Good Lock now officially supports the Galaxy Note7

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it came way sooner than we expected.

Samsung's radical UI overhaul, Good Lock, has just received an update in quite a long while that adds some nifty new stuff. They include;

• Support for the Galaxy Note7
  • Support for unlocking the device using the Iris scanner
  • The ability to align the clock to the center of the lockscreen
  • Adds an unlock animation

There's more to find andsince I'm currently running an unsupported build, I'm definitely giving this one a proper go.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/502w8m/samsungs_good_lock_update_24012/

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Sadly I had to uninstall it cause it did the same thing on my note 5 and not support my live themes. Won't use something that won't play themes I paid for.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Love it!... No performance hiccups so far either...

fb83314bb1d9bb295309955ad39a9a8b.jpg

25315c0cd53c7db81cb201d29134df85.jpg

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I had it installed on my Note 5 and it was absolutely killing my battery life. I may try it out again to see if it works any better on the 7.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Glad this is finally updated for the Note 7. Missed double tapping notifications to launch and the stock Android-ish settings shade.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna install this day 1 but it wasn't available so I went back to Nova. Now that I have everything set up and tweaked the way I want it in Nova, I may be too lazy to try Good Lock.

Are there any blow-me-away features Good Lock provides that's worth leaving Nova for?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna install this day 1 but it wasn't available so I went back to Nova. Now that I have everything set up and tweaked the way I want it in Nova, I may be too lazy to try Good Lock.

Are there any blow-me-away features Good Lock provides that's worth leaving Nova for?
Nova is just a launcher, so it only affects your home screen.

Good Lock is a SystemUI overhaul, which changes not only the lockscreen but also the statusbar, quick settings, recent apps screen and more.

I use both together, so it feels like I'm using a bit of a pseudo Nexus......with a pen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
DO IT! Clean lock screen + stock Nexus notification tray = better phone experience.

The lock screen for me is normally clean (I have two notifications that are constant) but I actually enjoy the notification tray. Not that I had an issue when using stock (on my Nexus 6P) but I don't mind the toggles sitting at the top.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Tried it on S7, was not a big fan and tried it again with Note 7 same result. For me the current TouchWiz UI + Material dark theme + Nova or Google now launcher works the best.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Nova is just a launcher, so it only affects your home screen.

Good Lock is a SystemUI overhaul, which changes not only the lockscreen but also the statusbar, quick settings, recent apps screen and more.

I use both together, so it feels like I'm using a bit of a pseudo Nexus......with a pen.

Ohh so this basically replaced the TouchWiz backend that Nova doesn't touch? You say you're using both together, you mean GL and Nova? If that's the case perhaps I'll give it a try. I just don't want to lose my Nova config.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01