09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    In South Africa Vodacom started with distribution in store yesterday(1st of Sept) Got my pre-order confirmation and delivery reference number at noon. Just after 13h00 the same Vodacom consulatant who handled my pre-order called to inform me that Samsung SA had put a halt on all distribution in the RSA to verify batch information. They (Samsung) hoped to release the local deliveries "soon" but before the original release date of 23rd September. Exynos version
    Hopefully this is an indication that its only certain batches and that they can pinpoint which are involved.
    09-02-2016 01:19 AM
    Absolutely, I'll keep my eyes to what develops just to be aware but I'm not entirely too worried about it personally.
    I'm not too worried either but I'm still rather concerned as I want to know if my phone is affected.

It hasn't thrown up warning signs and hasn't heated up to bad levels on a charger, but I'm not going to assume anything until official word comes out.

I still love this thing, though. Maybe I'm weird, but it seems to be getting better and better.
    drusum likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:23 AM
    I'm not too worried either but I'm still rather concerned as I want to know if my phone is affected.

It hasn't thrown up warning signs and hasn't heated up to bad levels on a charger, but I'm not going to assume anything until official word comes out.

I still love this thing, though. Maybe I'm weird, but it seems to be getting better and better.
    If this is real, only less than 0.1 percent of the phones are affected.
    09-02-2016 01:27 AM
    I think Samsung took a good decision even though they knew it would hurt them. They are thinking about their costumers. I think only those facing over heating issue should return it if they can and wait for a fresh batch. Others shouldn't worry at all. Because I see some people ARE facing heating issues some aren't.

And lol to the one blaming apple for this. You are way ahead of the curve.
    No one is blaming Apple but the fact pro-Apple sites are pumping this story speaks volumes.
    09-02-2016 01:31 AM
    Hopefully this is an indication that its only certain batches and that they can pinpoint which are involved.
    That is what is likely the case and US consumers hopefully won't be affected much. However this is bad because it will hurt Samsung and help the competition such as LG for example and Apple. Especially with the V20 also coming up soon. Android users who like bigger screens might jump ship or decide not to buy Note 7.
    09-02-2016 01:31 AM
    That is what is likely the case and US consumers hopefully won't be affected much. However this is bad because it will hurt Samsung and help the competition such as LG for example and Apple. Especially with the V20 also coming up soon. Android users who like bigger screens might jump ship or decide not to buy Note 7.
    I don't understand why GN7 users would be interested in the iPhone or V20. Two completely different phones for different niches.
    09-02-2016 01:33 AM
    The V20 is designed for a different group of consumers, though. Mainly audiophiles due to its audio chops.

The Note mainly appeals to those who want a productivity-focused device and/or have a use for the S Pen.

They have similar hardware, so it comes down to the software and special features of each.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:35 AM
    No refurbished phones. Never! Ever!
    09-02-2016 01:43 AM
    Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is galling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.
    09-02-2016 01:47 AM
    Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is falling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.
    It doesn't seem to be global, just the international versions. Right now there doesn't seem to be a halt in the US.
    09-02-2016 01:48 AM
    Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is galling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.
    How are they going to produce enough phones in an appropriate amount of time to replace defective units? That will take months.
    09-02-2016 01:49 AM
    How are they going to produce enough phones in an appropriate amount of time to replace defective units? That will take months.
    Nah it won't take months to produce them.
    09-02-2016 01:50 AM
    Well I was checking on att and you can't even order the phone anymore
    09-02-2016 01:51 AM
    You can order them at Verizon, TMO and Samsung USA for shipping next week.
    09-02-2016 01:56 AM
    Apparently Samsung will have a press conference in two hours per Yonhap.
    09-02-2016 02:02 AM
    Apparently Samsung will have a press conference in two hours per Yonhap.
    Yes. Samsung to announce recall of Galaxy Note 7 at 5 p.m. Friday Samsung to announce recall of Galaxy Note 7 at 5 p.m. Friday No detail, so we'll see soon.
    09-02-2016 02:12 AM
    Just thought I would say, I am not at all concerned about this suppose it exploding battery issue and any imminent recall. My phone works just fine, thank you. And it seems to me that it takes a special kind of paranoia to worry about a defect that at most, is said to be found in one out of every ten thousand units, and even that tiny fraction does not represent the number of people who have actually had their phone explode. In fact, I've only heard of two confirmed reports out of the millions sold. I recently had surgery, and I can assure you that the odds of a person dying during even the most minor surgery are greater than the odds of being that one person out of three or four million people who has their phone explode.

I'd like to hear from anybody else who is part of the no paranoia Club.
    I'm not paranoid either. The only time my phone got a little hot was when I tried using that stupid adapter to use the USB charger from my Note 4. Both were Samsung. Other than that nothing. Plus one of those phones that "blew up" seemed fishy to me. One of them didn't even have a legit Samsung logo on them. My phone is working fine. I've seen people complaining about their phone doing this and that and I've had no problems. I'm really happy with it.
    09-02-2016 02:13 AM
    Seems like Samsung are making a statement in two hours. My bet is a global recall...
    09-02-2016 02:14 AM
    My daughter used the branded Samsung wireless charger and she mentioned that it got warm.
    This isn't a case of the phone getting warm... Seems to me that there was an issue with a pack's construction (perhaps by a single subcontractor) that is making it more prone to failure under charging.

Sounds like a small percentage of phones made are susceptible, and even those, we're hearing of only a few actual incidents (not 'a buddy's boss says he knows someone').

I just got my wife's new Note 7... I was going to put it through its paces before giving it to her anyhow... And I'll just keep it on good charging gear, which i was going to do even before this. If it gets recalled, so be it. The replacement will be fine and she'll still enjoy her new Note.

And I'll most likely get some more free stuff from Samsung out of the deal. Works for me.
    09-02-2016 02:19 AM
    If this is real, only less than 0.1 percent of the phones are affected.
    0.1 percent based on rumors .. The actual ? No one knows.
    09-02-2016 02:24 AM
    Does the issue manifest when using a subpar charger?
    09-02-2016 02:34 AM
    I'm not paranoid either. The only time my phone got a little hot was when I tried using that stupid adapter to use the USB charger from my Note 4. Both were Samsung. Other than that nothing. Plus one of those phones that "blew up" seemed fishy to me. One of them didn't even have a legit Samsung logo on them. My phone is working fine. I've seen people complaining about their phone doing this and that and I've had no problems. I'm really happy with it.
    Samsung didn't put front logos on the S7 in Japan, China or South Korea. I'm guessing it is likely the same with the Note.
    09-02-2016 02:39 AM
    Samsung didn't put front logos on the S7 in Japan, China or South Korea. I'm guessing it is likely the same with the Note.
    Okay. I guess I'm wrong on that part. Still, no issues for me. This is causing paranoia in people.
    09-02-2016 02:40 AM
    Seems like Samsung are making a statement in two hours. My bet is a global recall...
    Statement is in 18 mins. 3 am CST, 4 am EST, 1 am PST.
    09-02-2016 02:43 AM
    Okay. I guess I'm wrong on that part. Still, no issues for me. This is causing paranoia in people.
    We should know in a few minutes.
    09-02-2016 02:44 AM
1,397 ... 2223242526 ...