Good Lock is back - and has issues

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
As of late yesterday, Good Lock is available in the Samsung app store for the Note 7. Great news, but it has issues.

• Breaks the LED cover functionality - doesn't work at all
  • No full screen music art on the lock screen
  • Can't double-tap notifications to open them (still need to swipe after tapping)
  • T-Mobile wifi calling notification on the shade is white (doesn't follow color scheme) and listed twice
Screenshot_20160829-163527.jpgScreenshot_20160829-163543.jpg

These are what I've found. Anything else?

Yes I submitted this feedback to Samsung.

This is a great app once you turn off the swipe to save and change the colors to black. The swipe down tray looks identical to a Nexus. It's pretty great, but needs to work as it did on other Samsung devices. Keep passing feedback on to Samsung and maybe they will fix in a few months :/

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
As of late yesterday, Good Lock is available in the Samsung app store for the Note 7. Great news, but it has issues.

• Breaks the LED cover functionality - doesn't work at all
  • No full screen music art on the lock screen
  • Can't double-tap notifications to open them (still need to swipe after tapping)
  • T-Mobile wifi calling notification on the shade is white (doesn't follow color scheme) and listed twice
View attachment 237712View attachment 237713

These are what I've found. Anything else?

Yes I submitted this feedback to Samsung.

This is a great app once you turn off the swipe to save and change the colors to black. The swipe down tray looks identical to a Nexus. It's pretty great, but needs to work as it did on other Samsung devices. Keep passing feedback on to Samsung and maybe they will fix in a few months :/

How do you change the color? That purple is godawful!!!!!

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you change the color? That purple is godawful!!!!!

You mean the internet icon? It's part of the "Material Design" theme (free). I'm a Nova junkie, but actually like GraceUI or whatever touchwiz is called now. This theme plus Good Lock, all on my coral N7 is pretty rad. I guess I could change the icon pack, but the purple isn't a huge deal IMO.

Looks really great to me...only wish I could get rid of the wifi calling persistent notification. It's tacky af.

Click for two more pics

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You mean the internet icon? It's part of the "Material Design" theme (free). I'm a Nova junkie, but actually like GraceUI or whatever touchwiz is called now. This theme plus Good Lock, all on my coral N7 is pretty rad. I guess I could change the icon pack, but the purple isn't a huge deal IMO.

Looks really great to me...only wish I could get rid of the wifi calling persistent notification. It's tacky af.

Click for two more pics

No, I mean how did you change the color to black in the pulldown. Mine is this weird light blue with darker blue (or purple, can't really tell).

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I like both styles, but what's keeping me with good lock is the behavior of the recents panel. I'm not fond of the regular Samsung's recent panel in that when I scroll through the apps it's one by one. In good lock, scrolling through the apps is smooth and free, and not app by app

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I like both styles, but what's keeping me with good lock is the behavior of the recents panel. I'm not fond of the regular Samsung's recent panel in that when I scroll through the apps it's one by one. In good lock, scrolling through the apps is smooth and free, and not app by app

You can turn off the new recents design in Good Lock settings.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off the new recents design in Good Lock settings.
I know. That's what I meant, probably didn't elaborate well enough in my post. I like the recents design after I turn off the new design in good lock settings, more than the recents design that came with the regular TouchWiz without the good lock installed. Reason why is the scrolling part..

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm in the minority on the team here.. I hate pure Android. To me it is boring lol
When I first started with the Nexus S I had no idea there was anything different coming from BB devices. But when my husband wanted his own smartphone for personal use (he had a Nokia for work) I picked the S2 for him. I couldn't figure out why he had so many more options in his menus. And I liked the white background. After lurking in the forums I figured out that Nexus was 'vanilla' Android. I stuck with it for the Gnex but felt I was missing out on something. The next upgrade I got the Note 2. And that was what I was looking for. 😍

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When I first started with the Nexus S I had no idea there was anything different coming from BB devices. But when my husband wanted his own smartphone for personal use (he had a Nokia for work) I picked the S2 for him. I couldn't figure out why he had so many more options in his menus. And I liked the white background. After lurking in the forums I figured out that Nexus was 'vanilla' Android. I stuck with it for the Gnex but felt I was missing out on something. The next upgrade I got the Note 2. And that was what I was looking for. 😍
I also hate looking for apps and hate the Google apps for texting etc. I'm stuck on Samsung though, especially due to the spen.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hahahaha!!!! I can't really decide if I like Good Lock or not. If I can get the color changed I'll be able to make a better decision. But it is UUUUUUGLY as it is right now.
Press the 2nd to the left settings button
35498e6d38b6fe13166cb57cc46b65bc.jpg

Then routines
fdb10b04e2dcfdc564be4376bf747c39.jpg

Then wala!
85e965187dc7602ad7b6efbbc4c67106.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance