YouTube won't play in 1080P 60fps on the Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tried the same videos on other android devices, and they'll play at 60 fps. But, no... Not the Note 7. I have tried uninstalling updates for YouTube, rebooting and reinstalling and then trying updating, but nothing works

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I know how to change the resolution, and I'm on 100 mbps AC wifi, and when I'm not on that it's verizon 4G. Not sure why I'm not getting the option to even select 1080P 60fps

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes I'm tmobile. But I'm always on wifi... If you're not getting 1080p on wifi there's a problem. I'm assuming you know you can change the resolution manually... Right?
No my T-Mobile question was to OP. He didn't mention he was on Wi-Fi, so I thought Binge-On might be the culprit.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, I had the same issue at first with the Note 7 but I figured it out. Open the YouTube app on the phone and go to settings (the three dots in the upper right corner). Under "General", there is an option that is on by default called "Limit mobile data usage". Turn that option off and you should be good to go.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, I had the same issue at first with the Note 7 but I figured it out. Open the YouTube app on the phone and go to settings (the three dots in the upper right corner). Under "General", there is an option that is on by default called "Limit mobile data usage". Turn that option off and you should be good to go.

Darn. Thought you might be on to something. Went and checked, and that option was already set properly. Tried it the other way just to make sure. Same thing. Switched it back. Same thing

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: 60 fps YouTube videos

I just answered this same question for someone else on here :) If you open YouTube, click on three dots in the upper right corner then hit "Settings" then "General". There you will see an option that (at least on mine) is on by default called "Limit mobile data usage". Turn that off. If keeps you from playing HD videos while on data.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I just answered this same question for someone else on here :) If you open YouTube, click on three dots in the upper right corner then hit "Settings" then "General". There you will see an option that (at least on mine) is on by default called "Limit mobile data usage". Turn that off. If keeps you from playing HD videos while on data.

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it was already set properly and didn't fix it

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, sorry that didn't work. I've tried bouncing back and forth with that setting myself and it did the trick. I'm on Sprint so it could be a carrier thing.

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

I was actually asking if the YouTube app will play videos in 60 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12