09-01-2016 10:46 AM
113 ... 345
tools
    Yeah, that doesn't look good. I wonder how many others are like that.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5382201
    08-31-2016 08:49 PM
    This topic makes me wonder about how the IP66 stuff works? it seems like this flaw particularly would make the phone non-compliant. Does the IP66 rating give us any benefit as far as claims?
    08-31-2016 08:59 PM
    This topic makes me wonder about how the IP66 stuff works? it seems like this flaw particularly would make the phone non-compliant. Does the IP66 rating give us any benefit as far as claims?
    I have the gap and I submerged mine into water and nothing bad happened.
    09-01-2016 02:15 AM
    @vespesian You are very brave. Glad all is okay.
    Thanks - but it's not a big deal as it seems, really. The "gap" isn't really noticeable as such - only when you try to slip a (very) thin tip of a piece of paper between the top glass and metal frame, does it become apparent.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 02:48 AM
    If you people all read the entire post(someone else posted on the previous page), this topic would be dead. This is listed on page 228 of the Samsung Manual. The gap is supposed to be there, and it may slight increase (hence why SOME can slide paper in.)

A small gap appears around the outside of the device case
    • This gap is a necessary manufacturing feature and some minor rocking or vibration of
    parts may occur.
    • Over time, friction between parts may cause this gap to expand slightly.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_160817.pdf
    09-01-2016 04:29 AM
    With your phone on a white webpage in a dark room, and with the brightness turned up fully....Look directly at the side of the phone above the volume buttons and along the length of the webpage on the screen....Do you see a small gap with light coming through below the black paint on the glass and the metal? See pic.

This is not a reflection due to the curved glass, and it is not a simple build quality issue due to black painted area not going down far enough.

Mine is an actual gap that I can stick a corner of a piece of paper into quite far. It also disappears when I press down on that side of the screen.

My wife got the same phone at the same time, and hers is the same!

Who else has this issue?

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...psvrrsdn86.jpg
    That gap is supposed to be there. See this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ot-defect.html
    09-01-2016 05:20 AM
    Well the gaskets that create the seal are probably further in, away from the perimeter of the body. People saying that theirs doesn't have the 'issue' are just not discerning enough imo.

I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday and every Note 7 they had had the same 'issue'.
    09-01-2016 08:24 AM
    I imagine putting the seals towards the edge might cause them to leak if the phone flexes slightly. Whereas, if they are further in, flexing is less likely to cause the seal to crack.
    09-01-2016 08:27 AM
    I am sure someone posted this already, but there was a video and complaints on this from one of the major tech sites. Basically they said they use a paint/sealant right around that area. Samsung is aware of the issue but equates it to being normal. I have had 3 Note 7's already (replacements) 2 of them had this issue, the one I have currently does not. However it has other issues.
    09-01-2016 08:54 AM
    Well the gaskets that create the seal are probably further in, away from the perimeter of the body. People saying that theirs doesn't have the 'issue' are just not discerning enough imo.

I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday and every Note 7 they had had the same 'issue'.
    Lmao whatever I'm glad I DON'T have that "issue"
    09-01-2016 09:27 AM
    Lmao whatever I'm glad I DON'T have that "issue"
    Uh congrats? I guess.
    09-01-2016 09:42 AM
    Uh congrats? I guess.
    Thank you very much lol
    09-01-2016 09:55 AM
    We're going to consolidate this to one thread since we now have two threads open on it. Please see the below one so you can discuss about the gap / what the manual says and whatnot.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...sed-there.html

Thanks!
    Hoggles likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:46 AM
113 ... 345