10-11-2016 01:10 AM
173 1234 ...
tools
    I had to take mine out of the LED cover for it to work yesterday. No bueno.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:46 PM
    Hm weird. Are you holding it in the right spot? I use it everywhere there is a reader without issue. Gas stations, grocery stores, firehouse, etc.
    Someone already asked what the right spot was. Nonclear answer or I missed it.
    Answered a couple of. posts later. I see now.
    08-29-2016 10:57 PM
    I have used it once successfully at tj maxx. I have tried at CVS and Kroger with no luck. It's easier to just use my card.
    CVS tries to disable all forms of mobile payment - choose credit instead of debit and it goes through. Wows them every time.
    08-29-2016 11:10 PM
    Got the $20 promotion. That was nice, but since then it only works at about half the vendors I attempt to use it at. Didn't work at Costco with my debit card. Didn't work at a gas station inside at the register. There were a couple other places it didn't work with either, and when the thing actually DID work, lots of the time I had to then enter my pin or hit all sorts of buttons on the terminal and sign. It already knows all that. I programmed in my signature and use a pin or fingerprint for security. Tell me again how this is supposed to be more efficient and save time? At least if I use my debit card, I know it's going to work and I know what to do. I don't then have this new experience each time and have the risk of it not working at all and having to in the end take out my damn debit card anyway. Fail
    My experience was the same as yours in the beginning. There are some quirks wiith the way it works. Pick credit if it doesn't work as debit, try it a second time sometimes the reader just doesn't like it. I also read in the forums where some have had success swiping the phone as if it was a card. Can you leave your card at home... no cause I'm not handing my phone over to the taco bell employee in the drive thru but you can get close. I use it more now than i used too, only place i have an issue with right now is home depot but pay pal won't work there right now either and it is an option to pay on the card reader
    08-29-2016 11:30 PM
    Someone already asked what the right spot was. Nonclear answer or I missed it.
    Answered a couple of. posts later. I see now.
    Little bit under the camera .
    recDNA likes this.
    08-29-2016 11:31 PM
    So where's the sensor then? They advertise that it works with old terminals that don't have tap to pay. On the old terminals, I usually placed the phone near where I would swipe a card.
    I had a similar problem and almost returned my Note 7 because samsung pay was making me look like an ***** at the store when I tried to pay with it...until I looked online where the chip is. This picture was invaluable because I was trying to use it like my iPhone (the NFC chip is at the top of the phone)

08-30-2016 01:20 AM
    I agree with you!
    08-30-2016 01:57 AM
    Been using Samsung Pay consistently and reliably since March when it was announced with the S7E. Very few problems. On a recent trip to Canada SP also worked well there. The only bug I have, Amex does not seem to work at Walmart, but Visa works fine.
    08-30-2016 10:30 AM
    I had a similar problem and almost returned my Note 7 because samsung pay was making me look like an ***** at the store when I tried to pay with it...until I looked online where the chip is. This picture was invaluable because I was trying to use it like my iPhone (the NFC chip is at the top of the phone)
    Thank you so much!
    08-30-2016 11:15 AM
    May be super dumb but don't you have to have the NFC on your phone on befire it will work? Would yhay be the possible issue ?
    08-30-2016 11:35 AM
    The only places it hasn't worked for my is Chipotle and a very small (non-chain) pharmacy. Everywhere else it works like a gem and sometimes even shocks the cashiers.
    08-30-2016 11:37 AM
    May be super dumb but don't you have to have the NFC on your phone on befire it will work? Would yhay be the possible issue ?
    No. NFC can be off and Samsung Pay will turn it on when pulsing for a transaction. That way you don't have to leave it on 24/7.
    dsignori and toenail_flicker like this.
    08-30-2016 11:54 AM
    I have a question: DO you have to compete the checkout (enter pin, cashback, etc.) before the while timer at the top hits zero? I was at Petsmart and their terminal asks so many questions, the thing hit 0 before I completed the checkout and the card failed
    08-30-2016 12:51 PM
    I have a question: DO you have to compete the checkout (enter pin, cashback, etc.) before the while timer at the top hits zero? I was at Petsmart and their terminal asks so many questions, the thing hit 0 before I completed the checkout and the card failed
    You shouldn't. I go to firehouse and scan the card from Samsung Pay (the reader beeps). I then just hit my lock button and put my phone away as they finish their side of the transaction since it already accepted the information. After they hand me my drink I will usually feel the notification from Samsung Pay since the transaction completed.
    08-30-2016 01:00 PM
    I have been using faithfully for a year now and it has been flawless
    08-30-2016 01:17 PM
    I have no issues using Samsung pay with my credit cards. But the $20 reward never worked for me. Maybe should have tried credit instead of debit payment.
    08-30-2016 01:19 PM
    No. NFC can be off and Samsung Pay will turn it on when pulsing for a transaction. That way you don't have to leave it on 24/7.

Nice! I had no idea ..
    08-30-2016 01:34 PM
    I've used it 70+ times and only 3 occasions it didn't work for me, I love it and use it all the time.
    08-30-2016 01:52 PM
    I am having issues using Samsung Pay with my Debit card. I only have my Debit card loaded into Samsung pay. When I go to pay if I choose Credit as the payment form it works with no issue. If I choose debit the terminal asks for my PIN number which I enter and then it declines the card saying "invalid or incorrect pin number". Am I doing something incorrect?
    08-30-2016 02:41 PM
    Been using it and had no issue whatsoever...works every time here with a hard case on.
    08-30-2016 02:43 PM
    I am having issues using Samsung Pay with my Debit card. I only have my Debit card loaded into Samsung pay. When I go to pay if I choose Credit as the payment form it works with no issue. If I choose debit the terminal asks for my PIN number which I enter and then it declines the card saying "invalid or incorrect pin number". Am I doing something incorrect?
    This has always been the case since I started using Samsung Pay with the Note 5. You have to enter as credit and you will be fine. That's probably why so many people think it doesn't work. Trust me Samsung Pay works just fine it's user error in most cases.
    08-30-2016 03:25 PM
    I just started using it yesterday. First successful attempt was at Rite Aid. Just held the phone near the spot where you swipe your cards (as others have mentioned) and it worked great. Plus got my $20 promotion from Samsung.
    Just keeping my card near me, just in case, until I get good at it and I know where I can use it.
    08-30-2016 03:40 PM
    This has always been the case since I started using Samsung Pay with the Note 5. You have to enter as credit and you will be fine. That's probably why so many people think it doesn't work. Trust me Samsung Pay works just fine it's user error in most cases.
    Issue you being is that some places like Costco only accept debit or their credit cards. So I can't use it there. And according to the Samsung website it says that you can use the debit and just have to enter the PIN on the terminal, which isn't working for me.
    08-30-2016 03:53 PM
    You're doing it wrong!!

I love Samsung Pay!! I only carry one credit card in case of emergency. The rest of the time, im using Samsung Pay. You can even get it to work at the Gas Pump!!
    08-30-2016 04:01 PM
    Been using Samsung Pay consistently and reliably since March when it was announced with the S7E. Very few problems. On a recent trip to Canada SP also worked well there. The only bug I have, Amex does not seem to work at Walmart, but Visa works fine.
    At least you can get Visa to work at Walmart. I think mine is blocking it. Always get an error there now that Walmart Pay is out. Also, SP came out last year veggie the s7e came out. it worked on the s6 as well because I used it with that phone too.
    08-30-2016 05:18 PM
173 1234 ...