09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Well, the Yonhap article, which is what just about every other news site is referencing about this recall, says Samsung is talking with Verizon. If true, that would sure seem to point to US phones as well.

It's all speculation now of course, but if everyone is referencing one part of the source article, than it makes sense to look at the rest of that same source article ..
    Verizon has placed all Note 7's on backordered status shipping on September 30 (changed from yesterday September 7) and ATT has grayed out the Note 7 on it's smartphone page, with no dates given. So it seems that American carriers are responding. At least as of this afternoon, orders were not possible through samsung.com.
    09-01-2016 11:55 PM
    Well, the Yonhap article, which is what just about every other news site is referencing about this recall, says Samsung is talking with Verizon. If true, that would sure seem to point to US phones as well.

It's all speculation now of course, but if everyone is referencing one part of the source article, than it makes sense to look at the rest of that same source article ..
    Yeah they say that, but sales are only being stopped in international markets. You can even still buy the phone at Samsung USA.
    09-01-2016 11:56 PM
    When it comes to recalls, they probably won't issue refurbs.
    I agree with this.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 and SteelGator like this.
    09-01-2016 11:59 PM
    If they issue a recall, I expect Samsung to do what makes customers happy. If there is a worldwide recall for a safety issue, it will be a big deal and I think they will go above and beyond.

At minimum, doing that will boost the Samsung reputation, a win for Samsung, a win for customers.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:00 AM
    I'm not concerned with this issue either. The way I see it, this type of thing happens to only a small fraction of the people who own the phone. And I always noticed the news seldom reported whether the affected owner used a 3rd party charger/cable/connector when the battery exploded and the conditions leading to the battery demise.
    09-02-2016 12:01 AM
    I'm not concerned with this issue either. The way I see it, this type of thing happens to only a small fraction of the people who own the phone. And I always noticed the news seldom reported whether the affected owner used a 3rd party charger/cable/connector when the battery exploded and the conditions leading to the battery demise.
    This seems to be getting different attention from Samsung. There is inventory being pulled in other countries.
    09-02-2016 12:02 AM
    It seems like both Verizon and AT&T have taken the Note 7 out of stock. AT&T now shows it out of stock where it had a ship date of Sept 9-16th earlier today, and Verizon shows it available on 9/30. I guess we'll hear about the recall staring tomorrow or Tuesday if they want to avoid rushing the stores on the holiday weekend.
    09-02-2016 12:06 AM
    This seems to be getting different attention from Samsung. There is inventory being pulled in other countries.
    That's probably the best course of action in regards to something like a battery with a chance of exploding.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:07 AM
    Agree on Samsung's decision. Better to check if there's a problem on their end.
    09-02-2016 12:11 AM
    If they issue a recall, I expect Samsung to do what makes customers happy. If there is a worldwide recall for a safety issue, it will be a big deal and I think they will go above and beyond.

At minimum, doing that will boost the Samsung reputation, a win for Samsung, a win for customers.
    That's what they should do, really.

Samsung is a world-wide brand with serious brand power. Their reputation is on the line with this.

This is an opportunity to show how they can handle a recall. They can't mess this up.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:11 AM
    I have a feeling this is an isolated incident and there will be no massive recall. Everybody's worried because of the attention it's grabbed. If devices were prone to explode we'd be hearing a lot more than just a handful of incidents. This forum would be filled with them.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:15 AM
    I have a feeling this is an isolated incident and there will be no massive recall. Everybody's worried because of the attention it's grabbed. If devices were prone to explode we'd be hearing a lot more than just a handful of incidents. This forum would be filled with them.
    It's still early days for now, but we'll know soon enough if this is really something serious enough to warrant a global recall.
    drusum likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:17 AM
    Count me in as not paranoid about the exploding phone I am more paranoid that the chances of the weak phone glass spontaneously cracking at its curve is more likely to happen within the first year of ownership than the chances of explosion. Really.

But even a small percentage if true the whole thing needs to be looked at. Anyone can be that one in a million. I had a one in a million moment, or felt like it, before nearly burned my house down.

