Turn on bluetooth, connect a device, start your music. Then start your camera via double tap on the home button - try to switch modes by swiping left and right. It's literally taking 3-4 seconds for this to transpire and it's freezing in the meantime. The quick launch took three seconds from screen-off to launch...

Let's hear how yours is... For reference, my note 5 handles this task perfectly fine.
    08-29-2016 07:57 PM
    No issue here doing it exactly how you said. Perfectly smooth and fast
    08-29-2016 08:05 PM
    It would be interesting to know what CPUs your phones have to see if there's any connection.
    08-29-2016 08:07 PM
    Argh. I've requested a replacement but I am going to factory reset right now. I forgot that I actually did use smart switch for some of the content of my phone... That may be the issue. Gonna start fresh... Gonna be a long evening. Lol
    08-29-2016 08:15 PM
    It would be interesting to know what CPUs your phones have to see if there's any connection.
    Mine is the p variant? I think?
    Okay I did that. It took one and a half seconds from the time I double click for the camera to come up, and as for the time to swipe from one mode to the next, it was not even countable. It was a tiny fraction of a fraction of a second. And I'm on Snapdragon 820.
    08-29-2016 08:19 PM
    First note 7 I used smart switch and had lag. New Note 7 did a clean set up and so far perfect. Theres definitely something up with smart switch
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:19 PM
    I used smartswitch for my contacts, messages and alarms and my phone has been lag free.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:31 PM
    No issues doing this. I do know this device lags or stutters. I see lag sometimes with chrome, and with facebook, which is the app I'm sure.
    08-29-2016 08:33 PM
    None here.
    08-29-2016 08:37 PM
    Fine here no lag
    08-29-2016 08:39 PM
    Nada. Nein. None.
    08-29-2016 08:50 PM
    Ok y'all, I have hard reset. I have no lag, but all I've done is pair one BT device - added Whatsapp and set up one Gmail acct.
    Need your best advice about how to set this back up. The only thing I backed up was my text messages - and I DO use the Facebook app, which I know is notorious for being problematic. I plan to use FB via PC or web browser until I get this lag figured out. I did try the very test that I posted about here, and it's flawless. OBVS there's something up with smart switch or a rogue app, which I have NO clue how to determine.. Help a girl out...
    08-29-2016 09:19 PM
    Theoretically your texts should be good to restore.

I use the FB app, beta, all the time and it doesn't affect my lag that I have noticed.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:29 PM
    Ok y'all, I have hard reset. I have no lag, but all I've done is pair one BT device - added Whatsapp and set up one Gmail acct.
    Need your best advice about how to set this back up. The only thing I backed up was my text messages - and I DO use the Facebook app, which I know is notorious for being problematic. I plan to use FB via PC or web browser until I get this lag figured out. I did try the very test that I posted about here, and it's flawless. OBVS there's something up with smart switch or a rogue app, which I have NO clue how to determine.. Help a girl out...
    Hard to say. I would add the apps that I need the most a few at a time and test it. I think avoiding FB for a bit is wise.

I've had my since th 18th. I still have not fully loaded all the apps I had on my N4. I am waiting until I need them. My guess is many will never get loaded back on. Upgrading phones is like spring cleaning for me. Why did I have this crap on here to begin with?
    08-29-2016 09:36 PM
    I KNOW...same for me. I have a LOT of apps that I use for finances, business, scheduling.. I can't believe how much I do on my phone.
    08-29-2016 09:40 PM
    There is definitely lag on the Note 7... not sure why, definitely shouldn't be with the hardware behind it. But anyways, I was doing some stuff on my wife's N7 yesterday and I noticed lag just doing simple things where there definitely shouldn't. So I restarted her phone and tried again and same thing. Then I picked up my 6P and it's perfectly smooth doing the same things. Also... like I do with every new phone I get, I activated her phone and did any updates, then did a factory reset before I setup the phone for her with her accounts. Next I'm looking into disabling the bloat on this thing.

Kinda pisses me off, my wife complained about her old phone being slow and I spend this kind of money for something that doesn't seem much better. If it wasn't for the fact that she's so used to TouchWiz and she has a hard time getting used to something else I would have got her a nexus.
    But the main thing she wanted was a good camera, and the camera is awesome on the N7. I just don't think there should be tradeoffs with this phone.
    08-29-2016 09:56 PM
    with a fresh reset, everything is running really well -- does she use the FB app? I'm looking for the consistent offenders.. I might want to compare notes! I usually have IG, SnapChat, FB Messenger going as well. I did turn animations down to .5 and I disabled "briefing" from flipboard..
    08-29-2016 10:08 PM
    My Note 7 doesn't lag. But then again I don't have a Note 7. So this could explain the exact level of zero lag detected.
    ihbsbA and Inevitable Flux like this.
    08-29-2016 10:11 PM
    Hard to say. I would add the apps that I need the most a few at a time and test it. I think avoiding FB for a bit is wise.

I've had my since th 18th. I still have not fully loaded all the apps I had on my N4. I am waiting until I need them. My guess is many will never get loaded back on. Upgrading phones is like spring cleaning for me. Why did I have this crap on here to begin with?
    I always do this too and wonder how the hell I got all these apps and what did I need them for to begin with.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:11 PM
    My Note 7 doesn't lag. But then again I don't have a Note 7. So this could explain the exact level of zero lag detected.
    😐
    08-29-2016 10:36 PM
    No lag here. I only used Smart Switch after complete setup to transfer call log and text messages. Everything else was setup from scratch, and I've experienced no issues with lag.
    08-30-2016 07:56 AM
    Turn on bluetooth, connect a device, start your music. Then start your camera via double tap on the home button - try to switch modes by swiping left and right. It's literally taking 3-4 seconds for this to transpire and it's freezing in the meantime. The quick launch took three seconds from screen-off to launch...

Let's hear how yours is... For reference, my note 5 handles this task perfectly fine.
    I think you will find replicating that will have high variability, depending on the device connected to, music location, music app and other apps that might be in background. I can do the same thing even with the iPhone, MXPE and Note 4 and run into this sometimes.
    08-30-2016 08:09 AM
    No lag here. I did a clean set up.
    08-30-2016 10:44 AM