09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Keeping mine unless it explodes. I love her and she loves me.
    Lol, that sounds like a Shakesperean tragedy. Love will consume you both.
    the real batman and Weils like this.
    09-01-2016 08:09 PM
    Agreed, there is something odd about this.

Besides, what guarantees the phones will still be safe after being recalled?
    I absolutely agree. I have a great phone and for me I would be giving back something great for an unknown.
    09-01-2016 08:09 PM
    How are phone recalls done anyways? This is my only phone so they would have to send a new one before they get the old one back? Think it might be only affect Exynos chips I hope.
    09-01-2016 08:10 PM
    Just thought I would say, I am not at all concerned about this suppose it exploding battery issue and any imminent recall. My phone works just fine, thank you. And it seems to me that it takes a special kind of paranoia to worry about a defect that at most, is said to be found in one out of every ten thousand units, and even that tiny fraction does not represent the number of people who have actually had their phone explode. In fact, I've only heard of two confirmed reports out of the millions sold. I recently had surgery, and I can assure you that the odds of a person dying during even the most minor surgery are greater than the odds of being that one person out of three or four million people who has their phone explode.

I'd like to hear from anybody else who is part of the no paranoia Club.
    Thank you!!
    09-01-2016 08:11 PM
    Just thought I would say, I am not at all concerned about this suppose it exploding battery issue and any imminent recall. My phone works just fine, thank you. And it seems to me that it takes a special kind of paranoia to worry about a defect that at most, is said to be found in one out of every ten thousand units, and even that tiny fraction does not represent the number of people who have actually had their phone explode. In fact, I've only heard of two confirmed reports out of the millions sold. I recently had surgery, and I can assure you that the odds of a person dying during even the most minor surgery are greater than the odds of being that one person out of three or four million people who has their phone explode.

I'd like to hear from anybody else who is part of the no paranoia Club.
    These............are...........all.........1st..........world problems
    09-01-2016 08:15 PM
    Of this was apple their offices statement would be : you're charging it wrong
    bigoldthor likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:33 PM
    There isn't another smartphone out or on the horizon that interests me right now. It's only the Note 7.
    09-01-2016 08:36 PM
    Absolutely keeping my Note 7.
    09-01-2016 08:39 PM
    Replaceable batteries (if the battery is the issue) are absolutely easier to recall and a fraction of the cost. No customer devices to be accounted for, insured, shipped and repaired. The differences are comically huge. The catch is fixed batteries conflict with the strategy of maintaining a two year retirement model in the industry. Folks keep their devices longer when easier to replace batteries.
    jlczl, Dude2 and Weils like this.
    09-01-2016 08:48 PM
    This is just a theory of mine...

Samsung is going to issue a recall of our precious note 7. They will wait until the weekend to allow the stock markets to close before they announce this. That would be smart on their part. Minimize the fallback while they work on a plan to get the devices exchanged.
    I love my note 7. I hope if they need to recall that they just send us a new phone and let us send them the old one. That would restore faith in the brand and make me happy. What are your thoughts? I'm still eithin my return window and I'll be watching the news closely tomorrow just in case.
    I use my old 6p charger and the oem charger and I've had no problems at all.
    09-01-2016 09:11 PM
    I'm keeping it. Though I am worried about how the recall will be handled.

I don't want to send my phone in and be sent back a refurb. I don't want to send my phone in and be without a phone for a week or longer. I don't want to send my phone in and have them mess up the waterproofing by opening it.

