09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    The Iphone 7 just started looking a lot better.
    A lot better.....for the garbage bin.
    09-01-2016 03:11 PM
    Your source they have their info wrong? Even Samsung said they halted production the other day.
    Samsung did not say they were halting global production.
    09-01-2016 03:12 PM
    Isn't today the last day in the return window if you received the phone on the 19th? Assuming 14 day return policy.
    Tmobile told me 20 days for pre order when I called last night. I just wanted to make sure in case something was going on. I'm going to ride it out and keep it though.
    09-01-2016 03:12 PM
    Thanks...got it. Anything we should look for? Guess we'll know if and when this is officially recalled.
    09-01-2016 03:13 PM
    I have only used charging cable that came with phone and a Samsung wireless charger from att, once.
    Me too, only used the cable and wall charger once. I've been using the Samsung Fast wireless charging stand since.

I'm going to start using the cable/wall charger and see how it goes.
    09-01-2016 03:13 PM
    I have a Verizon GN7 made in Korea, and I have noticed absolutely zero anomalies.

I think this whole thing is overblown.

Here's how things work -

1) People looking to cause chaos or controversy make fake phones, melt them/microwave them, whatever they do. Make them look like they blew up. Take dodgy photos of them.

2) News sites, especially pro-Apple ones, pick them up, spread them all over the place.

3) Rumors spread online of Samsung's life threatening devices!

4) Rumors hit the stock trading floor, investors get nervous, as always.

5) Samsung officials have their feet held to the fire for no reason, and are forced to pursue a recall to please investors.
    Nostromo79 and rushmore like this.
    09-01-2016 03:16 PM
    I ordered Note 7 directly from Samsung website (black AT&T version) about a week ago and it was just delivered to me by FedEx today along with the free Samsung gift (256GB MicroSD card).

With all this news about the upcoming Note 7 recall, I have not un-boxed my Note 7 and the MicroSD card yet.

Should I un-box my Note 7 and check it out or just leave it in the box? Would an unopened phone make any difference during recall? As you can imagine, it is very tempting when the box is sitting in front of me.

The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-note7deliveryhistory.png

(new to the forum by the way so please be gentle)
    09-01-2016 03:16 PM
    Samsung did not say they were halting global production.
    Sigh.. I hate to tell you but Samsung has confirmed things are stopping right now and they will be making a statement soon.

Believe it or not, your choice. South Korean news is reporting this.
    09-01-2016 03:17 PM
    The other thing to consider is the impact this might have on future resale value. For many this is probably not a big deal, but for people like me who go through 3 or 4 phones per year, resale is a really big deal.
    09-01-2016 03:19 PM
    Thanks...got it. Anything we should look for? Guess we'll know if and when this is officially recalled.
    It will tell you where and when your phone was made.

Right now we have to wait for the Samsung statement, which supposedly could come as early as this weekend or first of next week.

Everything being reported is conjecture at this point.
    09-01-2016 03:20 PM
    Sigh.. I hate to tell you but Samsung has confirmed things are stopping right now and they will be making a statement soon.

Except those South Korean news outlets did not quote any Samsung officials. Unless things changed.
    09-01-2016 03:20 PM

Ugh, I just got my screen protector installed perfectly. 2 Samsung phone models in a row (within a month) that are becoming issues.
    09-01-2016 03:21 PM
    Is everyone charging wireless or with the cable and wall plug?

Me, 99.9% wireless. Only used the wall charger the first time I charged the phone.
    I'm charging with the cable and plug. Absolutely zero issues here.
    09-01-2016 03:22 PM
    Except those South Korean news outlets did not quote any Samsung officials. Unless things changed.
    Believe what you want. Yonhap is a very reliable source, I have been following it for years.
    Believe what you want. Yonhap is a very reliable source, I have been following it for years.
    Sure.
    Ugh, I just got my screen protector installed perfectly. 2 Samsung phone models in a row (within a month) that are becoming issues.
    Hopefully it won't involve US models or many if it does.
    skatergirl likes this.
    Their response is more important than the original issue. If they stay on top of things, fix the problem as quickly as they can with as little disruption to consumers, and throw in some 'make nice' stuff... they'll come out of this just fine.
    Totally agree but the timing of this couldn't be worse for them. This wouldn't necessarily deter me but can you imagine how many on-the-fence people would see these headlines and choose the iPhone 7.
    09-01-2016 03:23 PM
    Totally agree but the timing of this couldn't be worse for them. This wouldn't necessarily deter me but can you imagine how many on-the-fence people would see these headlines and choose the iPhone 7.
    True.. But, Samsung is looking into this unlike Apple acting like Touch Disease doesn't exist and it is rampant.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-01-2016 03:25 PM
    This is the exact reason I never buy new devices when they are first released. Sometimes the first batch of devices have issues with them that are only discovered from user experience.
    I agree! Seems like the first batches always have glitches.
    09-01-2016 03:26 PM
    Hopefully it won't involve US models or many if it does.
    Youve seen my luck with the Active in those forums. You know if theres any recall no matter how small its going to affect my phone lol.
    The other thing to consider is the impact this might have on future resale value. For many this is probably not a big deal, but for people like me who go through 3 or 4 phones per year, resale is a really big deal.
    That's what I worry about. I really don't want to swap mine out or get repaired. I've charged my phone both wireless and with the wall charger and both work just fine and the phone doesn't get that hot. Only time it has got warm is updating a bunch of stuff. The coolest running phone I've ever had. If they do swap em out I'll take a new one. I would hate to have to go to Iphone and lose android and Spen features.
    msndrstood and rsmin like this.
    It is all speculation at this point. No one has concrete data as to the cause nor scope of any potential recall (including Yonhap News). Easy to research yourself.
    09-01-2016 03:27 PM
    09-01-2016 03:27 PM
    It is all speculation at this point. No one has concrete data as to the cause nor scope of any potential recall (including Yonhap News). Easy to research yourself.
    Well Yonhap hasn't said there will be a recall yet.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    09-01-2016 03:28 PM
    Youve seen my luck with the Active in those forums. You know if theres any recall no matter how small its going to affect my phone lol.
    Oh I know, it sucks for you. Maybe this can even help the S7 Active issue move along though..
    09-01-2016 03:29 PM
1,397 ... 1213141516 ...