Hello, all!
    GN7 on Verizon, using Nova Launcher. As the description states, the edges of my screen do not seem to be registering my touch when I try to pull open my Edge menu. It only works 1 to 2 times out of 10 attempts. (used an s7 edge at the verizon store - it worked nearly 100% of the time.)
    No case, no overlay of any kind - totally nekkid! :-)
    Took it back to the Verizon store, they had the same issue, we called Verizon tech support from there, and Verizon has ordered me another (my store didn't have any).
    Changed the handle size, changed right side to left side, tried to activate from home pages with and without widgets, and the results are exactly the same.
    I love the phone otherwise!
    Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same issue?
    08-29-2016 03:25 PM
    Hello, all!
    GN7 on Verizon, using Nova Launcher. As the description states, the edges of my screen do not seem to be registering my touch when I try to pull open my Edge menu. It only works 1 to 2 times out of 10 attempts. (used an s7 edge at the verizon store - it worked nearly 100% of the time.)
    No case, no overlay of any kind - totally nekkid! :-)
    Took it back to the Verizon store, they had the same issue, we called Verizon tech support from there, and Verizon has ordered me another (my store didn't have any).
    Changed the handle size, changed right side to left side, tried to activate from home pages with and without widgets, and the results are exactly the same.
    I love the phone otherwise!
    Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same issue?
    Does it also happen using TouchWiz launcher or only on Nova?
    08-29-2016 04:18 PM
    Good question... if memory serves, it did the same thing before I switched to Nova Launcher. But I didn't mess with the Edge screen much until I got the phone set up... I'll check to see if I can save all my Nova settings and give it a quick test on TouchWiz...
    08-29-2016 06:57 PM
    Good question... if memory serves, it did the same thing before I switched to Nova Launcher. But I didn't mess with the Edge screen much until I got the phone set up... I'll check to see if I can save all my Nova settings and give it a quick test on TouchWiz...
    You don't have to save any Nova settings. Just under the phone settings there should be a launcher option. Choose TouchWiz. When you switch back to Nova after testing to see if you have the problems on TouchWiz the settings should stay where they were.
    08-29-2016 07:10 PM
    Does it also happen using TouchWiz launcher or only on Nova?
    Yes, I changed back just now to make sure, and it made no difference; I tried it about 10 times and it didn't come up even once.
    08-29-2016 07:11 PM
    Have you tried to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem?
    08-29-2016 07:15 PM
    I returned a defective note last week waiting for a replacement my screen on the right side was defective would not react to any touch.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    08-29-2016 07:17 PM
    Have you tried to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem?
    No. Verizon didn't require me to do a factory reset either because it had this problem from the beginning. I just went back to TouchWiz to make doubly sure the problem was still there, because switching to Nova Launcher is usually one of the first things I do before I start downloading anything.

At the time, I remember thinking I'd either get the hang of it, or adjust the edge sensitivity somehow. So, I focused on getting the phone the way I liked it, and then went back to playing with the Edge screen... I should have realized I had a problem right off.

Even with a good backup, factory reset is still a real pain. (Verizon Cloud backs up most everything automatically for me.)
    08-29-2016 07:29 PM
    I returned a defective note last week waiting for a replacement my screen on the right side was defective would not react to any touch.
    ...Well, at least I know I'm not the only one that had a screen issue. As long as they're replacing it for me, I'm fine. They let me keep the phone until the new one comes in, and just got an email that it has shipped. The good news seems to be that this is not a terribly common problem!
    08-29-2016 07:31 PM