Ideally, but fat chance, they send out new units before taking your phone back. Or even better, they can track down where the bad batches came from and only recall those specific devices instead of a global recall.
    09-01-2016 09:13 PM
    It is unfortunate that a phone that is so anticipated as the Note 7 - and so, consequently, Samsung sent out shipments quickly to cater to the demand - is now encountering these problems. Hopefully they get resolved soon; and more details become known about how those explosions occurred.
    09-01-2016 09:18 PM
    Since I didn't see a link to the story behind the proposed recall: The Verge
    09-01-2016 09:21 PM
    Possibly. I would think Samsung would recommend people not use the converter that came with the phone. That would suck but I could live with it. I would probably buy a couple USB type C chargers to keep handy then.
    Why even use the conveter at all. The phone was just released and comes with a USB Type C charger. Until I hear a official statement from Samsung themselves this is all speculation. They are just investigating the claims of the Note 7 exploding. Nobody knows for sure what the cause of the explosions are from.
    09-01-2016 09:26 PM

Samsung is going to issue a recall of our precious note 7. They will wait until the weekend to allow the stock markets to close before they announce this. That would be smart on their part. Minimize the fallback while they work on a plan to get the devices exchanged.
    I love my note 7. I hope if they need to recall that they just send us a new phone and let us send them the old one. That would restore faith in the brand and make me happy. What are your thoughts? I'm still eithin my return window and I'll be watching the news closely tomorrow just in case.
    In the end I don''t know how much affected the US versions will be if at all. Logistically it would be impossible to flat out swap all the Note 7s for new ones at once. That would take months to produce all new ones.
    09-01-2016 09:31 PM
    I'm betting they have a certain lot/batch that corresponds to a bad battery production run. They'll send out recalls for those and the rest will be fine. Could be wrong, but that's most likely.
    09-01-2016 09:34 PM

The stock market? It's not like the recall will be over when the market reopens on Monday.
    09-01-2016 09:34 PM
    My daughter used the branded Samsung wireless charger and she mentioned that it got warm.

Does your phone get warm on the wireless stand? Mine gets warm with the USBC charger, but not hot.
    09-01-2016 09:35 PM
    I really like that moto z with of those mods. I don't like how my note 7s screen keeps dimming. Very annoying. I wish it would just stay set the way i set it.
    09-01-2016 09:38 PM
    Why is it so hard for people to understand there are a good number of us that aren't having any of the problems that others are having? This isn't my first Samsung, but this has been the best. If it isn't for you, I'm sorry, you should return it and get something that will make you happy. It's pretty simple.
    Because that does not feed into the perpetuating drama king/queen pathos.

Instead of a radio event of War of the Worlds, it is War of the Conjecture. Now THAT'S drama

Batteries do not randomly pent up and burst over time. If a volatile build, a battery will fail within a few charges. If it is the battery of course and an actual problem. There is zero science in any of the conjecture, but a lot of concocted drama.

Apple and media propagandists like Mac Rumors applaud.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:47 PM
    I really like that moto z with of those mods. I don't like how my note 7s screen keeps dimming. Very annoying. I wish it would just stay set the way i set it.
    Turn off autobrightness and turn off video enhancement.
    09-01-2016 09:49 PM
    Got a link for that?
    No I don't have a link. A friend of mine is a Verizon employee. Actually happened to one of her store managers
    09-01-2016 09:54 PM
    This phone is awesome. I will definitely be keeping it.
    09-01-2016 09:56 PM
    Me likey my GN7. Will keep. Reports from Samsung are problem batteries are 0.1% of total build. Still a lot of phones but hope they can identify, isolate and resolve.

I like my odds, and I love my phone.
    09-01-2016 10:00 PM
    Why is it so hard for people to understand there are a good number of us that aren't having any of the problems that others are having? This isn't my first Samsung, but this has been the best. If it isn't for you, I'm sorry, you should return it and get something that will make you happy. It's pretty simple.
    I've read a lot of posts where people say my Note 7 does this or that omg help. I have not experienced any issues. I also have not bought cheap cables or chargers that might fry the phone and have made sure to buy things that I know are from reputable manufacturers.
    Actually a recall wouldn't be the deciding factor, that can happen to anyone.

What will determine everything is how it is handled IF there is a recall.
    09-01-2016 10:04 PM
1,397 ... 1920212223 ...