When can we expect a T-Mobile software update?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Im on T-Mobile. At this point I feel like a software update could go a long ways in fixing the performance issues. Does anyone know of something in the pipes?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: When can we expect a software updatde?

T-Mobile is currently preparing Android N for the Note 7. It is in their testing labs. As for any other updates -- who knows? Maybe we will get one next month with the security update (hopefully). I am not having any performance issues so I am not too concerned about having an update.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

If you are asking about software update schedules for a Samsung carrier device, you're in for a bad time. Could be this afternoon, next month or 8 months from now. Nobody knows. Don't expect anything if you have something other than a Nexus. (not trolling, I have and love a Note 7)

Basically you buy it for the software that's on it out of the box. Everything else is gravy, sadly.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

If you are asking about software update schedules for a Samsung carrier device, you're in for a bad time. Could be this afternoon, next month or 8 months from now. Nobody knows. Don't expect anything if you have something other than a Nexus. (not trolling, I have and love a Note 7)

Basically you buy it for the software that's on it out of the box. Everything else is gravy, sadly.

This has not been my experience with Samsung and T-mobile. I have been getting regular monthly security updates since I got the S7, and expect it to continue on my Note

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2