Unrelated story to my moment... I see my daughter... these kids live with the power strip on their bed with the macbook, ipad, iphone all plugged and running and resting on their beds and you can feel the heat because like the laptop has cut air flow laying on mattress and they leave the house left running all day like that! Ugh! All I need is a one lame machine to overheat on the mattress while away

I'm gonna step away and have a talk with my daughter again.
    Relax dude.... it's a rarity. Yes, it does happen, but not usually.... that's what insurance is for..... in case **** happens....
    09-02-2016 12:22 AM
    I think Samsung took a good decision even though they knew it would hurt them. They are thinking about their costumers. I think only those facing over heating issue should return it if they can and wait for a fresh batch. Others shouldn't worry at all. Because I see some people ARE facing heating issues some aren't.

And lol to the one blaming apple for this. You are way ahead of the curve.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:25 AM
    I do love the phone, but I think it would depend on how the recall is handled. If they are going to give me a refurbished unit or repair my device I may pass and look to the Moto Z when it comes out. If they are giving brand new devices then I would stick with the note I think.
    Problem there is not enough refurb Note 7s to go around, probably very few. How would they have millions ready? Even Note 5s not enough refurbs. Also I'm not sending my in even though I have a S7 I can still use. I would gladly send it in after they send me a new phone.
    09-02-2016 12:30 AM
    I think Samsung took a good decision even though they knew it would hurt them. They are thinking about their costumers. I think only those facing over heating issue should return it if they can and wait for a fresh batch. Others shouldn't worry at all. Because I see some people ARE facing heating issues some aren't.

And lol to the one blaming apple for this. You are way ahead of the curve.
    In cases like this, the safety of their customers along with brand reputation should ALWAYS take priority over profit.

Companies are expected to do the same in similar situations, though some don't.
    09-02-2016 12:33 AM
    Probably going back to my gold S7 Edge until I see what Nokia's Android offerings are like. Unless they send me a new replacement before I have to send back the old one. Would be nice if it turns out my Note 7 isn't affected though.
    09-02-2016 12:38 AM
    What a monumental embarrassment this is for Samsung and just before a new iPhone release. Here in Australia, the major online stores do not list the Galaxy Note 7 at all. This is telling.
    09-02-2016 12:44 AM
    Sticking with the Note7.

I still love the thing and I am absolutely hooked on the S Pen.

It's hard for me to go to anything else at this point unless they offer a similar form of stylus input.

Let's see how Samsung handles this issue, though. They seem to be doing everything right so far given what's at stake.

As for refurbs or new replacements, since it's a recall, I'd expect new replacements.
    09-02-2016 12:54 AM
    I am a little cynical, but they are doing it so they don't get their *** sued.
    If you have a recall on phones that can possibly explode, they have no choice
    hasasimo and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-02-2016 01:06 AM
    I love my Note 7. Have zero issues. My question is - can Samsung force you to hand back your phone? Or if you refuse and keep it will they null and void warranties etc? I presume they would. That would make resale impossible of course. Such a shame because my phone is behaving so well. I would only accept a new unit given the investment I've made. A refurb would be considered a real fob off.
    09-02-2016 01:09 AM
    Carnac the Magnificent hereby assures the weak of heart that there will be no recall! Cheerio.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:09 AM
    . Reports from Samsung are problem batteries are 0.1% of total build. Still a lot of phones but hope they can identify, isolate and resolve.
    In South Africa Vodacom started with distribution in store yesterday(1st of Sept) Got my pre-order confirmation and delivery reference number at noon. Just after 13h00 the same Vodacom consulatant who handled my pre-order called to inform me that Samsung SA had put a halt on all distribution in the RSA to verify batch information. They (Samsung) hoped to release the local deliveries "soon" but before the original release date of 23rd September. Exynos version
    09-02-2016 01:13 AM
    I am a little cynical, but they are doing it so they don't get their *** sued.
    If you have a recall on phones that can possibly explode, they have no choice
    TBH, this is expected out of every company if something similar happens to their products. They know what they're in for if they don't.

Just ask GM.
    09-02-2016 01:15 AM
    It's still early days for now, but we'll know soon enough if this is really something serious enough to warrant a global recall.
    Absolutely, I'll keep my eyes to what develops just to be aware but I'm not entirely too worried about it personally.
    09-02-2016 01:19 AM
1,397 ... 2122232425 ...