09-23-2016 05:40 AM
91 1234
tools
    Anyone using the Pandora edge panel know an easy way to get pictures on there?
    08-31-2016 10:30 AM
    Shout out to everyone who explained how to create folders on the Apps edge panel. This alone will allow me to clean up my home screens a great deal.
    08-31-2016 11:09 AM
    I can't really come up with a use for it. I have Nova Prime so I have the scrolling dock and just add the additional apps that I use frequently to that. Its just as quick or maybe slightly faster than the side bar. I also have swipeable icons so I can assign a swipe action to the icons on the home screen. I'm not sure what I'd put in the panel that I don't already have access to from my home screen.
    08-31-2016 11:46 AM

I wish there were panels for creating Textra messages and Google Inbox messages. Haven't found them yet, and they would be very helpful.
    If you are just looking for frequently texted contacts, just create a message widget for that person your homescreen. After that, that person will appear in the tasks panel to add to your edge. You can even delete the home screen shortcut(s) after that and they will remain on your edge panel if you have already added them. I've done this with a few folks and it works great with Textra.
    08-31-2016 01:42 PM
    Not using them at present. Doubt I will. Don't like 'em. Don't need 'em. Don't want 'em. (for the time being). Wish the screen wasn't curved. Distorts a lot of information and make is less legible.
    This is exactly what I thought at first until I challenged myself to try out the panel and see if I could make it useful. Turns out I could, and now I really like it. I'm usually someone who hates change, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    08-31-2016 02:05 PM
    I guess I was confused because there is the home screen and other screens when you swipe right that you could add apps to. So that seems similar to me.
    This is what I thought at first, too. "I have my home pages and widgets set up for quick access, why do I need this edge panel?" Turns out swiping with just one thumb and having things right there in one location is a lot easier than swiping to different home screens and tapping on widgets to get things to open. At least for me.
    Serkle K and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-31-2016 02:08 PM
    How do add the Pandora task?
    There is an app you have to download from the Galaxy app store called Edge Stations. There is also a video that explains how to use it on the app download page.
    08-31-2016 02:10 PM
    Anyone using the Pandora edge panel know an easy way to get pictures on there?
    I just searched google images for the band/artist/etc and downloaded my favorite picture from what was available.
    08-31-2016 02:12 PM
    Just drag and drop two apps onto each other in the edge edit screen.
    I tried dragging an app over another one to create a folder, I moved then slowly and quickly, but all it did was move the other app over.
    08-31-2016 07:14 PM
    I tried dragging an app over another one to create a folder, I moved then slowly and quickly, but all it did was move the other app over.
    You can only make a folder if you drag from the left pane.

frope01 and gogoplata1980 like this.
    08-31-2016 07:25 PM
    Ah, got it. From left of screen to right panel. Thank you.
    08-31-2016 07:32 PM
    There is a great download called Edge Bookmarks. I use this for quick swipes to internet browser bookmarks. You can even select which browser will open.

souffoue likes this.
    08-31-2016 08:02 PM
    The edge screen as is, is useless really. My UI let's me put everything where I need it anyways. Maybe if Samsung would listen to people on how to improve it the edge would be more useful. I'd pay to see the edges light up like a Christmas tree till it bled the battery dry if I wanted to tell it to, and they could do it right.
    08-31-2016 08:17 PM
    Stocks and sports scores... I love and and I LOVE Edge Lighting
    08-31-2016 10:06 PM
    What is that Now playing edge? Did u download that?
    08-31-2016 10:07 PM
    Yes. Many people like a clean home screen. I often change my wallpaper and I like to see it, not a bunch of apps. So between the edge panels, and swipepad, I have quick access to everything I use but nothing is visible on my homescreen except my wallpaper and clock.
    I like that idea!
    frope01 likes this.
    09-01-2016 02:19 PM
    Favorite Contacts #1
    Email & Meassages
    Google
    09-01-2016 02:37 PM
    I previously had the S6 Edge+ before my Note 7 and I actually disabled my edge panel since I never used it.

With my Note I find it so easy and comfortable to swipe the edge and get to my most used apps like phone , textra and whatnot.

I also downloaded Nova Launcher and now my Home Screen is super duper clean
    Attachment 237856
    Attachment 237857
    Great looking Family !
    09-01-2016 02:41 PM
    Yep, that's the one! The video is very helpful re: how to set it up. Some reviews complain about pictures not auto-populating.
    I have watched the video, but am struggling setting it up. When I share to e-mail , it is taking me to a draft e-mail rather than showing me the edge stations option.
    09-01-2016 03:39 PM
    I have watched the video, but am struggling setting it up. When I share to e-mail , it is taking me to a draft e-mail rather than showing me the edge stations option.
    which email service is your default? i was using cloud magic
    09-01-2016 03:40 PM
    which email service is your default? i was using cloud magic
    Gmail. I tried it with both Gmail and the stock e-mail app.
    09-01-2016 03:46 PM
    Gmail. I tried it with both Gmail and the stock e-mail app.
    That's annoying. Maybe either contact the dev or try installing cloud magic just for this purpose?
    09-01-2016 05:55 PM
    Calendar, emergency contacts, and apps i use regularly but not everyday
    09-01-2016 06:08 PM
    This is what I thought at first, too. "I have my home pages and widgets set up for quick access, why do I need this edge panel?" Turns out swiping with just one thumb and having things right there in one location is a lot easier than swiping to different home screens and tapping on widgets to get things to open. At least for me.
    Thanks! I'm gonna keep playing around with it.
    09-05-2016 03:47 PM
    I do not use the Samsung music app as I have never been able to get music on there. I use the Google play music app. When I added the music panel to my edge panels it brings up the Samsung MUSIC. Is there a way to change this to google play music? TIA!
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    09-05-2016 03:52 PM
91 1234