Advanced Messaging on Note 7 Question

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that with the Advanced Messaging on my Note 7 only on some of my contacts i get read receipts and see when someone is replying and those of my contacts are on iPhones. Is there a reason why it doesnt show for all my contacts??

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that with the Advanced Messaging on my Note 7 only on some of my contacts i get read receipts and see when someone is replying and those of my contacts are on iPhones. Is there a reason why it doesnt show for all my contacts??

It depends on the device and carrier they are on. If the device they have or carrier doesn't support it then you won't what they're doing. Also, they could have read receipts turned off too even if they have compatible device and network. So in short it can be a couple things affecting this: carrier, device, app settings. If it works for some of your contacts chances are the others have something going on in one of those 3 areas.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As you can see I can turn off the 2 settings and won't send read receipts nor let people know I'm typing. So some of your contacts could have their app set for that. I know I always turned both off on iMessage and off now.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Why does Verizon do this all the time? This is a MUST feature in my opinion. With this feature active, combined with fact I have the Verizon SMS downloaded to my Mac, I can use my Android the exact same way I used to use imessage.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why does Verizon do this all the time? This is a MUST feature in my opinion. With this feature active, combined with fact I have the Verizon SMS downloaded to my Mac, I can use my Android the exact same way I used to use imessage.

This is available with Verizon messages+. That is where my screenshot came from. I think they removed it for Samsung's messaging app though.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I believe you are correct. I prefer VZW Message+ anyway (as much as it pains me to say that) - but I hate how they can't just leave the phone alone w/o fussing around with things that came on it from Samsung.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe you are correct. I prefer VZW Message+ anyway (as much as it pains me to say that) - but I hate how they can't just leave the phone alone w/o fussing around with things that came on it from Samsung.

Yeah Im actually surprised how much I like Verizon's app. I usually got with the stock or Google messenger but this app is pretty good.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have been avoiding the VZW Messages+ app just on principle (sick to death of them pushing their crap on me...and worse, removing what was intended to be there from the original manufacturer)...and my needs are really very basic. But two things I DO like/want...1) I love that I can "delay send" or schedule a message in the Samsung messaging app...so I can type it today and set it up to send tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. This has come in handy many times. 2) I'd like the ability to check my messages or respond on my computer, which it sounds like the Verizon app would allow.

So can the VZW app "schedule" messages?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes it can schedule.

I've not tried it on my PC but it works great on my iPad. It's like having iMessage but it works on whatever device you have.

I agree with you though - it took a lot for me even re-enable it as I had disabled it as soon as I got my Note 7 - but damn if it isn't a pretty nice messaging app. Painful as that is to admit.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been avoiding the VZW Messages+ app just on principle (sick to death of them pushing their crap on me...and worse, removing what was intended to be there from the original manufacturer)...and my needs are really very basic. But two things I DO like/want...1) I love that I can "delay send" or schedule a message in the Samsung messaging app...so I can type it today and set it up to send tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. This has come in handy many times. 2) I'd like the ability to check my messages or respond on my computer, which it sounds like the Verizon app would allow.

There are also some apps that will allow you to do that on your computer. I used to use one, Mighty Text it worked great then.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes it can schedule.

I've not tried it on my PC but it works great on my iPad. It's like having iMessage but it works on whatever device you have.

I agree with you though - it took a lot for me even re-enable it as I had disabled it as soon as I got my Note 7 - but damn if it isn't a pretty nice messaging app. Painful as that is to admit.

AUUGGHHH!!! You are killing me...I am SO MUCH in that mindset of...well I can't say exactly what I'm thinking or I believe it would be a forum infraction...but I'm really struggling to let it go. And I'm straddling iOS/Mac/Windows/Android so it sounds like I need to get over myself. Or my negativity...close-minded ness...whatever we want to call it.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
AUUGGHHH!!! You are killing me...I am SO MUCH in that mindset of...well I can't say exactly what I'm thinking or I believe it would be a forum infraction...but I'm really struggling to let it go. And I'm straddling iOS/Mac/Windows/Android so it sounds like I need to get over myself. Or my negativity...close-minded ness...whatever we want to call it.

Same here - I have an iPad and Android phone and PC while my wife is all iOS. I guess I just decided that the features in VZW Message+ outweigh the hatred I have for VZWs forced crap they try to pollute my phone with. :)

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Advanced messaging is really the only universal hope in the war vs. iMessage. But things like this and issues with carriers, compatibility, etc, will mean nothing but frustration and half-baked adaptation by all. So, if you want high quality video messages, use iMessage in the US or Whatsapp internationally. It's aggravating.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am reading this thread and laughing because I feel the exact same way. I just went back to Textra on principle. Funny how stupid that sounds. I guess I need to get over myself too, lol. Message+ seemed to get the job done well and it works great on my iPad. It's actually still working even though I disabled it on my phone.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I typically steer clear of all carrier apps/services that intend to replace stock or better standalone apps. But in this case, Verizon's messaging app is pretty good. I made the exception with this app. Try it out for a while.