What do you use your edge screen panels for?

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The main one that I use is the widget panel. I've got Google now, Google keep, and the task widget. It's a quicker way to get to now than the home button, makes it quick to take notes if the pen is already put and I want to hop into keep, and let's me quickly add tasks to my calendar, so I can just have the main calendar widget on a home screen.

Sure, it's a fairly limited use, but I'm still glad I have it for those. I'm still trying to find more ways that I actually want to use it, though.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I previously had the S6 Edge+ before my Note 7 and I actually disabled my edge panel since I never used it.

With my Note I find it so easy and comfortable to swipe the edge and get to my most used apps like phone , textra and whatnot.

I also downloaded Nova Launcher and now my Home Screen is super duper clean
Screenshot_20160830-194244.png
Screenshot_20160830-194248.png

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Many people like a clean home screen. I often change my wallpaper and I like to see it, not a bunch of apps. So between the edge panels, and swipepad, I have quick access to everything I use but nothing is visible on my homescreen except my wallpaper and clock.
Thank you. I guess I was confused because there is the home screen and other screens when you swipe right that you could add apps to. So that seems similar to me. I'm looking forward to setting up the edge panels. Will probably have lots of questions.
Wouldn't be enough room on one screen to hold everything the edge panel can... I love having a clean screen and all my go to item's just a flick away....

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The main one that I use is the widget panel. I've got Google now, Google keep, and the task widget. It's a quicker way to get to now than the home button, makes it quick to take notes if the pen is already put and I want to hop into keep, and let's me quickly add tasks to my calendar, so I can just have the main calendar widget on a home screen.

Sure, it's a fairly limited use, but I'm still glad I have it for those. I'm still trying to find more ways that I actually want to use it, though.

I use it for Google Now as well - it is the fastest way to get to it. I am sure I will start to hit it for other apps at some point . . .

I also use the Finance widget and the people widget.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Wondering what everyone is using their Edge screen panels for. At first I didn't really get how or why I'd want to use it, but now I'm using it every day.
So far my favorite things are:

-Pandora Stations edge panel - you can program in your favorite pandora stations and have quick access to them. Loads a lot faster than trying to open up the Pandora app and navigate to a particular station.

-Tasks Edge - good for 3 things so far:
1) quickest way I've found for sending texts to people you repeatedly text or viewing your text history.
2) shortcut to your clock timer (helpful if you're cooking or trying to time something. Easier than navigating to the clock and then timer.
3) create event/task - fast way to add something to your calendar

Anyone else discover anything surprisingly useful?

How do add the Pandora task?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21