Is it because I have the card encrypted? Seems like that should only be an issue if I took the card out of the phone, but I kept it in the phone, unlocked the phone, connected it to the pc, and selected the option to transfer files. It lights up and appears to work, but then disconnects and reconnects in a loop
    08-29-2016 06:54 PM
    Using file manager on the PC, can you see the phone itself and all the other files, just not the the SD card?
    08-29-2016 08:15 PM
    Using file manager on the PC, can you see the phone itself and all the other files, just not the the SD card?
    I can see it all, but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Almost like a ghost is screwing with my USB cable
    08-29-2016 08:48 PM
    Same issue. I have to removed the SD Card and connect it directly to my PC to transfer file. Extremely annoying.
    08-29-2016 10:21 PM
    Wow, that is strange - mine is fine - I have a 64 GB Samsung Pro HD card and it's there, all the time, no problem. Not sure what to say!
    08-29-2016 11:06 PM
    Had similar issues with literally every Samsung phone I've owned. I miss true usb mass storage. Not this mtp crap. I don't have an SD card in yet (my 256 is coming Wednesday!) but I was able to transfer a ton of music to internal with no issues. I wish I could recommend a fix. I've literally tried EVERYTHING. Down to updating the mobo bios. Nothing works. Suggest getting a good card reader if it's the same issue.
    08-29-2016 11:20 PM
    This may be entirely beside the point, but...It used to be that you had to plug your USB cable into a port on your computer, not into a hub, or you wouldn't be able to sync or otherwise manipulate your phone from your computer. I've noticed that I still have to do this, occasionally, or the phone will connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect...repeatedly, each time accompanied by its cunning little warning chime.
    09-05-2016 02:30 PM
    I had trouble connecting my Note 7 to my laptop via USB cable with a USB C adapter. It would connect but transfers would stop. Once I switched to use just a USB C cable it worked just fine to transfer files, etc, and much faster too.
    09-05-2016 03:52 PM
    I can see it all, but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Almost like a ghost is screwing with my USB cable
    Is this the original Samsung cable that came with the phone?

This may be entirely beside the point, but...It used to be that you had to plug your USB cable into a port on your computer, not into a hub, or you wouldn't be able to sync or otherwise manipulate your phone from your computer. I've noticed that I still have to do this, occasionally, or the phone will connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect...repeatedly, each time accompanied by its cunning little warning chime.
    FWIW, my N7 is plugged into a USB hub that is built into my ASUS monitor and I have no issues.
    09-05-2016 03:52 PM
    Is this the original Samsung cable that came with the phone?

FWIW, my N7 is plugged into a USB hub that is built into my ASUS monitor and I have no issues.
    No, it was a non Samsung USB cable plugged in to the adapter, and then right in to the side of the computer. I tried it again the other day, and got it to work for a about 45 minutes, and then it started having issues again
    09-05-2016 05:30 PM
    Just for s&g's....what brand card are you using? Have you tried it with the factory cable?
    09-05-2016 06:18 PM
    Just for s&g's....what brand card are you using? Have you tried it with the factory cable?
    Ok, got it to work reliably. Have to use the samsung cable that came with the Note 7, plus I have to plug the cable directly in to the side of my Surface Pro 4 vs plugging it in to the docking station that has multiple usb ports on it.
    09-06-2016 07:15 PM