09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    If you are at all worried... Throw everything that has a battery away (responsibly of course) and don't even consider a Tesla!
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:32 PM
    Plenty of phones have been manufactured with sealed batteries where there have been no issues.
    Jona005 and debdroid1a like this.
    09-01-2016 01:33 PM
    Sounds to me this is not a battery issue per se but the types of cheap chargers that are being used.
    09-01-2016 01:36 PM
    If the batteries are in fact exploding in the phones, sending in the battery alone isn't going to fix the phone, you will still need the phone fixed.
    The topic is about removable batteries... If Samsung had a removable battery in the note 7 then it would have been an easier fix. Obviously since it is not removable then they would probably have to do an exchange of some sort

This incident doesn't make sealed batteries a liability. Even if it was removable, it the battery is defective it would still be an issue.
    My response is also addressed to your post which said that even if removable, it would still be an issue... Which is true... But a much easier one to remedy if Samsung had chosen to do a removable battery
    09-01-2016 01:42 PM
    I'm still trying to win the Android Central Note 7 Giveaway...exploding battery or not.
    Same here!!
    Hoggles likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:42 PM
    Scary **** honestly. I'm using the ATT version and my phone gets pretty warm when charging. I'm obviously using the standard cables. Should I be able to return it no questions asked if this issue is still a question mark to samsung?
    I'm at AT&T now returning mine. Not risking my family's safety over a phone. Or my safety. I mean this thing is always in my pocket, hand or on my face.

Plus Samsung and AT&T both have ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ customer service. I couldn't even imagine how poorly they would handle a recall.

Well it was short but fun.
    09-01-2016 01:43 PM
    IF Samsung swaps the phones out will we be able to keep our current ones and then ship the old one back to them when we get the replacement?
    As long as I can get a replacement in coral blue.
    09-01-2016 01:46 PM
    I'm at AT&T now returning mine. Not risking my family's safety over a phone. Or my safety. I mean this thing is always in my pocket, hand or on my face.

Plus Samsung and AT&T both have ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ customer service. I couldn't even imagine how poorly they would handle a recall.

Well it was short but fun.
    I have been pretty lucky with Samsung customer service. Sorry you are worried about your phone blowing up. Hope you enjoy whatever phone you pick.
    09-01-2016 01:51 PM
    If there's a quality related recall, I wish Samsung also fixes the speaker, the problem with no vibration, and whatever else people seriously complain about.
    neil123456 likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:52 PM
    With tomorrow being the last day of the return policy for Verizon I'd expect no announcement impacting verizon customers before Monday
    rushmore likes this.
    09-01-2016 01:57 PM
    just read an article on "mac rumors" stating that an unknown official is saying they will be requesting everyone to return their phones....not sure how true that is tho.
    09-01-2016 02:01 PM
    The topic is about removable batteries... If Samsung had a removable battery in the note 7 then it would have been an easier fix. Obviously since it is not removable then they would probably have to do an exchange of some sort

My response is also addressed to your post which said that even if removable, it would still be an issue... Which is true... But a much easier one to remedy if Samsung had chosen to do a removable battery
    The topic is about sealed batteries being a liability, presumably the reason the OP brought it up is due to the latest reports.
    However, yes, the OP could have been speaking in general terms.
    09-01-2016 02:02 PM
    Korean ones are shipped all over the world. The make the phones in Korea, Vietnam and China.

We know nothing yet, Samsung has said they will be letting everyone know soon.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here.... It could very well be, that N7's specifically made in Korea are the troubled ones. Not just N7's sold in Korea, as the reports kind of make it seem. That's an important detail for sure. And as we know, people in the states have a mix of those three countries for manufacturing that you mentioned.

If it's a case of any suspect N7's already in the hands of people outside of Korea, they would "potentially" have to do a full blown recall of all N7's. Crazy.
    09-01-2016 02:03 PM
    Using 3rd party chargers is always risky. It is known and even mentioned to use the provided cable for charging the device. The battery is designed in a way in which it needs to get the exact same amount of charger per second, if that increases then obviously the battery cannot handle the excess charge that gets rapidly added to it and explodes. This is one of the major reasons which causes batteries to explode. It's good Samsung have called back their devices for further quality testing.
    09-01-2016 02:14 PM
    The ultimate problem isn't with the batteries themselves it's the fact that people are using cheap and fake 3rd party charging cables and adapters. This goes for any and all phone. Always always always use the chargers and adapters provided with the phone and get extra from the actual manufacturer. I never ever buy cheap cables and adapters. I always spend the extra cash on getting the original because the fake cable and adapter WILL damage the phone and battery, removable or not.
    Jona005 and sweetypie31 like this.
    09-01-2016 02:16 PM
    I have the "Made in Korea" Verizon edition over here.
    09-01-2016 02:16 PM
    I have the "Made in Korea" Verizon edition over here.
    How does one find out where our device was made??
    09-01-2016 02:17 PM
    How does one find out where our device was made??
    T-Mobile ones are made in China.
    09-01-2016 02:20 PM
    How about ATT
    09-01-2016 02:21 PM
    This is the exact reason I never buy new devices when they are first released. Sometimes the first batch of devices have issues with them that are only discovered from user experience. I won't be purchasing my Note 7 until around Christmas time. Hopefully this issue is fixed by then.
    Simon_y7 and Wiley_11 like this.
    09-01-2016 02:21 PM
    How about ATT
    Not sure. Install this app and it will tell you where and when your phone was made and other info about it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
    09-01-2016 02:22 PM
    Is that a good thing so far?
    09-01-2016 02:23 PM
    That was at first but now apparently there are rumors of a global recall.

AC wrote about it here -- Samsung expected to recall Galaxy Note 7s over battery quality concerns | Android Central. They have reached out to Samsung for an official word.
    That is because all note 7 uses the same battery I believe. Different chips for sure but many of the components used are the same. That is what I'm thinking.
    09-01-2016 02:26 PM
    The amount of "News" on this is hilarious. Even the more known outlets are taking unknowns to apparent knowns. One media says Samsung says it is not the battery another says it is the battery. One says Korea and another says global. Whatever the case, Apple must be ROTFL right now. Samsung might have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Jeepers.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-01-2016 02:27 PM
    Is that a good thing so far?
    So far.. The Chinese ones haven't been mentioned. But again, we won't know until Samsung releases a statement.
    09-01-2016 02:28 PM
1,397 ... 1011121314 ...