I've used a couple phone throughout my years but never have I had a phone that has crashed on me 5+ times hours after it gets put on for the first time.

At this point, it won't even let me factory reset in peace.

Is there something actually wrong with the Note 7 build?? Because I'm partly worried and partly frustrated
    08-30-2016 12:13 PM
    I've used a couple phone throughout my years but never have I had a phone that has crashed on me 5+ times hours after it gets put on for the first time.

At this point, it won't even let me factory reset in peace.

Is there something actually wrong with the Note 7 build?? Because I'm partly worried and partly frustrated
    Honestly, it sounds like there is likely something wrong with it. I would personally try to exchange it. Have you tried a factory reset from the recovery screen? The one that, when your phone is off, you hold the power, home and volume up buttons all at the same time until you see small blue writing in the upper left corner that says "recovery booting"? Then use the volume down button and tab down to "wipe data/factory reset" and push the power button?
    08-30-2016 12:24 PM
    Honestly, it sounds like there is likely something wrong with it. I would personally try to exchange it. Have you tried a factory reset from the recovery screen? The one that, when your phone is off, you hold the power, home and volume up buttons all at the same time until you see small blue writing in the upper left corner that says "recovery booting"? Then use the volume down button and tab down to "wipe data/factory reset" and push the power button?
    Gonna try that now
    08-30-2016 12:27 PM
    If a factory data reset doesn't work then I would request an exchange
    08-30-2016 02:30 PM
    I haven't had any problems with mine since getting it a week ago. If the restore doesn't work, I would definitely request new one.
    08-30-2016 02:31 PM
    Was tentatively working. I installed 5 apps and it crashed.

I can't say I'm not disappointed tbh. I guess I expected way too much out the gate and should have tempered my expectations properly. Because the phone has let me down.
    08-30-2016 03:30 PM
    It appears more like if I want to install anything, I'd have to do it one at a time. and then take a break or something
    08-30-2016 03:31 PM
    Your phone is defective. Mine hasn't crashed once since I've got it. It's been run through a lot. Get yours exchanged or you'll be complaining about it forever. Defects happen and crashing like that is unacceptable.
    08-30-2016 03:36 PM
    If a factory data reset doesn't work then I would request an exchange
    Is there a default range of how long you can request for an exchange for? 3 months? 1 year?
    08-30-2016 03:36 PM
    Fourteen days. I would start with hard factory reset. After that if there were still issues I would go straight to a Sprint store for an exchange.
    Averix likes this.
    08-30-2016 03:38 PM
    I installed all of my apps at the same time. I don't think I've seen an app crash yet. It definitely sounds like you got a lemon. I would take it back to the retailer and explain the situation and get a new one. They should waive the restocking fee because it's a legitimate problem.
    Averix likes this.
    08-30-2016 03:39 PM
    Is there a default range of how long you can request for an exchange for? 3 months? 1 year?
    Depends on where you bought it. Usually 14 days, Costco is 90 days. After that and up to 1 year, you can request a warranty exchange but it would likely be a refurbished device
    ShiftTab likes this.
    08-30-2016 04:08 PM
    Hey guys

used it for the rest of today and it crashed four times. While better than yesterday, it's still bad... Oh so I thought. The phone is currently mid crash, stuck on the welcome screen and non-responsive. I am literally aggravated now because it's my main phone atm. If not for the fact that I have a 2nd phone somewhere, i'd be losing my mind right about now.

If there was any argument for a removeable battery, this is one. I called up carphone warehouse during my lunch break and they agreed to let me exchange which I've planned for Saturday/ It's looking more like I'd have to go there earlier now.
    08-31-2016 05:11 PM
    Hey guys

used it for the rest of today and it crashed four times. While better than yesterday, it's still bad... Oh so I thought. The phone is currently mid crash, stuck on the welcome screen and non-responsive. I am literally aggravated now because it's my main phone atm. If not for the fact that I have a 2nd phone somewhere, i'd be losing my mind right about now.

If there was any argument for a removeable battery, this is one. I called up carphone warehouse during my lunch break and they agreed to let me exchange which I've planned for Saturday/ It's looking more like I'd have to go there earlier now.
    Glad the will do the exchange for you. Sounds like the best route. Best of luck with the new one.
    08-31-2016 05:48 PM
    Glad the will do the exchange for you. Sounds like the best route. Best of luck with the new one.
    Thanks. At the moment, I'm just terribly saddened by this.
    08-31-2016 05:54 PM
    Hey guys

Oh wait.. You have the international one. You need to report this to Samsung.

Also you might luck out with a new one, but it could happen again.
    08-31-2016 06:35 PM
    This is an issue being reported on the Exynos version.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-...ckgate_id84611
    08-31-2016 06:38 PM
    Oh wait.. You have the international one. You need to report this to Samsung.

Also you might luck out with a bee one, but it could happen again.
    If I did report to Samsung, what should I expect them to do? Won't it be best to just go via the provider that got me the phone?
    08-31-2016 07:19 PM
    If I did report to Samsung, what should I expect them to do? Won't it be best to just go via the provider that got me the phone?
    It would likely be best right now to get the provider to replace it, but this has been reported to Samsung so you need to let them know you are experiencing the same thing.
    08-31-2016 07:30 PM
    It would likely be best right now to get the provider to replace it, but this has been reported to Samsung so you need to let them know you are experiencing the same thing.
    Get the exchange phone THEN advise Samsung about the issue and exchange.
    09-01-2016 12:00 AM
    Couldn't get a new phone thanks to this...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ry-issues.html

Fun week, really.
    09-02-2016 06:05 AM