Previously I had location either disabled or set to "power savings" mode on my Note 7.

Today I switched it up to "high accuracy" mode and I noticed that every several minutes a FINDING LOCATION notification was showing up on my always on display screen.

It would only appear for a second or two then disappear but it would show up 5 minutes or so later.

I assume this had something to do with the location being set to high accuracy - since it never happened before until i switched it to that setting.

Is this normal when putting it in high accuracy?

Battery usage wise - is there a higher difference between power savings and high accuracy for location?
    08-29-2016 07:03 PM
    Previously I had location either disabled or set to "power savings" mode on my Note 7.

Today I switched it up to "high accuracy" mode and I noticed that every several minutes a FINDING LOCATION notification was showing up on my always on display screen.

It would only appear for a second or two then disappear but it would show up 5 minutes or so later.

I assume this had something to do with the location being set to high accuracy - since it never happened before until i switched it to that setting.

Battery usage wise - is there a higher difference between power savings and high accuracy for location?
    I see this too. I have high accuracy set ad well. I can't complain about battery as it has been good, but I haven't run in power savings mode. I use my phone for navigation a lot.
    08-29-2016 07:45 PM
    Apparently so. I've been dealing with the same thing on my N4 since I got it last year. Looking at something tonight I changed from high accuracy to GPS only and it went away. The savings depend on what apps you have using it. You should be able to see somewhere (my N7 arrives tomorrow) a list of apps and how much power they are using when using location services.

I take that back. Just saw the flashing do-hicky again. Might as well put it back on high.
    08-29-2016 10:24 PM