09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Hopefully they can narrow it down to batches and don't have to recall them all

Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:29 PM
    The real dilemma for those of us like me whose return policy expires tomorrow is what to do. If they seriously think they are going to repair rather than replace my phone isd rather have a refund. I don't have a backup and i sure don't want a repair. That's unacceptable. So tomorrow I need to decide. Making things complicated is this is the best phone on the market. Anything else will feel like a downgrade. Anyone else wrestling with this?
    indydrummer likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:34 PM
    The real dilemma for those of us like me whose return policy expires tomorrow is what to do. If they seriously think they are going to repair rather than replace my phone isd rather have a refund. I don't have a backup and i sure don't want a repair. That's unacceptable. So tomorrow I need to decide. Making things complicated is this is the best phone on the market. Anything else will feel like a downgrade. Anyone else wrestling with this?
    Have you talked to your carrier?

Right now nothing is pointing to US phones, but if anything is, I'm sure Samsung is communicating with carriers.
    09-01-2016 10:39 PM
    Yes. Totally in same situation. I think I am going to return it so I can control what I am doing. But I love this phone and will get another one once the new ones are avail.
    09-01-2016 10:40 PM
    I have no back up phone either guess I will stop at my AT&T Store first thing in the morning and see what if anything that they may have heard. I got my phone last Monday so it has been a week and 3 days - I don't want to go back to Apple I want my Note
    09-01-2016 10:45 PM
    Water resistance is achievable with a removable battery. Galaxy S5 for example.

As far as the OP question. Yes, it would be easier to handle this issue if the battery were swappable and they should go in that direction. Good design is achievable with removable batteries and there is no real negative to it other than the fact customers will have less of a need to upgrade and that's only a negative for the seller.
    What jlczi said.
    09-01-2016 10:45 PM
    I got paranoid and thought I'd try charging it using the adapter it came with and a cable I have been using with other phones for a long time and the phone is staying cool
    My phone doesn't get hot when using it either.
    09-01-2016 10:47 PM
    I may get the iPhone 7 plus. We'll see. The note lacks the battery life and performance of the iPhone. It's performance even feels worse than some of last year's Android phones.
    09-01-2016 10:53 PM
    Umm..had a plan to Buy-1: SgNote7 for my Honey, but I'll better wait
    for an iPhone7-Hehe! "Better Safe that sorry" According with sources
    the exploded-Batteries phone happened in samsungKorea

With the 1st SgNote7 release. I guess now Samsung goes to rollBack
    the unwise decision of un-Removable battery phones-Copied from
    Apple-Oops! Imagine how a user can't Replace the battery
    in the event of an Explosion,.To be continued: Bye now

Learn more: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge
    09-01-2016 10:53 PM

Learn more: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge
    Enjoy your iPhone 7!
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:59 PM
    I am not paranoid but if they do a recall I have no back-up phone - mine barely heats up and I am determined to figure out all of the S-Pen tricks
    I may get the iPhone 7 plus. We'll see. The note lacks the battery life and performance of the iPhone. It's performance even feels worse than some of last year's Android phones.
    Why did you buy the Note 7 in the first place? Be specific.
    I am not paranoid but if they do a recall I have no back-up phone - mine barely heats up and I am determined to figure out all of the S-Pen tricks
    Hopefully they just send a new phone or work with carriers for loaned devices during the repair period.
    09-01-2016 11:01 PM
    If they must recall, they should have a program where you can get a new phone before sending yours in, because way too many people do not have another phone and you can't realistically expect people to not have a phone yet continue to pay their phone bill. Doing it this way would take a while to process, but any other way would be a bit unfair to everyone who just bought this thing 2 weeks ago or less.
    09-01-2016 11:07 PM
    I make sure to use just Samsung approved chargers or charging pads so I am really hoping that those with the issues didn't follow those explicit directions. And yes it would be great to get a new phone and put the old one in the box and head to the post office or UPS
    09-01-2016 11:10 PM
    I do love the phone, but I think it would depend on how the recall is handled. If they are going to give me a refurbished unit or repair my device I may pass and look to the Moto Z when it comes out. If they are giving brand new devices then I would stick with the note I think.
    09-01-2016 11:14 PM
    I hope if there is a recall we get a brand new phone not a repaired one, we didn't ask for a issue even thought these days it seems to happen to just about anything but we paid for a brand new phone in good faith and it would break my heart to have a refurbished no matter how good it might look. I don't want to go back to Apple they are just too plain vanilla after having my Note
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:25 PM

Uh, sealed batteries were a thing before the S6 came about.

If anything, Samsung is just following everyone else.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:28 PM
    How do you know what variant you have?
    09-01-2016 11:34 PM
    I am glad you enjoy your phone but I personally am not going to keep the phone I have if the manufactures suggest I send it back because it may explode. I see no point in keeping that one if that could happen.
    09-01-2016 11:35 PM
    I love my Note7 too, but if mine is one of those affected, I wouldn't hesitate to change it for a new one.

I don't take something like a faulty battery lightly. When the battery on my dad's phone bulged, I told him to stop using it immediately.
    SteelGator and 21stNow like this.
    09-01-2016 11:38 PM
    I would send it back for a new one but I don't want a refurbished one when we all bought them brand new - I also would like to know if they pull the old battery how will that affect the water resistance numbers
    09-01-2016 11:42 PM
    I would send it back for a new one but I don't want a refurbished one when we all bought them brand new - I also would like to know if they pull the old battery how will that affect the water resistance numbers
    When it comes to recalls, they probably won't issue refurbs.
    Almeuit and SteelGator like this.
    09-01-2016 11:43 PM
    There's Not reason for a big Fuss,.But affects Samsung reputation
    and favored its competitor-Apple: Hope both of them rollBack its
    unwise decision to make phones with un-Removable batteries

How a user Can replace the Battery in an exploded Phone or due
    to other defects. Goto figure out and stay Tuned @ACentral - Recall details
    Link: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge
    09-01-2016 11:44 PM
    Have you talked to your carrier?

Right now nothing is pointing to US phones, but if anything is, I'm sure Samsung is communicating with carriers.
    Well, the Yonhap article, which is what just about every other news site is referencing about this recall, says Samsung is talking with Verizon. If true, that would sure seem to point to US phones as well.

It's all speculation now of course, but if everyone is referencing one part of the source article, than it makes sense to look at the rest of that same source article ..
    09-01-2016 11:46 PM
1,397 ... 2021222324 ...