09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    God, no! I have been waiting for the Note 7. I am already making a two year plan with the damn thing. We're married.
    I'm thinking since we got so many upgrades this year with the Note 7, that next years will only be minor stuff.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:39 PM
    That's what I'm thinking too. Why would anyone use a cheap $3 charger on a phone that cost at least $850 is beyond me.
    A lot of people do it, I've seen several on our forums post they are buying cheap chargers for the Note 7.

People can buy inexpensive without buying cheaply made.
    09-01-2016 06:41 PM
    This is the same report gave here on Android Central posted earlier in the thread. No where in the article does it say they are definitely doing anything.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:42 PM
    At the moment it is still up the air what they are going to do 100%.
    09-01-2016 06:45 PM
    The fact Mac Rumors is pumping this story makes me suspicious.
    09-01-2016 06:46 PM
    I wonder if it's being blown up because Iphone coming out later this month they're trying to hurt Note 7 sales.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:48 PM
    Always question things like this.
    09-01-2016 06:51 PM
    A lot of people do it, I've seen several on our forums post they are buying cheap chargers for the Note 7.

People can buy inexpensive without buying cheaply made.
    I think if they do announce a recall they will wait until at least the early adopters get past their exchange/return window. My last day is tomorrow.
    09-01-2016 06:51 PM
    And seems with the S7, they did just that thing in China, Japan and South Korea.

"In China, Japan and even South Korea, Samsung will sell its Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge smartphones without the Samsung logo that appears on the front of the devices in all other markets."

Are we sure they did this for the Note 7 too?

Samsung Quietly Removes Branding From Galaxy S7 Smartphones In China, South Korea And Japan
    09-01-2016 06:52 PM
    Probably did. They have been doing it is some markets before the S7.
    09-01-2016 06:58 PM
    Where have you seen or heard that? I have only seen sketchy reports with little official information on the 8890 vs N.America version.
    I live in AZ. It happened here to a phone in Phoenix. I know for a fact. Makes me aware and watching my phone
    A recall would not change the fact that this is the best phone available.
    Can you not see the irony of that statement? It's a complete oxymoron. A recall would be a PR disaster for Samsung. Apple must be laughing at the moment.

I am no Samsung basher as I have the Galaxy. S5 and fully intend to replace it eventually with another Samsung. But this Note 7 has been rushed into production to beat iPhone 7 by a couple of months. Serious battery charging issues, glass that scratches easily, performance issues, random reboots and on and on.

It's time to call a spade a spade. The Note 7 is a poorly sorted out phone that you shouldn't hesitate to NOT recommend to someone. At the very least for a couple of months for Samsung to get over early build quality units.

But it's time for the moment to stop the glowing praises and have a really check about this phone in its current iteration.
    The discussion is about swappable batteries not water resistance.
    09-01-2016 07:01 PM
    That's what I'm thinking too. Why would anyone use a cheap $3 charger on a phone that cost at least $850 is beyond me.
    I always try to use official cables from either the manufacturer of my device or other reputable companies who produce similar products. But I also think you answered your question. A lot of people don't like to spend a lot more money on a device that is already expensive. So it's kind of 2 ways to look at it: 1) Already paid a lot for the phone so I'm going to look to skimp on accessories. 2) Paid too much for this phone so gotta pay whatever it costs to for accessories for it.

I also think a lot of people don't understand how critical it is to buy good cables for devices. A lot think the worst case is the cable doesn't work or breaks easily. They don't think it will fry their phone. And honestly a proper certification process and design can prevent this. But since USB C is relatively new, they're still working through these things.
    Kelly Kearns and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 07:02 PM
    So long as they fix the problem, I don't see an issue...it is still the best phone for my uses and until something better comes out, I will stick with it
    09-01-2016 07:02 PM
    My note 7 tells me there water in the USB. Which I haven't put it in water nor have I got it wet. My almost exploded the other morning it was soo hot I couldn't touch it. It took an hour to it to cool down. If they recall I hope they do give us temp phones for now or send us new ones since I sold my old phone
    I mean I sure hope you exchanged your phone for a new one.
    09-01-2016 07:05 PM
    Naaaah. They are the same ones insisting no jumping to conclusions with Apple issues.
    I wonder if it's being blown up because Iphone coming out later this month they're trying to hurt Note 7 sales.
    09-01-2016 07:06 PM
    I live in AZ. It happened here to a phone in Phoenix. I know for a fact. Makes me aware and watching my phone
    Got a link for that?
    09-01-2016 07:07 PM
    Got a link for that?
    I would like to see that as well..
    09-01-2016 07:08 PM
    Going back to my Ngage. Taco calling comeback.
    09-01-2016 07:10 PM
    Can you not see the irony of that statement? It's a complete oxymoron. A recall would be a PR disaster for Samsung. Apple must be laughing at the moment.

I am no Samsung basher as I have the Galaxy. S5 and fully intend to replace it eventually with another Samsung. But this Note 7 has been rushed into production to beat iPhone 7 by a couple of months. Serious battery charging issues, glass that scratches easily, performance issues, random reboots and on and on.

It's time to call a spade a spade. The Note 7 is a poorly sorted out phone that you shouldn't hesitate to NOT recommend to someone. At the very least for a couple of months for Samsung to get over early build quality units.

But it's time for the moment to stop the glowing praises and have a really check about this phone in its current iteration.
    Actually a recall wouldn't be the deciding factor, that can happen to anyone.

What will determine everything is how it is handled IF there is a recall.
    09-01-2016 07:10 PM
    09-01-2016 07:14 PM
    I always try to use official cables from either the manufacturer of my device or other reputable companies who produce similar products. But I also think you answered your question. A lot of people don't like to spend a lot more money on a device that is already expensive. So it's kind of 2 ways to look at it: 1) Already paid a lot for the phone so I'm going to look to skimp on accessories. 2) Paid too much for this phone so gotta pay whatever it costs to for accessories for it.

I also think a lot of people don't understand how critical it is to buy good cables for devices. A lot think the worst case is the cable doesn't work or breaks easily. They don't think it will fry their phone. And honestly a proper certification process and design can prevent this. But since USB C is relatively new, they're still working through these things.
    True THAT !!!

Peace. Alan
    09-01-2016 07:15 PM
    Why is it so hard for people to understand there are a good number of us that aren't having any of the problems that others are having? This isn't my first Samsung, but this has been the best. If it isn't for you, I'm sorry, you should return it and get something that will make you happy. It's pretty simple.
    mhettrich and Doug Moffat like this.
    09-01-2016 07:16 PM
    I use CF temperature and the highest i ever saw it get (and i'm talking "fry an egg on it" hot) before i was like YOWZA!! was145 degreesFarenheit and i shut it down... It cooled off in about 30 seconds......

Anyone know what degree threshold it can safely reach BEFORE its time to panic??!!

BTC
    If you are referring to battery temperature then that is really hot... Generally speaking, it should be 140f max.

Now if you are referring to cpu Temps then that is normal
    09-01-2016 07:17 PM
1,397 ... 1718192021 ...