Best Keyboard?

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Personally I hate the swiftkey keyboard. I tried the Google one. The best keyboard for me is the blackberry keyboard.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought SwiftKey years ago. Best keyboard so far. But they did go downhill when MS bought them. Now that it's a free app, I don't feel it's as good as it used to be. But it's still my favourite keyboard and I highly recommend it.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry keyboard is a great alternative. For me the swipe action and the Multi language automatic switch are what I like best

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
https://blog.swiftkey.com/samsung-keyboard-security-vulnerability-swiftkey/

"We supply Samsung with the core technology that powers the word predictions in their keyboard via an SDK – which is distinct from a pre-installed app (you can learn more about this here). We are doing everything we can to support our long-time partner Samsung in their efforts to resolve this important security issue."

....?
Doesn't mean that it's the same. The core is just that, the core. It's not the whole package.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't mean that it's the same. The core is just that, the core. It's not the whole package.

It is basically the same. Swiftkey even says it's white labeled. Which means it's created by another company (swiftkey), stripped of the selling company's (swiftkey's) branding, and branded by the purchasing company (Samsung) .

In other words, it's the same exact word prediction algorithm, learning, and features with Samsung's skin and added features on top of it.

It would be the equivalent of saying HTC and Samsung don't run the same software on their phones. This is true to an extent, but for the most part they are both running Android with skins on top.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
But to answer the question, I use BlackBerry's keyboard, just my preference.
What method did you use to get the BB VKB?

I am already running the Hub+ app, and I've read that you can't use cobalt's BB Manager app along side the official HUB+ app because it will go a little wonky.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I had Swiftkey which I loved on Note 5. I moved to iPhone and now this. When using Swiftkey on the N7 it was horrid. Awful. Predictions are terrible. Not sure what happened.

I'm using Google Keyboard and it's very accurate. I can tell you my iPhone keyboard was very precise with predictions and corrections. That's a feature i miss. I find myself taking about 30% longer to write emails now.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What method did you use to get the BB VKB?

I am already running the Hub+ app, and I've read that you can't use cobalt's BB Manager app along side the official HUB+ app because it will go a little wonky.

I'm using BB manager alongside the HUB app downloaded from playstore. Zero issues

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thats the best thing about Android, you can choose what you want to use. Nobody telling you can only use one thing and have to be stuck with it, like crapple!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've stuck with Samsung's so far. After 12 days it's finally getting a little better. I remember when I first switched to Google's keyboard on my last phone it took about a month for it to get good for me. I think the Samsung will learn your typing style eventually, but patience is key.

I may try SwiftKey again though because I like the idea of the cursor arrows. They didn't have that years ago when I used it. The thing I miss most about my iPhone kb is being able to use 3D Touch as a cursor on the entire keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney