10-11-2016 01:10 AM
173 ... 567
tools
    Yup, it's not just about the card. Just tried and confirmed with them that those terminals will require a chip for credit cards (so credit cards without one are also out!) and will only accept swipe/PIN for debit. They're even putting little stickers on the terminals for that.
    I really hope you're wrong.
    09-06-2016 02:33 PM
    MST is just like swiping your card, and the terminal will ask for pin after. I use my credit card which has a chip at walmart using samsung pay but if I swipe the card it want to scan the chip and rejects it. I don't see how this would stop samsung pay from working. I also don't think they would only accept chip cards and lose customers and sales.

Yup, it's not just about the card. Just tried and confirmed with them that those terminals will require a chip for credit cards (so credit cards without one are also out!) and will only accept swipe/PIN for debit. They're even putting little stickers on the terminals for that.
    09-06-2016 03:19 PM
    I think that information is bogus. Samsung Pay using MST sends information to the issuing bank, via the terminal, that this is a chip-free card. Bank then acknowledges and the token exchange starts to process the transaction. Hard to believe that Lowes would turn away all business from those customers who do not have chipped cards, of which there are many. Sometimes the IT folks don't fully understand the systems they are working with,.
    I get how MST works, and I get how SP works. BUT this is a specific terminal requirement (swipe+pin for debit, swipe+chip/chip for credit), and whether or not it is a smart move, remains to be seen (businesses 'lose' between 2 to 3 percent on credit card transactions due to bank fees, so pushing debit ones isn't such a bad idea for THEM).

Just trying to help those whose cards won't work at Lowe's/HomeDepot and 'blame' Samsung Pay when in reality it's the stores requiring chips for credit cards no matter what.
    09-06-2016 03:28 PM
    I am sure, good or bad we all have different stories. Mine are good. Anytime I have had an issue it's either me or the cashier. I also had a good experience with Samsung pay customer service. I has a minor issue with my phone but knew it would bother me so I factory reset. Lost my $20. Called and was told it could take up to 7 days. Got it in less then 24. That was 7-9 days ago. Got a call today from the same agent asking if I got it and how it went. Told him it's all spent and a good thing considering I need to do the phone exchange I would loose it again. He advised me that those deals apply to a NEW phone and that any promotions apply to NEW phone will be availabl. And they will add to any transferred money.

So anyone who gets there new phone don't forget to apply to the promos again.
    09-06-2016 04:03 PM
    I uninstalled it...it seems to interfere with performance
    09-06-2016 04:50 PM
    I'm giving an update after over a month's use on Note 7--I've had 100% success rate and I've used it everywhere from Farmer's Markets to ancient food stalls in China Town.
    It works.
    10-05-2016 09:44 AM
    Best app on the phone hands down
    Jimmy Bernstein and r56mcs like this.
    10-05-2016 10:03 AM
    Sorry to hear that you're having issues with it. I've used it since it first came out, and I have literally never had it fail on me. I love it, and it's more secure than using the actual credit card!
    10-05-2016 10:25 AM
    I found Samsung Pay works at many more location as oppose to Apple Pay. I loved Apple pay when I could use it. First day I got my Note 7 I was able to use it at tores that I could not use Apple Pay such as CVS and various groceries stores. It isn't as quick as Apple Pay however, and I had to get use to the fact that I had to swip up from the screen to get my Samsung Pay on, unlike Apple Pay where it will automatically pop up once I place it near the machine.

After holding down my fingerprint for a few seconds, the transaction was fast and simple. Even the cashiers were impressed. Did not have to sign nor take out my wallet at all.

Overall, I am very pleased with Samsung Pay. Just hoping they will get more Banks involved so I can finally put all my credit cards on it.
    10-05-2016 01:58 PM
    I have used it at many places of the past few weeks where the cashier was adamant that it would not work, only to be amazed that it did work. Yesterday, I one told me I was doing it wrong as the payment went through. (I always use MST, even on NFC enabled terminals.) Each time the question is, what is that? in an amazed tone.
    10-05-2016 03:54 PM
    I use almost every day. Never a problem. Just Used it today and got my $10 gift. Nice.
    10-05-2016 04:28 PM
    Only had it not work once the rest of the time it worked with zero issues
    10-05-2016 07:55 PM
    I have used it once successfully at tj maxx. I have tried at CVS and Kroger with no luck. It's easier to just use my card.
    That's where I am at, easier to whip out card than gamble on "hmmm will it work this time and at this place"

My wife insist on using here Samsung pay no matter how many people she holds up in line.

I Hope the use of online payments releases soon and is super convenient
    10-05-2016 08:26 PM
    Was just in a CVS store yesterday and Samsung Pay worked great as usual. The clerk did mention that Apple Pay is the one they have far more problems with, and frustrated users.
    10-06-2016 08:52 AM
    I have about a 90% success rate. Still not sure about the $20 Samsung gift card. I was unable to use it the one time I tried. Still haven't seen an answer about using it for partial payment. However, I have decided to also download Android Pay and Walmart Pay. That way I should be covered. Also, Sam's Club has an app that lets you can scan items while you shop, pay with the app and skip the lines.
    10-06-2016 10:09 AM
    I have about a 90% success rate. Still not sure about the $20 Samsung gift card. I was unable to use it the one time I tried. Still haven't seen an answer about using it for partial payment. However, I have decided to also download Android Pay and Walmart Pay. That way I should be covered. Also, Sam's Club has an app that lets you can scan items while you shop, pay with the app and skip the lines.
    I've used all 3 of my free Samsung gift cards with no problem. I just ask for split payment at the register and use the exact amount on the samsung card first, then use my regular credit card for the rest.
    10-06-2016 10:13 AM
    For your sp gift card use as credit not debit and it will work fine, SP works at Wal-Mart and everywhere else for me.
    I always hold vertical next to the slide strip
    10-06-2016 10:14 AM
    I've used all 3 of my free Samsung gift cards with no problem. I just ask for split payment at the register and use the exact amount on the samsung card first, then use my regular credit card for the rest.
    I will try that. Thanks.
    10-06-2016 10:20 AM
    I used my $20 card as a partial payment at a GNC. Guy was amazed that worked.
    10-06-2016 10:29 AM
    I could never get the gift card from my first note 7 to work. The same gift card was reissued on the replacement Note 7 and it worked. Entered it as a credit card so I didn't even have to bother with the pin. Used it as a partial payment at a self check out and was able to use another card using Samsung Pay on the remainder. It's working great.
    10-06-2016 02:52 PM
    I could never get the gift card from my first note 7 to work. The same gift card was reissued on the replacement Note 7 and it worked. Entered it as a credit card so I didn't even have to bother with the pin. Used it as a partial payment at a self check out and was able to use another card using Samsung Pay on the remainder. It's working great.
    Yeah, that is the trick. You have to use it as a credit card rather than a debit card. I had the same exact experience, and I also used it for partial payment.
    10-06-2016 03:15 PM
    I did have a problem with Spay once. It was at Riteaide. When I held my phone to the card swipe area it would not take it. So I tried again using the Tap and Pay NFC and it went through. So I guess it worked but had to use the backup method. And it only happened once there.
    10-06-2016 03:46 PM
    SPAY didn't work at a restaurant yesterday. Minato in Vancouver. I will not go there again.
    10-11-2016 01:10 AM
173 ... 567