What do you use your edge screen panels for?

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I also like a clean screen, and the edge panels do have one big advantage. They can be accessed from with other apps, so you can access stuff without leaving what you were doing. I personally have the weather and my agenda accessible that way.

However, there are some significant downsides to this. Every panel you add creates more swipes to get to what you want. If I have to open the panel and swipe a couple times to get to an app I open many times a day (like Chrome), that is just irritating. Plus, the panels are animated a little to slowly for my tastes, and I don't like how they take up the whole screen while only letting you use one third.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I also like a clean screen, and the edge panels do have one big advantage. They can be accessed from with other apps, so you can access stuff without leaving what you were doing. I personally have the weather and my agenda accessible that way.

However, there are some significant downsides to this. Every panel you add creates more swipes to get to what you want. If I have to open the panel and swipe a couple times to get to an app I open many times a day (like Chrome), that is just irritating. Plus, the panels are animated a little to slowly for my tastes, and I don't like how they take up the whole screen while only letting you use one third.
I TOTALLY agree on the RED point. I put all that on the 2nd Home Screen.
On the BLUE point, I don't understand I pull out 1, the first, Edge Panel, but it doesn't take up the whole screen.

Peace. Alan

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I TOTALLY agree on the RED point. I put all that on the 2nd Home Screen.
On the BLUE point, I don't understand I pull out 1, the first, Edge Panel, but it doesn't take up the whole screen.

Peace. Alan

When I pull out a panel, about a third of the screen is used for links, info, or whatever. The other two thirds are blurred, and have nothing but a link to settings at the bottom and to some relevant app at the top. See the various screen shots of panels in this thread.

Now, it is not like I would be using the rest of the screen for anything when trying to interact with a panel. I just don't like how it looks. It feels inefficient. If the panel is going to take up the whole screen, then let me use all of that space for widgets or whatever.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
When I pull out a panel, about a third of the screen is used for links, info, or whatever. The other two thirds are blurred, and have nothing but a link to settings at the bottom and to some relevant app at the top. See the various screen shots of panels in this thread.

Now, it is not like I would be using the rest of the screen for anything when trying to interact with a panel. I just don't like how it looks. It feels inefficient. If the panel is going to take up the whole screen, then let me use all of that space for widgets or whatever.
Ahhh yes!!! I've been away from my Note 7 to have forgotten that. Good point. lol I think there's an app for that, HAH! An app that lets you modify how many columns and how many apps per column. I'm pretty sure.

Peace. Alan

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely love the Spotify Edge App. I hated always having to navigate thru Spotify to get to my most played playlists, now with the Edge App, I just have to click on the one I want and it will automatically play. LOVE IT!!

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
b8424e843f2c2a81392c2fa088f55554.jpg

Scores on my edge.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what happend but on the blank lock screen I did sothing and it displayed the spotify apt that was running so I swiped that and it went into a yahoo news ticker this was the full lenght of the screen in a very narrow margin not the normal edge view.
And by accident also realized can change songs on spotify on the lock screen when its lit.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I do not use the Samsung music app as I have never been able to get music on there. I use the Google play music app. When I added the music panel to my edge panels it brings up the Samsung MUSIC. Is there a way to change this to google play music? TIA!
Id like this info as well

Edit: there's a music edge you can buy where you add whatever player you want. I have not bought it yet so I'm not sure how well it works. There's also a free widget edge where you can add the widget of the music player you want. It's not as cool as the music edge but it's free. Lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty