Mobile Data Issue on VZW Note 7 (using on T-Mobile)

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not, please re-read my paragraph...Verizon disables bands 12 and 17 in their firmware. This is why you CAN pop any SIM in and still make/receive calls and text messages but data doesn't work. Just flash your carriers carrier firmware for it and it will allow ylu to use bands 12/17 AND data rather than displaying an "H" above your signal indicators without data.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not, please re-read my paragraph...Verizon disables bands 12 and 17 in their firmware. This is why you CAN pop any SIM in and still make/receive calls and text messages but data doesn't work. Just flash your carriers carrier firmware for it and it will allow ylu to use bands 12/17 AND data rather than displaying an "H" above your signal indicators without data.
Band 12 and 17 aren't the main bands so yes data will work. I am not sure where you think that's the only ones for data. It may be for Verizon but T-Mobile is mainly 2 and 4. 12 is used by T-Mobile but only in certain areas (a.k.a not their main band for LTE).

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Instead of arguing with a person that's genuinely trying to help you dud you ever try to flash carrier firmware? Before I flashed AT&T firmware to the Verizon-branded Note 7 I have, I couldn't access data. Changing my SIM, APN Settings, restoring, etc...didnt help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Instead of arguing with a person that's genuinely trying to help you dud you ever try to flash carrier firmware? Before I flashed AT&T firmware to the Verizon-branded Note 7 I have, I couldn't access data. Changing my SIM, APN Settings, restoring, etc...didnt help.
I'm not the one who made the post. I'm saying T-Mobile uses band 2 and 4 mainly with 12 in some areas. You just said that it won't work since 12 and 17 are apparently locked. That makes no sense.. Like at all. If the network doesn't use the bands what's it matter if those are supposedly locked?

I guarantee I can grab a friend's Note 7 on VZW and he can use my T-Mobile SIM to get service.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
And I can attest to the fact that I could get voice and text but no data UNTIL I flashed AT&T firmware...on a Verizon Note 7

APN Settings didn't matter

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And I can attest to the fact that I could get voice and text but no data UNTIL I flashed AT&T firmware...on a Verizon Note 7

APN Settings didn't matter
I tried popping in a metropcs sim( owned by tmobile) and I just changed the apn and it worked with data

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok...yeah I had AT&T and it wouldn't work for me, maybe T-Mobile is different somwhow

It very well could be.. but that is why I kept pressing that it should work. AT&T can sometimes be more picky but I know T-Mobile doesn't care. If the phone has the radio it just goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC