The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

If the battery is fault, users that have used the device already would know. They would have insanely poor battery life, hot running devices, and or it went boom.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Isn't today the last day in the return window if you received the phone on the 19th? Assuming 14 day return policy.
Tmobile told me 20 days for pre order when I called last night. I just wanted to make sure in case something was going on. I'm going to ride it out and keep it though.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

I have only used charging cable that came with phone and a Samsung wireless charger from att, once.

Me too, only used the cable and wall charger once. I've been using the Samsung Fast wireless charging stand since.

I'm going to start using the cable/wall charger and see how it goes.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I have a Verizon GN7 made in Korea, and I have noticed absolutely zero anomalies.

I think this whole thing is overblown.

Here's how things work -

1) People looking to cause chaos or controversy make fake phones, melt them/microwave them, whatever they do. Make them look like they blew up. Take dodgy photos of them.

2) News sites, especially pro-Apple ones, pick them up, spread them all over the place.

3) Rumors spread online of Samsung's life threatening devices!

4) Rumors hit the stock trading floor, investors get nervous, as always.

5) Samsung officials have their feet held to the fire for no reason, and are forced to pursue a recall to please investors.

AhhNote7

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 ordered from Samsung.com, Delivered Today - What to do?

I ordered Note 7 directly from Samsung website (black AT&T version) about a week ago and it was just delivered to me by FedEx today along with the free Samsung gift (256GB MicroSD card).

With all this news about the upcoming Note 7 recall, I have not un-boxed my Note 7 and the MicroSD card yet.

Should I un-box my Note 7 and check it out or just leave it in the box? Would an unopened phone make any difference during recall? As you can imagine, it is very tempting when the box is sitting in front of me.

Note7DeliveryHistory.png

(new to the forum by the way so please be gentle) :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung did not say they were halting global production.
Sigh.. I hate to tell you but Samsung has confirmed things are stopping right now and they will be making a statement soon.

Believe it or not, your choice. South Korean news is reporting this.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

The other thing to consider is the impact this might have on future resale value. For many this is probably not a big deal, but for people like me who go through 3 or 4 phones per year, resale is a really big deal.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks...got it. Anything we should look for? Guess we'll know if and when this is officially recalled.
It will tell you where and when your phone was made.

Right now we have to wait for the Samsung statement, which supposedly could come as early as this weekend or first of next week.

Everything being reported is conjecture at this point.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Sigh.. I hate to tell you but Samsung has confirmed things are stopping right now and they will be making a statement soon.

Except those South Korean news outlets did not quote any Samsung officials. Unless things changed.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Ugh, I just got my screen protector installed perfectly. 2 Samsung phone models in a row (within a month) that are becoming issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.