Samsung pay just doesn't work reliably. I don't care what the commercials say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got the $20 promotion. That was nice, but since then it only works at about half the vendors I attempt to use it at. Didn't work at Costco with my debit card. Didn't work at a gas station inside at the register. There were a couple other places it didn't work with either, and when the thing actually DID work, lots of the time I had to then enter my pin or hit all sorts of buttons on the terminal and sign. It already knows all that. I programmed in my signature and use a pin or fingerprint for security. Tell me again how this is supposed to be more efficient and save time? At least if I use my debit card, I know it's going to work and I know what to do. I don't then have this new experience each time and have the risk of it not working at all and having to in the end take out my damn debit card anyway. Fail

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry your having trouble. I used it 3 times today with no issues. Once getting my hair cut, subway and the grocery store. Over the weekend probably 6 or 7 times with no issues. I have not tried Costco yet. Forgot to use it when I was there Saturday.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I used it at Costco the other day and it worked. I've used it about ten times and it's never failed. Not sure why you're having issues.

Christian Campbell

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The problem I had when I first started using it was not putting the phone near the sensor or thinking I had the phone near the sensor when it really wasn't. The key is to be a little patient and get comfortable with it. Eventually, you will be a pro at it.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I wish i could find out if this truly is reliable because I'm contemplating leaving my bank for a bank that's registered with samsung pay. It'll be a huge waste of time to change banks and pay their dumb fee and then samsung pay not work lol. That'll be my luck.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just left Harris teeter(a local super market). Got a few things after my son's troop meeting and got up to the counter and.... No wallet. Oh well I guess I can't buy my stuff.... Well wait, Samsung pay and boom. Debit card done.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The problem I had when I first started using it was not putting the phone near the sensor or thinking I had the phone near the sensor when it really wasn't. The key is to be a little patient and get comfortable with it. Eventually, you will be a pro at it.

So where's the sensor then? They advertise that it works with old terminals that don't have tap to pay. On the old terminals, I usually placed the phone near where I would swipe a card.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish i could find out if this truly is reliable because I'm contemplating leaving my bank for a bank that's registered with samsung pay. It'll be a huge waste of time to change banks and pay their dumb fee and then samsung pay not work lol. That'll be my luck.

Lol. I'd wait

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just left Harris teeter(a local super market). Got a few things after my son's troop meeting and got up to the counter and.... No wallet. Oh well I guess I can't buy my stuff.... Well wait, Samsung pay and boom. Debit card done.

That scenario is the only thing keeping me from deleting the app (oh, and because I still have that $20 Samsung money I gotta spend). At least if the store doesn't accept my card, I can find another I remember it working at until I get home and have my wallet again

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I use it 2 or 3 times a day. There are some stores that it just won't work for me at (Walmart) and pay at the pump, but other than that it works great. I usually just hit enter at the pin prompt on the reader pad and pay as credit and it's literally tap, enter, walk away. Besides, It's faster than any chip reader even if you do put in your pin and press a few buttons

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What does the $20.00 promo actually give you? Twenty in cash, twenty in a rebate, etc.? My N7 arrives tomorrow and I won't be rooting for a bit.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm weird. Are you holding it in the right spot? I use it everywhere there is a reader without issue. Gas stations, grocery stores, firehouse, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci