What do you use your edge screen panels for?

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Wondering what everyone is using their Edge screen panels for. At first I didn't really get how or why I'd want to use it, but now I'm using it every day.
So far my favorite things are:

-Pandora Stations edge panel - you can program in your favorite pandora stations and have quick access to them. Loads a lot faster than trying to open up the Pandora app and navigate to a particular station.

-Tasks Edge - good for 3 things so far:
1) quickest way I've found for sending texts to people you repeatedly text or viewing your text history.
2) shortcut to your clock timer (helpful if you're cooking or trying to time something. Easier than navigating to the clock and then timer.
3) create event/task - fast way to add something to your calendar

Anyone else discover anything surprisingly useful?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I only have the apps edge running right now. I like having my favorite apps a flick away so I can keep my home screen clean

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I am a first time user and I am not sure exactly what the edge panels are for. Can't you put the same info on your screens? . I guess I'm not sure how to properly use them and what the advantage to using them is.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a first time user and I am not sure exactly what the edge panels are for. Can't you put the same info on your screens? . I guess I'm not sure how to properly use them and what the advantage to using them is.

It can be as simple as app shortcuts, or there are news panels and other widget type panels that can be used. It's really just a different way to organize your phone. A right swipe for favorite contacts, apps, or places etc, or a right swipe to your Pandora or CNN feed

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't be enough room on one screen to hold everything the edge panel can... I love having a clean screen and all my go to item's just a flick away....

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I use the CNN panel cause I don't really keep up with the news but I can run there if anything happens..... People edge to have my top 5 contacts there as shortcuts to text or call and I keep apps edge for the few apps I use but don't want on my home screen like calculator, my files, notes, translate and I also keep my secure folder icon there..

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't be enough room on one screen to hold everything the edge panel can... I love having a clean screen and all my go to item's just a flick away....
Yes. Many people like a clean home screen. I often change my wallpaper and I like to see it, not a bunch of apps. So between the edge panels, and swipepad, I have quick access to everything I use but nothing is visible on my homescreen except my wallpaper and clock.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's also great to flick the edge panel while an app is open. I usually check my gmail widget then tap out without missing a beat..

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Wondering what everyone is using their Edge screen panels for. At first I didn't really get how or why I'd want to use it, but now I'm using it every day.
So far my favorite things are:

-Pandora Stations edge panel - you can program in your favorite pandora stations and have quick access to them. Loads a lot faster than trying to open up the Pandora app and navigate to a particular station.

-Tasks Edge - good for 3 things so far:
1) quickest way I've found for sending texts to people you repeatedly text or viewing your text history.
2) shortcut to your clock timer (helpful if you're cooking or trying to time something. Easier than navigating to the clock and then timer.
3) create event/task - fast way to add something to your calendar

Anyone else discover anything surprisingly useful?
I have been searching for a Pandora edge panel and haven't found one. Do you mind posting a screenshot from the edge downloads so I know what to search for?

I am currently using 2 edges - People edge and apps edge. I love being able to clear up my homescreen by using apps edge. :)

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I mainly use it for apps, calendar, internet shortcuts

2c864381fc30f7778096f182119286c7.jpg

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching for a Pandora edge panel and haven't found one. Do you mind posting a screenshot from the edge downloads so I know what to search for?

I am currently using 2 edges - People edge and apps edge. I love being able to clear up my homescreen by using apps edge. :)
It's in the downloads

e74e88e5761e7d5f73b995cbcbb9f413.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How do I add the Pandora stations? I figured out how to put favorite contacts and favorite apps. Wasn't aware that you could do that with Pandora.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes