10-11-2016 01:10 AM
173 ... 34567
tools
    SP is great and since it's more secure should be used by anyone that's has the ability to use it. Sorry that some have an issue but if you like take a pic of the machine or wrote it down and call Samsung for help. You can also have someone video you and post so we can see what you may be doing wrong
    09-04-2016 06:30 AM
    It's because Sam Pay is using a virtual number which is totally different from your Debit Card number called Tokenization. Of course your PIN will not work for that virtual number. This is what makes Sam Pay more secure as it protects your real card number. Each transaction got a different code.

My only worry, as I have not tried it yet, is if you need to return or ask for a refund and how are they suppose to match your real card with the receipt.
    Not true. You do use your regular debit pin with these transactions. My chase debit has always worked.
    And refunds work like always. Just use samsung pay on the same card for the return. The token changes but not the "virtual" card number. The virtual card number and the real debit number use the same pin.
    09-04-2016 07:07 AM
    You do use your regular debit pin with these transactions.
    For the Samsung Gift Card the pin is the line in white next to the image. It says "XXXX (Last 4 digits for cashier)"
    09-04-2016 11:17 AM
    i actually used Samsung pay to take advantage of the free 10 bucks they are now offering and made 3 transactions and they all worked....the 1st transaction was without my case cause i was skeptic and the other 2 worked just as fast with my case on...And honestly it worked faster then the stupid chip process on my actual credit card.....All 3 times i used the magnetic strip method cause the terminal i went to didnt have NFC...

As of right now its only letting me load my debit card and not My Discover or MasterCard...
    09-04-2016 11:20 AM
    Not sure about all Walmarts, but I was at a Walmart in New Jersey today and no, it did not work.
    09-04-2016 01:32 PM
    As of right now its only letting me load my debit card and not My Discover or MasterCard...
    Discover card is not supported yet. Many MasterCards are, check your issuing bank against the Samsung list of supported banks.
    09-04-2016 01:52 PM
    I am having trouble with the samsung credit as well, first time I used it was fine, but now it keeps failing. Invalid pin or just fails. Using another card with samsung pay has worked.

#@*-$**#@!!!

I just attempted to use Samsung pay at Walmart, where I have used it before. I wanted to use up that stupid $20 Samsung credit. It wouldn't work! We tried it 4 times. I selected credit like everyone keeps saying to select. I even took the phone out of the case. It just declined. You could tell it was communicating and trying to work, but it never did.
    09-04-2016 01:58 PM
    It works at my grocery store but only about 1/2 the time. Sometimes it seems like if I do it fast it works, other times it seems like I have to do it slow, but many times it just won't work even after 10 tries no matter how fast/slow I do it. Then I have to give up and use my real credit card.

What are the tricks to getting it to work reliably?
    09-04-2016 08:45 PM
    Got the $20 promotion. That was nice, but since then it only works at about half the vendors I attempt to use it at. Didn't work at Costco with my debit card. Didn't work at a gas station inside at the register. There were a couple other places it didn't work with either, and when the thing actually DID work, lots of the time I had to then enter my pin or hit all sorts of buttons on the terminal and sign. It already knows all that. I programmed in my signature and use a pin or fingerprint for security. Tell me again how this is supposed to be more efficient and save time? At least if I use my debit card, I know it's going to work and I know what to do. I don't then have this new experience each time and have the risk of it not working at all and having to in the end take out my damn debit card anyway. Fail
    Do you have a Kroger grocery store near you? If so try there.
    09-04-2016 09:11 PM
    Works fine if the cashier nows how to process the Transaction
    09-04-2016 09:18 PM
    I am having trouble with the samsung credit as well, first time I used it was fine, but now it keeps failing. Invalid pin or just fails. Using another card with samsung pay has worked.
    I have tried multiple different cards. There's no rhyme nor reason to why it works sometimes and not others, even with the same card
    09-04-2016 09:26 PM
    Walmart
    Walmart and CVS don't allow it to work, that is their choice.
    09-04-2016 09:29 PM
    Do they? CVS works for me last time I tried. I'll try tomorrow and see.
    09-04-2016 09:32 PM
    I've actually been able to use Samsung pay at Walmart with my debit card. Just not with the samsung credit through Samsung pay
    09-04-2016 09:33 PM
    Do they? CVS works for me last time I tried. I'll try tomorrow and see.
    It definitely doesn't work at CVS. You probably used it a Walgreens. CVS has their own CVS pay that they want you to use.

CVS joins the digital payment app parade

"Apple, Google and Samsung believe they have an edge because their devices come equipped with payment capability upon delivery to consumers. Users can load payment options into Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay, authenticate their identity on the phone while at the cash register and tap or hover their device to complete the transaction.

But for now, CVS and Walmart aren't accepting those three options."

SP works at Walgreens though.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:34 PM
    That's interesting. Well, I usually only order online from WallyWorld, and don't use CVS anymore. So that's fine with me.
    09-04-2016 09:35 PM
    I've actually been able to use Samsung pay at Walmart with my debit card. Just not with the samsung credit through Samsung pay
    I have never tried it with a debit card but all of the media reports I read say it doesn't work at CVS and Walmart. It definitely does not work with an AMEX on SP at CVS or Walmart.
    09-04-2016 09:36 PM
    Excellent! Just what I needed to hear. Thanks!
    09-04-2016 09:37 PM
    I have never tried it with a debit card but all of the media reports I read say it doesn't work at CVS and Walmart. It definitely does not work with an AMEX on SP at CVS or Walmart.
    I was at WallyWorld yesterday quickly for a return and didn't bother trying. It was a madhouse and then their computer system went down. So glad I was already in process. They gave me cash
    09-04-2016 09:39 PM
    It definitely doesn't work at CVS. You probably used it a Walgreens. CVS has their own CVS pay that they want you to use.

"Apple, Google and Samsung believe they have an edge because their devices come equipped with payment capability upon delivery to consumers. Users can load payment options into Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay, authenticate their identity on the phone while at the cash register and tap or hover their device to complete the transaction.

Like I said last I tried it worked. It was awhile back.

We will see .
    09-04-2016 09:42 PM
    Like I said last I tried it worked. It was awhile back.

We will see .
    CVS used to take SoftCard then purposefully disabled all NFC payments from their terminals:

CVS, Rite Aid Baffle Payments Industry With Decisions To Block NFC, Apple Pay

They did it b/c they were partnering with Walmart to develop their own NFC payment system called Current C.

CVS, Rite Aid and Wal-Mart among 50 retailers that have refused NFC payments – Tech2

That was before Samsung pay even came out. SP has never worked at CVS. You were likely at Walgreens.

AFAIK, it doesn't work at Walmart even with debit card. Like CVS they have disabled NFC payments.
    09-04-2016 09:49 PM
    CVS used to take SoftCard then purposefully disabled all NFC payments from their terminals:

CVS, Rite Aid Baffle Payments Industry With Decisions To Block NFC, Apple Pay

They did it b/c they were partnering with Walmart to develop their own NFC payment system called Current C.

CVS, Rite Aid and Wal-Mart among 50 retailers that have refused NFC payments – Tech2

That was before Samsung pay even came out. SP has never worked at CVS. You were likely at Walgreens.

AFAIK, it doesn't work at Walmart even with debit card. Like CVS they have disabled NFC payments.
    And NFC payments aren't required for Samsung Pay. You can run it like a normal card. . Again.. I know the difference in CVS and Walgreens haha. You're welcome to not believe but I have no reason to lie about it.

I just used it at a gas station that had no NFC but it went fine. That's the joy of Samsung Pay. It can be ran like a normal card.
    09-04-2016 09:50 PM
    I've only had a problem at the Bronx Zoo where it actually crashed the computer they were using, twice, not sure why. I've used it at Walmart at self checkout twice and worked both times, I thought it wasn't working because it kept ticking down and try again came on but I looked at the terminal and I had to enter pin or change transaction type which I did to credit and worked fine. The try again was still on the phone when I looked at the terminal and did the selection. I've used it at CVS, Shake Shack, Key Foods, Subway, Sally's, ULTA, Woman's and other places. So I think if your having trouble make sure you ask the cashier if they chose credit/debit or if your doing self checkout make sure to check the terminal screen. I love how easy it is.
    09-05-2016 12:23 AM

It worked for me at CVS last week
    09-05-2016 04:45 AM
    It is so odd how SP works in some Walmarts or CVS stores and not others.

I am going to keep trying wherever I go.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-05-2016 06:06 AM
173 ... 34567