09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I would imagine this would work like an automobile car recall.

I am sure samsung has serial numbers of when and where all parts of the phone were made. They will internally
    do a search of all those numbers and tell people if their phone is part of that batch it has to be sent back.

I DO NOT think a total recall will happen.
    Jona005 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-01-2016 04:12 PM
    Hope not. The remake was pretty bad. If they remade it again I can't imagine what would happen.
    Jona005 and mhettrich like this.
    09-01-2016 04:13 PM
    My note 7 just exploded. I know this because something bounched out the bottom when I picked the phone up off the charger. It looks like a small missle. So they put small missles into the phone. No wonder they are blowing up. The color even matches the device. Very clever samsung.

In all seriousness what were they thinking by supplying us with short baby cables? If I didn't have wireless chargers I'd have no choice but to use an alternative cable. Maybe this was all part of their plan. To force us into using alternative cables and then blame us for their fault.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this must be solved. The only way we can solve this is to break into area 51. And if your still reading this then you must be as bored as I was when I wrote it.
    The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-laugh.jpg
    billyhousemover likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:15 PM
    I would imagine this would work like an automobile car recall.

I am sure samsung has serial numbers of when and where all parts of the phone were made. They will internally
    do a search of all those numbers and tell people if their phone is part of that batch it has to be sent back.

The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-arnold-total-recall.jpeg
    jimd1050, mhettrich and cinnamin like this.
    09-01-2016 04:17 PM
    Same here. I would think if the recall is just for units in Korea and certain countries which is the hunch I have then they likely will just swap the units out for new ones. I really don't see Samsung swapping out every single unit for ever single Note 7 owned. That would take big $$$ which would be a mega $ blow to the company and would take months to do to produce enough replacement models.

I still think this is an isolated incident though. If it's a samsung charger issue then I could seem them sending us new chargers, but a recall for every single model I don't think will happen unless there is no other choice. I would think these 400,000 units will be the first to be recalled and if issues persist in other units then recall them.
    God, I hope you're right!
    09-01-2016 04:18 PM
    Well, if my phone get's recalled, since I pre-ordered it at the Verizon website, I hope I can just turn my Note 7 in at my local Verizon Store instead of having to ship it myself. And at the same time they can give me a new micro sim card for my previous phone and I can activate it right then and there with same number and services. I never reset my previous phone (I always wait a few months before I do that). So I wont miss a beat. Baddah-bing - Baddah-boom !!!

Lucky for me I still love my previous phone, but it was 2.5 years old and I just decided I wanted the hottest (no pun intended), sexiest thang comin' up.

Peace. Alan
    09-01-2016 04:19 PM
    I've been charging up my Note 7 overnight since I got it two weeks ago and no explosions. I'm guessing there's only a few faulty phones and the tech websites are blowing this way out of proportion.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:21 PM
    According to BGR, Samsung is blaming Korean ITM Semiconductor (one of the battery manufacturing plants) for making faulty battery packs. If this is true, I would agree that having removable batteries would be a lot cheaper to fix this issue but also so to pinpoint which phones are affected if the batteries were marked by the manufacturer. Now Samsung has to either replace the battery (which most consumers won't want), replace the phone with a new one or offer a refund. It's a $1100 where I live, so I would take the refund if it affected me.
    Personally I never thought having swappable batteries was ever dated. I like that LG continued to make phones with swappable batteries. If this happened to the LG G5, it would have been an easy fix.for LG.
    09-01-2016 04:21 PM
    I have 2 days left to return it. Problem is, I traded in my old device at Target, I have a spare Moto X Pure I can move to until this is all sorted out if need be. Between future resale and whatever options may come from a recall I am little nervous about it. My phone is working great and overall very happy, but this poses a real concern for me. Mine was produced in Korea on 8/9. Trying to figure out the best thing to do.
    09-01-2016 04:22 PM
    Maybe the mods should merge all these threads and make it a sticky
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:23 PM
    Well, if my phone get's recalled, since I pre-ordered it at the Verizon website, I hope I can just turn my Note 7 in at my local Verizon Store instead of having to ship it myself. And at the same time they can give me a new micro sim card for my previous phone and I can activate it right then and there with same number and services. I never reset my previous phone (I always wait a few months before I do that). So I wont miss a beat. Baddah-bing - Baddah-boom !!!

Lucky for me I still love my previous phone, but it was 2.5 years old and I just decided I wanted the hottest (no pun intended), sexiest thang comin' up.

Peace. Alan
    I just did a FR on my Note 5 three days ago... dammit!
    09-01-2016 04:24 PM
    I have 2 days left to return it. Problem is, I traded in my old device at Target, I have a spare Moto X Pure I can move to until this is all sorted out if need be. Between future resale and whatever options may come from a recall I am little nervous about it. My phone is working great and overall very happy, but this poses a real concern for me. Mine was produced in Korea on 8/9. Trying to figure out the best thing to do.
    The best thing to do is wait for the Samsung statement.
    09-01-2016 04:24 PM
    I've been charging up my Note 7 overnight since I got it two weeks ago and no explosions. I'm guessing there's only a few faulty phones and the tech websites are blowing this way out of proportion.
    Stuff getting blown out of proportion, unfortunately, is expected when you're in Samsung's position. Just like people rip and pile on Apple for something. Comes with the territory. If this was HTC, would be talked about as much because that many devices wouldnt have been purchased.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:25 PM
    If they take my phone back and fix a potential problem with it, then it's now better than it was before. So there's no reason I'd want something else.
    nonie likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:26 PM
    When my car got recalled, my bank didn't let me pick out an all new car lol.

Damn it!
    09-01-2016 04:28 PM
    Mine was produced in Korea on 8/9. Trying to figure out the best thing to do..
    Where is the Manufacture Date? Can't find it on the phone or the label on the box - found the Korea O.K.?
    09-01-2016 04:34 PM
    Heck yeah I'm keeping my Note 7. It's the best phone out there.
    nonie and dcooper830 like this.
    09-01-2016 04:36 PM
    Ill take a new one, not a refurb, not mine repaired but a brand new in the box guaranteed one.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:37 PM
    I'll stick with it. I bought the GN7 for a reason (S-Pen, multitasking, software features, display, etc).
    dcooper830 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:38 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo

Where is the Manufacture Date? Can't find it on the phone or the label on the box - found the Korea O.K.?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:43 PM
    What if you have to send in your phone and then send you back a refurbished unit. Then it would be the best phone that-maybe-fell-in-someones-toilet.
    From what I've read. All samsung would do is replace the battery in your existing phone and send it back to you. Could be wrong though
    09-01-2016 04:47 PM
    09-01-2016 04:51 PM
    If all the note 7s are recalled and give the option of getting a new unit or a refund, will you choose to get a new unit or use the refund and get a Iphone 7Plus later this month?

For me I would probably take a replacement unit. I'm so used to Android and love the Spen and Iphone doesn't offer a Note like phone.

I'm not sure about LGV20 because of their quality issues as well with their phones. Even Apple has issues too they try to always hide under the rug.

If they offer replacement Notes I would take it.
    Best Note I've ever rocked - the screen, the camera, the multi-tasking, and on and on

Would most definitely stay with the Note 7
    rsmin and nonie like this.
    09-01-2016 04:52 PM
    sorta makes a few scratches on the screen not seem so bad by comparison to an "explosion right there on my kitchen counter".... But personally, the two scenerios are equivalent, really, cuz either way, 1st scratch on any phone's screen of mine, the phone has to "pack its bags" and find another home..might as well blow up...but that's just me...lol

BTC
    09-01-2016 04:54 PM
    Only had it two days so still in honeymoon period. Ask me this minute and I would take the replacement. Ask me in a week and I might not.
    nonie likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:57 PM
1,397 ... 1415161718 ...