Best Keyboard?

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I never had so many issues with texting or typing with my iPhone. What is it with the stock keyboard that makes it so hard with the Note 7? I thought it would get better with use but not so much. What is your favorite keyboard? I've always used stock so not sure which one to try. Thanks!

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Google Keyboard over to Swiftkey. I like having the number row and SK provides that option and a lot more useful tweaks.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Stock keyboard is Samsung's keyboard. The functionality is different, as is the customization. The biggest difference, though, is that SwiftKey's predictions are light years ahead of Samsung's.
I thought it was also the same keyboard as it swipes just the same.

IMO though, and this is just because I'm just coming from a BlackBerry device... BB had the best VKB out there hands down. not even needing to swipe, but simply flick letters and words to compose conversations and messages was so fast and intuitive. I really miss that keyboard.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I liked Samsung's keyboard because unlike Google's it is smart enough to know not to put a space after '@gmail.'

Does swiftkey have that built in too? Entering forms on Google's keyboard is so painful.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Stock keyboard is Samsung's keyboard. The functionality is different, as is the customization. The biggest difference, though, is that SwiftKey's predictions are light years ahead of Samsung's.

https://blog.swiftkey.com/samsung-keyboard-security-vulnerability-swiftkey/

"We supply Samsung with the core technology that powers the word predictions in their keyboard via an SDK – which is distinct from a pre-installed app (you can learn more about this here). We are doing everything we can to support our long-time partner Samsung in their efforts to resolve this important security issue."

....?

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was also the same keyboard as it swipes just the same.

IMO though, and this is just because I'm just coming from a BlackBerry device... BB had the best VKB out there hands down. not even needing to swipe, but simply flick letters and words to compose conversations and messages was so fast and intuitive. I really miss that keyboard.

Have you considered installing the Blackberry vkb?

Just Google "Blackberry manager", first hit should help you out.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been a long time Swiftkey user and the prediction engine is still top of the hill IMO. I tend to predict my way through sentences with Swiftkey. If you're more of an actual brute force typer, I'd probably go with the Google keyboard which is a little more responsive for straight typing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood