBerry priv, and picked up the Note 7 ,and now I'm part of this recall . What friggin luck lol geez
    09-12-2016 05:39 AM
    I left the BlackBerry priv, and picked up the Note 7 ,and now I'm part of this recall . What friggin luck lol geez
    I left my Z30, and many years of BlackBerry, for this...lol.
    09-12-2016 11:27 AM
    Same here. Long time BB user. Sure there is a learning curve, but the N7 is a super nice phone. I'm using the BB Hub, Calendar and Keyboard. One thing that helped me cope with not having swipe gestures was using Action Launcher. You can set it to perform certain functions by swiping or tapping the home screen. Now, whenever I swipe up from the home screen, I get the BB Hub. The multitasking on Android isn't nearly as good as BB10 in my opinion, but you can't have everything. Hope this helps.
    Morty2264 and Serkle K like this.
    09-12-2016 02:05 PM
    Same here. Long time BB user. Sure there is a learning curve, but the N7 is a super nice phone. I'm using the BB Hub, Calendar and Keyboard. One thing that helped me cope with not having swipe gestures was using Action Launcher. You can set it to perform certain functions by swiping or tapping the home screen. Now, whenever I swipe up from the home screen, I get the BB Hub. The multitasking on Android isn't nearly as good as BB10 in my opinion, but you can't have everything. Hope this helps.
    Sounds like an awesome setup you got there! Good for you!
    09-12-2016 09:08 PM