09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Hopefully the people who had a "fast" operating note 7 will receive another fast note 7 when it's replaced.
    I think the one phone no one has to worry about is a worldwide recall replacement Samsung phone.
    09-02-2016 04:43 AM
    It's a shame I finally found a screen protector that actually fits on this phone without lifting LOL
    09-02-2016 04:44 AM
    Who said they're going to let you keep the old phones? Of course not! Not only it is a 'safety hazard', the company will be liable for damages/lawsuits if something is truly faulty with the phone.
    I'm sure there will be a statement to stop using it and then it is going to be up to the individual to stop using it.
    09-02-2016 04:44 AM
    That's wishful thinking or more like magic, Howard 😂
    09-02-2016 04:45 AM
    Good morning, hmm let's see what's happening in the world today: Hurricanes, war, earthquakes, toppling governments, ho hum, ... Note 7 worldwide recall !? Oh, cr@p!
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:48 AM
    I sold mine on eBay, the buyer won't get it till Monday, will be interesting if they contact me, not my problem buddy.
    09-02-2016 04:50 AM
    Hopefully the people who had a "fast" operating note 7 will receive another fast note 7 when it's replaced.
    It would definitely be a bummer if I received a replacement unit with the lag some have reported....
    Would be nice if the 14 day (Verizon) return period restarts from day of replacement....
    09-02-2016 04:51 AM
    I sold mine on eBay, the buyer won't get it till Monday, will be interesting if they contact me, not my problem buddy.
    Seriously?

How would you feel if you were that buyer and your seller didn't contact you and your house burned down and your family died?
    0.1% of all total Note 7 made to date.... and they are replacing ALL handsets??!!

Yeah... something more here

Telling me they can't find the batteries in question by build lots??

They are replacing all phones, regardless of when it was purchased.
    Bosbouer and scorpiodsu like this.
    Captain Compassion, you give eBay a good name. lol
    SteelGator and msm0511 like this.
    09-02-2016 04:54 AM
    I hope after collecting all the phones and before restarting the production they reboot and we get surpised with 821 processor upgrades, 6gb ram and STRONGER GLASS!!
    0.1% of all total Note 7 made to date.... and they are replacing ALL handsets??!!

Well, they probably could, but it's a tedious task and it doesn't guarantee that the others aren't faultless.

Samsung's playing it really safe by recalling every Note7 out there. It will hurt their earnings and profits for sure, but their reputation might not suffer that much dings as a result.

Evidently they can't because there was at least one in the US.

They have had 35 sent to service centers all over the world. They identified 24 as battery fault.

Now why would they lie?

Also you realize with a recall that all governments are involved and it is transparent?

That's what Iwas thinking. No kidding. What's the point of assigning a serial number.
    donm527 likes this.
    That's what Iwas thinking. No kidding. What's the point of assigning a serial number.
    It isn't the phone, it is battery cells made by a contractor.
    09-02-2016 04:56 AM
    Or can I do a full backup and restore for when my non exploding replacement arrives? Sorry for the noob question. Do you need to sync to a computer or can it be dealt with in the cloud?
    You can't do a full backup on the cloud, but I also don't transfer settings when setting up a new phone. I already have all media on the cloud and then just set up as a new device.
    09-02-2016 04:58 AM
    Evidently they can't because there was at least one in the US.

They have had 35 sent to service centers all over the world. They identified 24 as battery fault.

Now why would they lie?

Also you realize with a recall that all governments are involved and it is transparent?
    I don't think they are lying, I think it tells me they really don't know what is going on root cause wise (e.g., is it really just the Korean made batteries or a problem with the charging circuit regardless of battery) and are quickly (over?)reacting to the potential liability issue while trying to spiin the PR damage by saying new fixed phones will be available in two weeks (which I find hard to believe they can spin up a new production that quickly). If that is the case, why should we have any confidence they will have the problem figured out to support the new production run in two weeks. Need to have some transparency that Samsung has truly figured out the problem and can support replacement within two weeks vs. two months. If they really know the cause, I would have expected phones with such and such manufacturing code are subject to mandatory safety recall, but any customer who wants a replacement phone is welcome to one. That would tell me Samsung actually has a handle on it.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:02 AM
    At the top of my news panel. Yikes!
    09-02-2016 05:03 AM
    I don't think they are lying, I think it tells me they really don't know what is going on root cause wise (e.g., is it really just the Korean made batteries or a problem with the charging circuit regardless of battery) and are reacting to the potential reliability issue while trying to spiin the PR damage by saying new fixed phones will be available in two weeks (which I find hard to believe they can spin up a new production that quickly). If that is the case, why should we have any confidence they will have the problem figured out to support the new production run in two weeks. Need to have some transparency that Samsung has truly figured out the problem and can support replacement within two weeks vs. two months.
    They were very specific, they said the words "battery cells" but we already knew that yesterday.

Samsung gave 100% transparency. I'm not sure you know how recalls work.

Each country has varying laws concerning recalls and things that must be done.

They can do production quickly. They can make a phone one day and have it to you in the US within a week.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:04 AM
    Perhaps it's a case of erring-on-the-side-of-caution x's1000, with Samsung worried that their very reputation is a stake here. I'm worried that they haven't fully figured out what went wrong in the first place...
    Bosbouer likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:04 AM
    I hope after collecting all the phones and before restarting the production they reboot and we get surpised with 821 processor upgrades, 6gb ram and STRONGER GLASS!!
    Please! Just call it the Note 7s! That would be awesome!
    donm527 likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:06 AM

Do you think they would replace 1 million phones if they could find the batteries when only 24 have shown to have bad batteries? Then on top of that, halt all new sales and delay all new releases especially the week before Apple releases?

What kind of business sense does that make?
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:07 AM
    Carrier
    09-02-2016 05:10 AM
    Made by a contractor but still unbelievable that they did not inventory tracking associated with each battery lot number to S/N. Producing over a million consumer electronic units with no tracking seems a bit far-fetched and I think people are going to start questioning details of this recall/issue.

Apple manages a list of S/N with associated lot numbers of parts and consumers could check if their phone falls under a recall (iSight Camera, iPhone 5 battery, etc) and I definitely would've expected the same from a large company such as Samsung.
    Bosbouer and donm527 like this.
1,397 ... 2526272829 ...