09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Seems moot none the less since if a person has a problem with their battery, they would know much sooner than later. That s the beauty of these high capacity small footprint batteries. They usually work right or go wrong almost immediately through going boom, or low capacitance out of box.
    09-01-2016 01:07 PM
    Seems to be more than that right now.
    Have there been problems with the US version of the Note 7?
    09-01-2016 01:07 PM
    Reading some comments about "renting" phones leaves me wondering how many don't have a backup device. Would that many actually not have one?
    A lot of people on Samsung phone purchases will take advantage of the trade in credit.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:08 PM
    Seems moot none the less since if a person has a problem with their battery, they would know much sooner than later. That s the beauty of these high capacity small footprint batteries. They usually work right or go wrong almost immediately through going boom, or low capacitance out of box.
    We won't know anything for sure until Samsung makes their statement soon.

Right now everything is conjecture.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:08 PM
    Some people have said there have been, I haven't seen any proof of that yet.
    09-01-2016 01:09 PM
    Samsung phones are manufactured in two places, South Korea and Vietnam. Now it comes down to which would be included, the international version only or all.
    My Sprint Note 7 was made in China, so they make them in at least three countries.
    09-01-2016 01:10 PM
    Its the battery, not the chip so the question is how much they can isolate specific batteries, if they can't, they will have a large recall.
    09-01-2016 01:10 PM
    So all of us early adopters could be screwed? My Note 7 has been flawless so far, knock on wood.
    If you are an early adopter who doesn't have snapdragon, maybe...
    09-01-2016 01:12 PM
    But it makes it much easier for sending a replacement... Sending a battery vs sending an entire phone... And then they have to deal with taking the old phone back, which now cannot be sold as new.

Of course the downside is people can get generics which might be more prone to failure, but still gives Samsung some bad press.

If the batteries are in fact exploding in the phones, sending in the battery alone isn't going to fix the phone, you will still need the phone fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-2q.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:12 PM
    If they recall the phones we will receive a New phone or have to send ours in for repair?
    I'm not into repair so that option would not make me a happy camper.

I purchased a New phone not a refurbished nightmare.
    09-01-2016 01:14 PM
    If they recall the phones we will receive a New phone or have to send ours in for repair?

We don't know how they will handle it. We just have to wait for Samsung. It may not even affect US models or all models of any phones.
    SteelGator and Serkle K like this.
    09-01-2016 01:16 PM
    But it makes it much easier for sending a replacement... Sending a battery vs sending an entire phone... And then they have to deal with taking the old phone back, which now cannot be sold as new.

Of course the downside is people can get generics which might be more prone to failure, but still gives Samsung some bad press.
    They may send new battery and up to us to take it to be put in.
    At this point nobody knows.
    But if phone catching on fire. Then a different thing all together.
    09-01-2016 01:16 PM

It is all just unknown right now. We are in a wait and see. Everything here is just speculation at this point.

That said, what has been said points more to new and less to fix/refurb.

Also, at this point it is hard to imagine a refurb that would not be part of the recall.
    09-01-2016 01:18 PM
    They may send new battery and up to us to take it to be put in.
    At this point nobody knows.
    But if phone getting on fire. Then a different thing all together.
    I highly doubt that. That is way harder to do on the consumer than us sending the phone and getting a replacement.
    09-01-2016 01:20 PM
    It is all just unknown right now. We are in a wait and see. Everything here is just speculation at this point.

Also, at this point it is hard to imagine a refurb that would not be part of the recall.
    I hope so and hopefully Samsung lets us keep our current Note 7s until one is shipped to us. Especially for those who only have one phone. I'd hate to have to use my S7 and small screen. I might just take the refund option and buy an Iphone 6s Plus or 7 Plus then.
    I had read that it's not the US Variant that is having the issue. Maybe I am wrong on that
    msndrstood likes this.
    I had read that it's not the US Variant that is having the issue. Maybe I am wrong on that
    That was at first but now apparently there are rumors of a global recall.

AC wrote about it here -- Samsung expected to recall Galaxy Note 7s over battery quality concerns | Android Central. They have reached out to Samsung for an official word.
    09-01-2016 01:21 PM

I would say new as well....it's too early in the phone cycle for them to even have enough refurbs to send out to everyone and everyone didn't pay 900 to get a refurbished phone or send it in and be phone less ...If they do a wide scale recall this is gonna cost them big time
    SteelGator and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 01:22 PM
    That is the current thinking but they're looking into all of them. Personally I think it will just be the Korean ones recalled.
    SteelGator and msndrstood like this.
    09-01-2016 01:22 PM
    I hope so and hopefully Samsung lets us keep our current Note 7s until one is shipped to us. Especially for those who only have one phone. I'd hate to have to use my S7 and small screen. I might just take the refund option and buy an Iphone 6s Plus or 7 Plus then.
    I am going to say this and probably get a lot of heat for it. BUT if they make people return these phones and offer a refund, I am going to probably just use my iPhone 6s+ and get the 7s+. Not because I don't like the phone but because ARE YOU SERIOUS Samsung? You didn't test for this at all? I mean, come on now.

That all said I cannot believe they will recall every single phone...but if they did, that's a total chaotic nightmare!!
    09-01-2016 01:23 PM
    I have a vzw N7 made in Korea. If mine gets recalled, and they plan to open it up to swap the battery, I will be expecting a new device, or a full refund.
    09-01-2016 01:23 PM
    That is the current thinking but they're looking into all of them. Personally I think it will just be the Korean ones recalled.
    Korean ones are shipped all over the world. The make the phones in Korea, Vietnam and China.

We know nothing yet, Samsung has said they will be letting everyone know soon.
    dsignori, Hoggles and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 01:24 PM
    I turn fast charge off. Non replaceable battery, so minimizing the risk of impacting battery capacitance over time. Heat does not do a battery good. During use or charge. I use my experience working at Exide Battery in quality and production as reference for this decision.
    How do I turn fast charger off?
    09-01-2016 01:24 PM
    If it is found that my battery is defective I would expect a brand new phone as these phones are too expensive for a refurbished replacement. That said, my phone is awesome and most likely just fine.
    SteelGator and rsmin like this.
    09-01-2016 01:28 PM
    I'll take some free swag for my Inconvenience lol but I want my device...Don't need that hassle ......
    09-01-2016 01:29 PM
1,397 ... 910111213 ...