When tapping a link from the SMS/MMS app - it opens to a blank screen. In order to see what is intended, you have to drag the window partially down or go to the menu and tap open in browser.
    08-30-2016 05:37 AM
    Has this always been happening or something that developed over time? Try clearing cache for the messaging and browser apps to see if that resolves your issue.
    08-30-2016 06:31 AM
    When tapping a link from the SMS/MMS app - it opens to a blank screen. In order to see what is intended, you have to drag the window partially down or go to the menu and tap open in browser.
    Now that I think about it, this has been happening to me since day one. Thought it might've just been a bad link.
    08-30-2016 06:39 AM
    Yes, it's always been happening. Clearing cache in both apps hasn't resolved it.
    08-30-2016 06:41 AM
    Are you using the stock browser or a third party browser? Also does this happen when opening links within other apps?
    08-30-2016 06:51 AM
    That is weird indeed, if it happens with the stock Messages application you should think of reporting it as a bug.
    08-30-2016 06:59 AM
    Right now I'm using the stock browser but it actually opens in the stock browser when you tap 'open in browser' but whatever native browser the messaging app defaults to won't open it normally. Like I said, if you swipe down as if you're going to minimize the window, it appears as if it was already open.
    08-30-2016 07:02 AM
    This is something that has bothered me from day 1. I just recently realized by touching the menu button, you can open in the browser. How do we report it as a bug? Tia
    08-30-2016 07:12 AM
    Mine does the same thing. I use stock browser and cleared it's cache and the stock messaging cache as well
    08-30-2016 07:19 AM
    Same issue here. Haven't been able to find a solution.
    08-30-2016 07:44 AM
    FYI I'm on a live chat w/ Samsung. The agent had me boot the phone in safe mode to see if the issue would happen w/o third-party apps running. It works in safe mode so his suggestion is: Sameera K: It seems to be issue with some third party app on the phone that is causing issue. In this situation you have two options to fix the issue from your end.
    Sameera K: The first is to uninstall third party apps one after the other and check the result periodically. The other option is to factory reset the phone so this would help you to fix the software glitch on the phone if any.
    08-30-2016 07:50 AM
    It tries to open the link in the messaging app mini browser. Happens to me to. There was another thread about this. Links will open in your default browser if you use a different messaging app. It's stupid, but I just use the Verizon messaging app now and opens links fine.
    08-30-2016 07:50 AM
    Same... That is another issue I found. I had to take the link and copy/paste to another browser. SUCKS!
    08-30-2016 07:55 AM
    I spoke too soon. The first link opened but then it went right back to opening to a blank page. The Samsung agent's suggestion is to factory reset the phone but I already did that the other day.
    08-30-2016 08:00 AM
    I spoke too soon. The first link opened but then it went right back to opening to a blank page. The Samsung agent's suggestion is to factory reset the phone but I already did that the other day.
    Won't resolve. I have done that and had the rep last night do the restore on the phone at the store. Still does it... Still crashes as well while typing. (another issue, but not related)
    08-30-2016 08:01 AM
    I have the same issue. There is a thread about it somewhere, and another thread in the Galaxy S7 forum where they're experiencing the issue too. Definitely a bug.
    08-30-2016 08:25 AM
    Alright - I have done some more digging and have come up with the following.

The built-in browser is a feature of the stock messaging app. As annoying as it is, it seems that it can't be disabled either.

As a workaround, by using a third-party messaging app you wont have this issue anymore.
    08-30-2016 08:41 AM
    Alright - I have done some more digging and have come up with the following.

The built-in browser is a feature of the stock messaging app. As annoying as it is, it seems that it can't be disabled either.

As a workaround, by using a third-party messaging app you wont have this issue anymore.
    I installed the Google Messenger app. It doesn't have this issue, but it also doesn't let you lock individual messages. So it fixed one problem for me but created another.
    08-30-2016 09:09 AM
    I installed the Google Messenger app. It doesn't have this issue, but it also doesn't let you lock individual messages. So it fixed one problem for me but created another.
    I see your predicament but life is full of compromises my friend! Guess you're going to have to choose between the privacy of your messages and the inconvenience of opening links in that way.

Having said that, you should never have been put in that position to choose in the first place. It's a nice idea by Samsung but executed poorly and at the very least you should have the ability to switch it off.
    08-30-2016 09:28 AM
    Been having this same issue, glad it's not just me. I just use the open in browser option, but agree it's a pain and hope it gets fixed
    08-30-2016 10:25 AM
    FYI - Android Webview is the problem. Disable it and load the earlier version. Fixes issue. Learned that from Dave1 on a different post.
    ajb1965 and queenren like this.
    09-06-2016 11:37 AM
    FYI - Android Webview is the problem. Disable it and load the earlier version. Fixes issue. Learned that from Dave1 on a different post.
    Fixes the issue? Meaning it opens in your default browser of choice? Or do you just mean that stupid little messages app browser will render the page?

For me at least, I won't consider this fixed until links open up in my default web browser.
    09-06-2016 01:53 PM
    When I say "fix" I mean the link opens within the text message as they intended it to. What you're suggesting is a different feature or action, that's a different story.
    09-06-2016 02:02 PM
    Found out when you put phone in landscape it opens link.. if not i have to open in browser! Strange
    09-06-2016 02:16 PM
    That ridiculous glitch led me right back to Yaata.
    09-06-2016 03:48 PM