I can't get Chase's app to work with fingerprint sign-in and Chase claims it must be something with the Note 7 (i.e., they told me to FU). Has anyone had success with using fingerprint login with any banking app?
    Thx in advance, J
    08-30-2016 01:58 PM
    Bank of America app works perfectly.
    mmsean likes this.
    08-30-2016 02:17 PM
    I can't get Chase's app to work with fingerprint sign-in and Chase claims it must be something with the Note 7 (i.e., they told me to FU). Has anyone had success with using fingerprint login with any banking app?
    Thx in advance, J
    I have both Chase and B of A and both work with the fingerprint sensor fine. You have to turn the setting on in Chase.
    08-30-2016 02:23 PM
    I have both Bank of America and Chase. BoA has always worked well. I just tried Chase for the first time and it let me in on the first try.
    08-30-2016 02:23 PM
    Thx in advance, J
    Chase, Bank of America, Paypal work with it. Citibank doesn't have any fingerprint option.
    08-30-2016 02:26 PM
    I am using mine with Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU)
    08-30-2016 02:45 PM
    Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it?
    08-30-2016 02:48 PM
    Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it?
    Yes, just tried that and still no go.
    Do people have phone set to unlock phone with fingerprint? (I am just using swiping and wonder if that's it.) And when you open the Chase app is there anything that prompts you to try fingerprint login or do you just stick your finger on the fingerprint reader and it then bypasses the prompt for the password?

(P.s., for me, fingerprint sign-in IS working great with Samsung Pay, even with Swipe selected for lock screen)
    08-30-2016 02:55 PM
    B of A, Wells Fargo, and my credit union work great.
    08-30-2016 03:23 PM
    US Bank app supported it on iPhone, not on Note 7
    08-30-2016 03:31 PM
    BofA, Chase, PayPal all working great with fingerprint login inside the Secure Folder.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-30-2016 03:39 PM
    Chase and BofA are both working for me. Just double checked them.
    08-30-2016 03:39 PM
    US Bank, Discover Bank and my prepaid Gobank card had these options on my iPhone, not my Note 7
    08-30-2016 05:17 PM
    B of A, Wells Fargo, and my credit union work great.
    Are you sure it works on Wells Fargo's app?
    08-30-2016 05:18 PM
    Yes, just tried that and still no go.
    Do people have phone set to unlock phone with fingerprint? (I am just using swiping and wonder if that's it.) And when you open the Chase app is there anything that prompts you to try fingerprint login or do you just stick your finger on the fingerprint reader and it then bypasses the prompt for the password?

(P.s., for me, fingerprint sign-in IS working great with Samsung Pay, even with Swipe selected for lock screen)
    Yes. You have to set the phone up to unlock with your fingerprint. I'll bet it works after that.
    Jimmy Bernstein likes this.
    08-31-2016 03:11 AM
    Yes. You have to set the phone up to unlock with your fingerprint. I'll bet it works after that.
    Ah--thanks for letting me know. Not worth it for me, in that case. One thing I appreciate about Samsung Pay is I only need the fingerprint at checkout.
    08-31-2016 06:20 AM
    Ah--thanks for letting me know. Not worth it for me, in that case. One thing I appreciate about Samsung Pay is I only need the fingerprint at checkout.
    No problem. May I ask why you wouldn't want to use the fingerprint scanner on the phone? Is it just that you don't want to lock your phone? For what it's worth, the fingerprint scanner works very quickly. I think it's worth it as I use it for a number of other apps as well. Everyone is different though.
    08-31-2016 08:46 AM
    I guess I just am now used to quickly being able to open the phone without having to really look at it. I have been impressed by how quickly the Note 7's fingerprint scanner reads, though. What other apps do you use that utilize the scanner?
    09-01-2016 02:43 AM
    Thx in advance, J
    I have chase and it works for me. Do you get an error trying to setup or is it just saying try again. With my case on i have to in place my thumb a certain way-not a big deal just need to make sure it covers the button. It works better for me with the note 7 than the note 5 did
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:32 AM
    On my chase app, I could use the fingerprint to log in to the app but still needed to enter password to do any transfers or other options. So I turned the fingerprint option off. I would use the fingerprint to enter the app then need to put the password in anyways to transfer money. With it off I only need to enter the password to get into the app and transfer money. But this may have changed in newer app updates.
    09-01-2016 04:52 AM
    Just using swipe to open the phone is slower than using the fingerprint scanner imo.... It takes 2 actions to swipe open (1. turn phone on 2. swipe) With the fingerprint scanner, you just press the home button, leaving finger on it and it opens.
    cwbcpa and Jimmy Bernstein like this.
    09-01-2016 05:00 AM
    Just a note that you all were right--unlocking phone with fingerprint is actually easier than swiping. "Smart Lock" (or something like that) feature helps too in that phone won't lock so long I'm home or I"m paired with my smart-watch. In any case, Chase app is a lot more user-friendly now as well.
    Thanks very much kind internet strangers.
    09-01-2016 08:39 AM
    Okay i had the same issue after an update. I figured it out. Log in. Turn off fingerprints. Turn on fingerprints. Log out then in and it should work fine. Ive just done this and now they all work as they should.
    Hope this helps.
    05-01-2018 12:31 PM
    I do I sign up
    06-21-2018 02:55 PM