09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    It would be great if it come back with a 4000 battery and an improved screen
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:56 AM
    If everyonea phone is going to be replaced now is the chance for Samsung to really impress us. The phone comes back with a new glass, and a 4000 battery and nouget software at least an improved glass
    ctychick and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-02-2016 04:03 AM
    Two weeks time is what has been said to get all replaced. They will let people know on each country.

If you bought from your carrier, they should know and likely you will exchange it there. That is what carriers in other countries are doing.
    Thanks! Two weeks is not that bad. I was going to install the free memory card I got from Samsung today. I guess I just have to wait.
    MOD NOTE: All recall-related threads have been merged into a single thread.

Please keep all recall-related discussions here.

Thanks
    Thanks! Two weeks is not that bad. I was going to install the free memory card I got from Samsung today. I guess I just have to wait.
    Nope it isn't bad timing, and also since only 35 cases were reported and only 24 were found to be faulty batteries, it is a big deal Samsung is replacing all of the phones too.
    09-02-2016 04:05 AM
    Unless they found a defect with the glass and it doesn't seem they did, don't expect it.

Also don't expect a battery increase, that would require redesigning the phone.

Don't expect N, they aren't finished writing and testing it.
    09-02-2016 04:08 AM
    The full statement;

"Statement on Galaxy Note 7
    Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note 7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

To date (as of September 1) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers' safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note 7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible."

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...call-statement
    09-02-2016 04:12 AM
    New phone from unaffected batch is what you will be getting.
    09-02-2016 04:13 AM
    New ph9ne from unaffected batch is what you will be getting.
    They are making new phones.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:13 AM
    Hmm I just got mine 2 days ago. If this ends up recalled I'll be curious how they handle that. I dont have a backup phone.
    09-02-2016 04:15 AM
    Hmm I just got mine 2 days ago. If this ends up recalled I'll be curious how they handle that. I dont have a backup phone.
    They are all recalled.

Right now it seems like you need to contact TMO. I'm guessing they will either ship it or you go to your store.
    09-02-2016 04:16 AM
    If they mail me a new Note 7 while allowing me to keep my current Note 7, I'll keep the phone. Otherwise I'll move on. Can't be without a phone. Love this phone to death, but I'm not going to be inconvenienced over manufacturing incompetence.
    09-02-2016 04:19 AM
    I'm in the same position of not having a backup phone.

In addition I ordered from Samsung directly so I doubt I will be able to go to AT&T for a quick and easy replacement to minimize downtime. I sure hope I don't have to pick up another phone to hold me off for a few weeks.

If they mail me a new Note 7 while allowing me to keep my current Note 7, I'll keep the phone. Otherwise I'll move on. Can't be without a phone. Love this phone to death, but I'm not going to be inconvenienced over manufacturing incompetence.
    Likewise. I got a business to run and no cell is going to be impossible. Hoping this is what they do for orders that were placed directly on Samsung.com and for those of us that can't walk into a carrier to get it exchanged.
    It might be best for you to just move on, sounds like you aren't happy with a solution that likely doesn't even affect your phone.
    SteelGator likes this.
    It might be best for you to just move on, sounds like you aren't happy with a solution that likely doesn't even affect your phone.
    Do you know if there will be an option for a refund?
    09-02-2016 04:22 AM
    Do you know if there will be an option for a refund?
    I have no idea. You ordered from Samsung, so you should contact them.

Samsung is replacing hundreds of thousands of phones that don't seem to have an issue. I'm sure they will make this as convenient as possible for customers.

Last I heard they are planning to have all new phones completed within two weeks, so they are doing everything they can.
    09-02-2016 04:25 AM
    I can't imagine they would leave you without a loaner phone for the two weeks.
    09-02-2016 04:25 AM
    I don't think that is what they intend. I think when your phone is ready, you will likely pick it up.

They have to make the phones again.
    09-02-2016 04:26 AM
    No way they will let you keep your old phone until after they send you a replacement! Way to much room for abuse. I think it will be a case of informing us that the replacements are ready and then arranging returns.
    09-02-2016 04:31 AM
    Or can I do a full backup and restore for when my non exploding replacement arrives? Sorry for the noob question. Do you need to sync to a computer or can it be dealt with in the cloud?
    09-02-2016 04:36 AM
    I'm in the UK so what happens then do we keep these phones till the new one are ready cause I've sold my old phone and can't be with out a phone bit gutted this one works flawless don't get warm or anything
    09-02-2016 04:36 AM
    Hopefully the people who had a "fast" operating note 7 will receive another fast note 7 when it's replaced.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:38 AM
    No way they will let you keep your old phone until after they send you a replacement! Way to much room for abuse. I think it will be a case of informing us that the replacements are ready and then arranging returns.
    Who said they're going to let you keep the old phones? Of course not! Not only it is a 'safety hazard', the company will be liable for damages/lawsuits if something is truly faulty with the phone.
    09-02-2016 04:40 AM
    I'm in the UK so what happens then do we keep these phones till the new one are ready cause I've sold my old phone and can't be with out a phone bit gutted this one works flawless don't get warm or anything
    Did you buy from a carrier or from Samsung?
    09-02-2016 04:41 AM
    Really surprised they did a global recall. Not really sure where to go from here.
    09-02-2016 04:43 AM
1,397 ... 2425262728 ...