Right... This has never happened to me before

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I've used a couple phone throughout my years but never have I had a phone that has crashed on me 5+ times hours after it gets put on for the first time.

At this point, it won't even let me factory reset in peace.

Is there something actually wrong with the Note 7 build?? Because I'm partly worried and partly frustrated

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've used a couple phone throughout my years but never have I had a phone that has crashed on me 5+ times hours after it gets put on for the first time.

At this point, it won't even let me factory reset in peace.

Is there something actually wrong with the Note 7 build?? Because I'm partly worried and partly frustrated

Honestly, it sounds like there is likely something wrong with it. I would personally try to exchange it. Have you tried a factory reset from the recovery screen? The one that, when your phone is off, you hold the power, home and volume up buttons all at the same time until you see small blue writing in the upper left corner that says "recovery booting"? Then use the volume down button and tab down to "wipe data/factory reset" and push the power button?

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, it sounds like there is likely something wrong with it. I would personally try to exchange it. Have you tried a factory reset from the recovery screen? The one that, when your phone is off, you hold the power, home and volume up buttons all at the same time until you see small blue writing in the upper left corner that says "recovery booting"? Then use the volume down button and tab down to "wipe data/factory reset" and push the power button?

Gonna try that now

vjh425

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with mine since getting it a week ago. If the restore doesn't work, I would definitely request new one.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Was tentatively working. I installed 5 apps and it crashed.

I can't say I'm not disappointed tbh. I guess I expected way too much out the gate and should have tempered my expectations properly. Because the phone has let me down.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
It appears more like if I want to install anything, I'd have to do it one at a time. and then take a break or something

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your phone is defective. Mine hasn't crashed once since I've got it. It's been run through a lot. Get yours exchanged or you'll be complaining about it forever. Defects happen and crashing like that is unacceptable.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Fourteen days. I would start with hard factory reset. After that if there were still issues I would go straight to a Sprint store for an exchange.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I installed all of my apps at the same time. I don't think I've seen an app crash yet. It definitely sounds like you got a lemon. I would take it back to the retailer and explain the situation and get a new one. They should waive the restocking fee because it's a legitimate problem.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a default range of how long you can request for an exchange for? 3 months? 1 year?
Depends on where you bought it. Usually 14 days, Costco is 90 days. After that and up to 1 year, you can request a warranty exchange but it would likely be a refurbished device

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys

used it for the rest of today and it crashed four times. While better than yesterday, it's still bad... Oh so I thought. The phone is currently mid crash, stuck on the welcome screen and non-responsive. I am literally aggravated now because it's my main phone atm. If not for the fact that I have a 2nd phone somewhere, i'd be losing my mind right about now.

If there was any argument for a removeable battery, this is one. I called up carphone warehouse during my lunch break and they agreed to let me exchange which I've planned for Saturday/ It's looking more like I'd have to go there earlier now.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

used it for the rest of today and it crashed four times. While better than yesterday, it's still bad... Oh so I thought. The phone is currently mid crash, stuck on the welcome screen and non-responsive. I am literally aggravated now because it's my main phone atm. If not for the fact that I have a 2nd phone somewhere, i'd be losing my mind right about now.

If there was any argument for a removeable battery, this is one. I called up carphone warehouse during my lunch break and they agreed to let me exchange which I've planned for Saturday/ It's looking more like I'd have to go there earlier now.
Glad the will do the exchange for you. Sounds like the best route. Best of luck with the new one.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

Oh wait.. You have the international one. You need to report this to Samsung.

Also you might luck out with a new one, but it could happen again.

Last edited:

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh wait.. You have the international one. You need to report this to Samsung.

Also you might luck out with a bee one, but it could happen again.

If I did report to Samsung, what should I expect them to do? Won't it be best to just go via the provider that got me the phone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If I did report to Samsung, what should I expect them to do? Won't it be best to just go via the provider that got me the phone?
It would likely be best right now to get the provider to replace it, but this has been reported to Samsung so you need to let them know you are experiencing the same thing.