So i got the note 7 yesterday... loving it however why doesnt my screen come on and automatucally give me a preview of a whatsapp or text message that ive received? The screen just stays off and i get a beep so everytime i have to wake my phone just to check what i have recieved. Even the 3210 phones woke and showed who the text was from automatically, what am i doing wrong? I get lock screen notifications but like i said, it stays asleep and doesnt wake (light up screen and show me without me touching it to wake).
    Screen always on is disabled by the way and im running in default screen mode etc.

Please help! Exynos unlocked version
    08-31-2016 04:54 AM
    So i got the note 7 yesterday... loving it however why doesnt my screen come on and automatucally give me a preview of a whatsapp or text message that ive received? The screen just stays off and i get a beep so everytime i have to wake my phone just to check what i have recieved. Even the 3210 phones woke and showed who the text was from automatically, what am i doing wrong? I get lock screen notifications but like i said, it stays asleep and doesnt wake (light up screen and show me without me touching it to wake).
    Screen always on is disabled by the way and im running in default screen mode etc.

Please help! Exynos unlocked version
    I asked the same question and I believe it doesn't do that from the lock screen OR it cannot do it if you have the AOD active. Not sure.

There are separate lock screen apps I think that allow this. Someone else might know better but I also would like that option as well.
    furby23 likes this.
    08-31-2016 05:00 AM
    My s6 is the same. Never thought about it that way. Would be a nice feature to have at a glance. Watching for a solution.
    furby23 likes this.
    08-31-2016 05:00 AM
    Wow. Surely not. It has an iris scanner but i cant glance at my notifications. Damn
    08-31-2016 05:16 AM
    Good question, I am interested in the answer too (I do not have a note 7 yet, so I can not experiment and help).
    08-31-2016 06:15 AM
    This may help From p 193 of Manual:

Notifications
    Change the notification settings for each app.
    On the Settings screen, tap Notifications.
    To customise notification settings, tap ADVANCED and select an app.
    • Allow notifications: Allow notifications from the selected app.
    • Set as priority: Display notifications at the top of the notification panel and include them
    in the allowed list when Do not disturb is activated.
    • Previews in pop-ups: Display notification previews in pop-up windows.
    • Show on lock screen: Display notifications from the selected app on the locked screen.
    • Show content on lock screen: Display the content of notifications from the selected app
    on the locked screen.
    • More settings: Customise additional notification settings for the selected app.
    furby23 likes this.
    08-31-2016 06:24 AM
    This may help From p 193 of Manual:

Notifications
    Change the notification settings for each app.
    On the Settings screen, tap Notifications.
    To customise notification settings, tap ADVANCED and select an app.
    • Allow notifications: Allow notifications from the selected app.
    • Set as priority: Display notifications at the top of the notification panel and include them
    in the allowed list when Do not disturb is activated.
    • Previews in pop-ups: Display notification previews in pop-up windows.
    • Show on lock screen: Display notifications from the selected app on the locked screen.
    • Show content on lock screen: Display the content of notifications from the selected app
    on the locked screen.
    • More settings: Customise additional notification settings for the selected app.
    This is the reason I went back to iPhone. No app I found successfully worked 100% to allow notifications to wake my screen and preview the message
    08-31-2016 09:52 AM