I wanted to address an issue im having with my phone. Background: I pre-ordered the phone from Best Buy (Verizon variant), received on the 19th. For about a week, I wasn't using my phone much so it never went below 50%, light usage for me. But a few days ago I decided to try to deplete my battery. For the past 3 days my phone reaches close to 40%, it then dies 0% and reboots within seconds. Im not doing anything different in how im using my phone. First time I was watching a Flossy Carter video, 2nd time playing Subway surfer trying to deplete battery, 3rd time I merely turned the phone on. I posted screen shots to show what is happening. So after 3 days straight of this happening, I take it to Best Buy yesterday. They flashed the phone (whatever the heck that is) and told me it shouldn't happen again. Well low and behold, that evening it drops from 40%-0% within seconds. I will definitely take it back because within 14 days. They only have silver in stock. I have black, not sure if i'll have to wait for them to pre-order another color or be stuck with silver. Silver is not bad, kind of shiny, but prefer black. I need help. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Weird Battery Phenomenom......Proof Inside 40%-0% in seconds-screenshot_20160828-205523.jpg   Weird Battery Phenomenom......Proof Inside 40%-0% in seconds-screenshot_20160829-210435.jpg   Weird Battery Phenomenom......Proof Inside 40%-0% in seconds-screenshot_20160829-223632.jpg  
    08-30-2016 09:23 AM
    That's strange. Does charging it have the same issue? Like, does it spike at 40% or restart, or anything weird, or is it just during battery discharge that it glitches.

I'd bring this one back since Best Buy has that short 15 day return window. It could be hardware and you don't want to mess around with the hardware issues.
    Dukins likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:35 AM
    That's strange. Does charging it have the same issue? Like, does it spike at 40% or restart, or anything weird, or is it just during battery discharge that it glitches.

I'd bring this one back since Best Buy has that short 15 day return window. It could be hardware and you don't want to mess around with the hardware issues.
    Charging it doesn't have the same issue. Only happens during battery discharge. If they dont have my color in stock, do i have to take whats in stock?
    08-30-2016 09:38 AM
    Charging it doesn't have the same issue. Only happens during battery discharge. If they dont have my color in stock, do i have to take whats in stock?
    Do you have another BB near you? Also with other items, a BB can order from any BB on the country and have it sent to them. I don't know if they can do that with phones or not.
    08-30-2016 09:40 AM
    a) Take it back and remember the day you purchased it counts towards your 14 days.
    b) You do not have to take what they have. You can either order a new black one or find another store who has a black on in stock. Or you can return it completely and go straight to a Verizon store and get one if they have it in stock.
    mstrblueskys and Dukins like this.
    08-30-2016 09:42 AM
    Do you have another BB near you? Also with other items, a BB can order from any BB on the country and have it sent to them. I don't know if they can do that with phones or not.
    Not with phones that are in high demand anymore. They stopped that a while back.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:43 AM
    a) Take it back and remember the day you purchased it counts towards your 14 days.
    b) You do not have to take what they have. You can either order a new black one or find another store who has a black on in stock. Or you can return it completely and go straight to a Verizon store and get one if they have it in stock.
    Thanks but I received promotional gifts (Fit 2, otterbox, and 4000mah battery charger) which I've sold in anticipation of not having any problems.I guess Verizon is out. Again thanks for the help, hopefully they can reorder my color, worst case scenario i'll take silver.

Will my replacement start the 14 day window again?
    08-30-2016 09:53 AM
    Ask - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on how they exchange it. I'd guess it will, but it'd be nice to know for sure if you have an issue in the first couple of weeks if you can talk to Best Buy again or if you have to deal with a warranty issue.

But yeah, exchange that baby asap.
    08-30-2016 09:58 AM
    Thanks but I received promotional gifts (Fit 2, otterbox, and 4000mah battery charger) which I've sold in anticipation of not having any problems.I guess Verizon is out. Again thanks for the help, hopefully they can reorder my color, worst case scenario i'll take silver.

If youve gotten rid of the promo items then you want to be very polite when you go in. Because the device has to be ordered and not simply exchanged they can refuse you without those items. They are essentially going to have to return your device and order another. There are ways around it but its going to be dependent on the store. Basically, how your going to be pushed to handle it is a warranty exchange and they may ask you to go through the manufacturer.

14 days is from original purchase unless you return and repurchase.

I worked geek squad for 5 years as a part time gig up until 2 years ago.
    08-30-2016 09:58 AM
    Thankfully I have a BB 10 minutes away. Guess I will be returning the phone today or awaiting a reorder.
    08-30-2016 10:11 AM
    Just exchanging it at BB shouldn't be an issue with the gifts unless someone wants to not be helpful. Get a manager if that happens.

I have 6 BB stores within 25 miles of me, so if one didn't have the color I could get them to call others and find it for me, hold it and I would exchange it there.
    08-30-2016 10:16 AM
    Just exchanging it at BB shouldn't be an issue with the gifts unless someone wants to not be helpful. Get a manager if that happens.

I have 6 BB stores within 25 miles of me, so if one didn't have the color I could get them to call others and find it for me, hold it and I would exchange it there.
    Exchanging it wont be an issue so if he grabs the silver one no problem. Ordering one will be an issue because it has to go through the "OMS" system. They will want to return the defective one and start a new order for the new blue one. At that point they wont return the defective one without the promos. It will be considered "some items missing" making it ineligible.

At this point Id take the silver one and call it a day unless you get a manager who will jump through a few hoops to get you a blue one.
    Dukins likes this.
    08-30-2016 10:21 AM
    Oh I would ask for sure, never hurts to ask.

Be prepared though, they will likely send you to the Samsung Experience counter first. Unless you have a knowledge Samsung person there, they will try and fiddle with it for a while before telling them it needs to be exchanged.
    08-30-2016 10:33 AM
    I had the same issue with my note 4 a couple years back. Definitely something with the phone because I switched batteries and it still did it. Had to get a replacement.
    08-30-2016 10:34 AM
    Someone else just posted about this very same issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=718505
    08-30-2016 10:50 AM
    Someone else just posted about this very same issue.

Phone died at 40% - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Thanks glad im not the only one. I won't let this dampen my love for the phone lol. Off to Best Buy I go. We'll see how it goes.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2016 01:46 PM
    Thanks glad im not the only one. I won't let this dampen my love for the phone lol. Off to Best Buy I go. We'll see how it goes.
    Let us know!
    08-30-2016 01:52 PM
    This is definitely a weird problem. I would just take whatever color is in stock
    08-30-2016 02:15 PM
    If mine does it again tonight, I'll be calling T-Mobile after work.
    08-30-2016 03:27 PM
    Oh I would return it for sure, I wouldn't wait to see if it does it again.
    08-30-2016 04:03 PM
    So I returned the phone last night. I had to take the silver version. So far so good. My 14 day window was reset, starting yesterday. So hopefully within these 14 days they will actually get my color in (black) and I can pay restocking fee to get color I want.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:21 AM
    So I returned the phone last night. I had to take the silver version. So far so good. My 14 day window was reset, starting yesterday. So hopefully within these 14 days they will actually get my color in (black) and I can pay restocking fee to get color I want.
    Thats awesome they reset your return period. If they do get the color you want they shouldnt charge you a restocking fee. They did away with those fees a few years back.
    Dukins likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:27 AM